It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Voyager 1 detects faint, persistent hum beyond our solar system

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on May, 11 2021 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The voyager probe launched in 1977 is just about 15 billion+ miles away and still sending info for us to analyze (quite amazing in itself). Scientist say our solar system boundary is roughly around the 11 billion mile mark so the claim is Voyager is in interstellar space and is receiving a weak/faint hum outside our solar system. The hum is caused by persistent interstellar plasma particles striking the sensor. Hummm ?? The older I get and the more I see I fall towards the idea the universe is ruled by plasma..

I once heard a TED talk about going faster than the speed of light where the presenter said as soon as Captain Kirk said "engage" everyone would die due to, in the vacuum of space, even one molecule of hydrogen per cubit centimeter would be enough to turn your body into something that looked like someone was shot with 1,000,000 shot guns in less than a second .. Force field or no go IMO !

The border is a messy "edge" where the sun's influence disappears and the interstellar medium begins. The medium is typically characterized as empty, desolate and dark, but the PWS on Voyager 1 has detected a low, constant pattering against its detector, space raindrops gently falling on a window. Those drops signify plasma waves -- or interstellar gas -- is constant company for the spacecraft.

"We're detecting the faint, persistent hum of interstellar gas," said Stella Koch Ocker, a doctoral student at Cornell University who lead the research. "It's very faint and monotone, because it is in a narrow frequency bandwidth."

www.cnet.com...

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

enough to turn your body into something that looked like someone was shot with 1,000,000 shot guns in less than a second

This is my chosen method of death. Thank you. Engage warp drive, Mr Sulu.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 02:13 AM
link   

What is a talking "TED"?

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

What is a talking "TED"?

TED talk

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

What is a talking "TED"?

It's a cute fluffy bear that talks when you push his tummy.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Do they KNOW it's just plasma?

Or is that just the most likely of possible theories?

Just wanna make sure it isn't the sound of a mother ship hurling towards us at the speed of light.

+1 more 
posted on May, 11 2021 @ 03:11 AM
link   
That hum is the sound of the servers that are running the simulation.

Lets just hope they have plenty of cooling.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 03:49 AM
link   

I don't think captain Kirk was ever going faster than light. I think the enterprise warped space.
Just saying

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 04:07 AM
link   
We laugh at the Victorian Era which figured space to be some sort of aether between the planets and stars. A vast sea of something. Then we figured it to be vacuum of nothing with sporadic bits of dust and gas.

So long as a capsule doesn’t hit the man in the moon’s eye, I guess.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZeussusZ

I don't think captain Kirk was ever going faster than light. I think the enterprise warped space.
Just saying

Yes yes yes as most who look and think about such things know that..... STILL...Play along and be nice !! hahaha

Another interesting saying is, " Everything in Space is trying to kill you kinda like Australia without air" !
edit on 727thk21 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 04:19 AM
link   

huh.. So the speed of light is constant optical imagery, but the speed of dark is a constant detectable hum..

weird.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ZeussusZ

I think Captain Kirk was setting in a chair on a set inside of a studio. Just saying.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Makes me think a little of Velikovsky.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Most likely capacitor hums from now failing caps.
Be my guess.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

Just saying

Another interesting saying is, " Everything in Space is trying to kill you kinda like Australia without air" !

But I thought that in space, nobody could hear you scream.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 06:32 AM
link   
You know when you put your phone too close to a loud speaker and it starts to make an interference hum?

Thats whats happening to Voyager as it gets closer to the reality projector.

Don't worry its completley normal.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 06:35 AM
link   

With the ST method of warp speed i think they also had there structural integrity fields to mitigate the extreme stresses and force caused by warp travel all the same.

Interesting where the voyager probe is concerned.
edit on 11-5-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Just saying
yes and no, sorry my nerdism is kicking in and I can't CON...TR...OL I...T...... ... . . . . . .

. . . .. ...the nacelles, commonally found at the rear of most Federation Starships, have highly sensitive fiels coils in them that generate a field that distorts the surrounding space, this results in a "Warp Field".

Basically, the "field" is a subspace distortion that warps around the ship, allowing it to ride along at faster than light speeds.

A by product of the subspace field, it can reduce the inertial mass whatever is encompassed in that field..... . .. . ... . . .. . . .
edit on 11-5-2021 by Arnie123 because: S21 Ultra acting weird...

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Do they KNOW it's just plasma?

Or is that just the most likely of possible theories?

Just wanna make sure it isn't the sound of a mother ship hurling towards us at the speed of light.

The speed of light is much faster than the speed of sound. Once something exceeds the sound barrier you'll see it before you hear it. Also, there isn't enough matter in the interstellar medium to propagate sound waves outward from say a physical object passing through on a narrow localized trajectory. If this theory is correct, we only are detecting the hum because we have sensors on the craft; nothing else around it would hear Voyager making any 'noise'.

Other than that, I agree with you, hopefully nothing wicked comes this way....

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Here i like that. Nice.,

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join