It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help me choose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I have 3 books to read that are just catching dust. $
foucault`s pendulum by umberto eco
The Iluminatus triologie by robert shea and anton wilson
and Moral and Dogmas by alber Pike

has any of you read any of these books? which one would you suggest, and are there any other books that pop up in your mind when you read these 3 titles?

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

I read The Illuminatus Trilogy many years ago, and remember loving it! I haven't read the other two so I don't know what to say about that, but definitely give Illuminatus a whirl!

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I've never read those, sorry.

The first book that popped into my mind was one not on your list by author Hilton Hotema. Best collection I've ever read.

Peace!

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpenee

Illuminati are great books

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I once started but never went through with them. I have read other books of wilson, like the new inquisition and the encyclopedia of conspiracies

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I enjoyed Umberto Eco's "The Name Of The Rose," so I wouldn't think you could go wrong reading anything by him.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Pike is very dry and can be ponderous at times. Additionally there are subjects he touches on that are now known to be incorrect (the Masons are related to the Templars for one) and many of the degrees that he writes about are no longer used having been replaced by updated versions.

A Bridge to Light replaced this book as the handout for all new Southern Jurisdiction Scottish Rite members.

edit on 11-5-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
I have 3 books to read that are just catching dust. $
foucault`s pendulum by umberto eco
The Iluminatus triologie by robert shea and anton wilson
and Moral and Dogmas by alber Pike

has any of you read any of these books? which one would you suggest, and are there any other books that pop up in your mind when you read these 3 titles?

Freemasons.

The world's first LARPers.

Op:

I hear Kaczynski is trending.
edit on 5/11/2021 by MykeNukem because: lol

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

new Southern Jurisdiction Scottish Rite members.

i don`t get the distinction... Are they not real masons or what?

(the Masons are related to the Templars for one)
are they or not? and how do you guys get along with the maltes knights?

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   

i don`t get the distinction... Are they not real masons or what?

They are. The Scottish Rite is an appendant body, it's a group you can join after you get your Blue Lodge Degrees. The Scottish Rite Degrees are basically morality plays that you watch which expound on the same topics as the Blue Lodge.

Also, Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry (that's the full title) was only relevant to the Southern Jurisdiction of that body, up north we don't use the same Degrees or reference Pike.

are they or not? and how do you guys get along with the maltes knights?

They are not, Masonry predates the Knights Templar by a couple hundred years.

edit on 11-5-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

nothing wrong with a good LARP

help me out... i don`t get it...

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Thank you!

I have heard his name mentioned positively and especially foucaults pendulum beeing a rabit hole on its own. I made the decission.

watch out for my "shut up and read Foucaults pendulum" thread

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   

nothing wrong with a good LARP

help me out... i don`t get it...

Sure, LARP away.

Kaczynski was another LARPer. A feigned intellectual, with psychopathic tendencies.

K, I need a coffee...carry on.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The Illuminatus Trilogy refers to many things discussed on ATS. Basically the backbone of conspiracy theory.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I had an Eco period in my reading history. Foucault is, in a way, somewhat like those National Treasure movies, though more thought out and better writen. Plot lines spiral individually and slowly merge as the story progresses. I could say that there is tension and suspense, wrapping me up for the conclusion. A terrific ''who dun it''.

Should you read that one and like it enough to want more of Eco, I can recommend ''The Island of the Day Before'' which is my favorite of his. It is built on the concept that once we learned that the world was round and not flat that it revolves around and around, the question arose of when does yesterday become today and today, tomorrow, just where in the world does that change take place. A real question at that time he tells us. It is an adventure that skirts the fringes of evolving sciences at that time in search of truth and wealth.

However I also read a number of books by Anton Wilson, enough recall I enjoyed him as well.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Mate Did I rub you off the wrong way?

Hopefully your coffee did the trick.
I just saw there was a thread on the book of the unabomber, ok i get it now...

and me I was already wondering what jaroslav Kaczynski might have written that could be of interest

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Charles Kos found something interesting recently. An old map that proves history wrong. Im still trying to digest the gravity of it. It seems things may be a little different then we have been told. Kos is not religious by the way.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I'm not interested in woo.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Mate Did I rub you off the wrong way?

Hopefully your coffee did the trick.
I just saw there was a thread on the book of the unabomber, ok i get it now...

and me I was already wondering what jaroslav Kaczynski might have written that could be of interest

Lmao.

Yup, coffee did it.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Read them all!

But I am weirdo that way! Leave Pike M&D for the next lock down (or when you are in a coma on the ventilator! It is not “good read” but more of a manual).

Feel like laugh out loud stuff? RAW/Shea are your authors! Part fantasy, alternate history, and an exercise in Discordianism,your sense of brain putty will get a work out.

Eco is a mystery novel set in a medieval castle. For general reading, learning about libraries and books, and a sense of fulfillment when finished this is your go to.

As long as you keep the hobby going, reading is a rewarding experience!!

top topics

join