It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Shortages down South already

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Just seeing all kinds of activity from my friends down South and East.

Looks like gas stations are already running out and the lines are insane.

What are you seeing in your area.

What I know so far is this is from the pipeline shutdown.

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 11-5-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Just seeing all kinds of activity from my friend down South and East.

Looks like gas stations are already running out and the lines are insane.

What are you seeing in your area.

What I know so far is this is from the pipeline shutdown.

www.cbsnews.com...

Will see later today. The second I saw the story about the pipeline shutting down I went and filled up and filled my gas cans....nobody was around that morning. I'd imagine today it is long lines everywhere.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Good thinking on your part!!
It’s not in my area, but I’m going to do the same thing.
I’m also going to stock up, because this will also hurt the whole trucking situation.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I’m on vacation on the Palm Coast this week and next. It would pain me to have to call in the following Monday and say I can’t get enough gas to get home. Oh well, a few more days of drinking, feasting, fishing, and fornicating. Eventually Joe Biden’s cash cow will run dry.

+7 more 
posted on May, 11 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is a MAJOR happening and there aren't enough people taking the Biden admin to task over it.

This is CRITICAL infrastructure and Biden's team is doing NOTHING about it. They're calling it "a private sector issue".

+12 more 
posted on May, 11 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
This is a MAJOR happening and there aren't enough people taking the Biden admin to task over it.

This is CRITICAL infrastructure and Biden's team is doing NOTHING about it. They're calling it "a private sector issue".

Joe Biden and his gang of goons hate America and want to destroy it and us.
He was propped up by a totally fraudulent election, for the express purpose of destroying the country.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Good thinking on your part!!
It’s not in my area, but I’m going to do the same thing.
I’m also going to stock up, because this will also hurt the whole trucking situation.

Just don't store your gasoline, with your toilet paper!

I filled our rigs and genni can yesterday myself...this may be a helluva ride this summer. Makes for challenging times as a travelling regional sales manager

Even though Im in the PNW I expect this to find its way here...anything to do with gas always hits us...we have been at $4.09 for a bit
edit on 11-5-2021 by BlueJacket because: Eta

edit on 11-5-2021 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

From my area in Maine, there is nothing of note. Still $2.85 for regular across the street, and no lines at any of the gas stations I go to or pass by.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Especially since the Russians are supposed to have done it ... I thought the left (Biden admin) spent the last 4 years finding RUSSIANS everywhere and now they do something and it's not their problem.

But you know what it is- gas is evil.

edit on 11-5-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Let's not forget this administration wants limited travel for a number of reasons from "pandemic" spread to carbon emissions and everything in between. They are dead set against opening up. So if you think they are going to be proactive in resolving this, think again.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Tempter

Especially since the Russians are supposed to have done it ... I thought the left (Biden admin) spent the last 4 years finding RUSSIANS everywhere and now they do something and it's not their problem.

But you know what it is- gas is evil.

Of course this will further their deranged plan to implement the insane “Green New Deal” proposed by the off the planet Far Left, or at least some variation of that plan.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   
heard on the radio a state of emergency in regards to gas was declared in north carolina??

tried to get gas on base people were lined up into the street getting gas, been yelling at folks for months that 10 mpg truck is going to break you financially under this administration.

stupid thing I have seen is everyone saying the word shortage which implies we dont have gas, we have crap loads of gas, its just an issue with distribution unless I missed a really big story.

Yea they got hacked the pipeline got shut down they will get it running soon if not already and this will be a hiccup not a run for your bug out location this time.
edit on 11-5-2021 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   

This is feeling like toilet paper a year ago.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Let's not forget this administration wants limited travel for a number of reasons from "pandemic" spread to carbon emissions and everything in between. They are dead set against opening up. So if you think they are going to be proactive in resolving this, think again.

The government is probably the ones behind it. Notice Russia gets blamed again. Also notice it’s mostly red states affected.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

They really do want to revisit the Carter years. And they were so good at creating the tp shortage that now they're going for something critical.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   
And let’s not forget who the Secretary of Energy is.......Jennifer Granholm.
She was a complete and total dumpster fire as the Governor of Michigan and she will be a total failure in her new “job”

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I siphoned the gas out of my neighbor's cars yesterday after I saw it was the Colonial Pipeline. Should be a fun couple of weeks.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Anyone remember the "gas shortage" of the 70s?

For those that do, you recall that there was no real shortage. There was plenty of gas. There were tankers sitting off the coast full of oil. They were just waiting for the prices to go up.

"Prices going up" wasn't really an accurate description. This happened just after Nixon took the dollar off the gold standard. He was forced to because France had called the US to task for how much they spent on the Vietnam War. Once off the gold standard, we got rapid inflation; i.e. the dollar was worth less and its value continued to drop. If you were selling oil to the US, it made no sense to sell your oil on Monday for dollars that would be worth less on Thursday.

The same thing is happening now. Biden is going on a tax and spend spree. Print a couple trillion for "covid relief", print a couple more trillion for "infrastructure", he'll probably want a couple more trillion for "climate change" or "student debt" or "migrant relief" or something else. The end result will be rapid inflation.

We can already see prices going up in various sectors, and this is just the beginning. We'll certainly see a deep recession. We'll probably see a full blown depression, but the media won't call it that while a Democrat is in office.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Went out and filled up the tank.
No lines...Mid-tier Gas @ $2.89 per gallon.
I live in the Midwest.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

We'll probably see a full blown depression, but the media won't call it that while a Democrat is in office.

I’m leaning toward this too.
Trying to get my gardens ready. I’m really thinking about foods that keep and provide enough for survival. Not just all the pretty and fun stuff.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join