It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN reporting MASS SHOOTINGS everywhere

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on May, 10 2021 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Mass shootings everywhere, here there and everywhere. What's missing? That 99% of these mass shootings were gang related and/or black on black mass shootings. They of course equated the mass shootings with the gun control narrative and of course related it back to the recent mall shooting by the crazy person with the "AR" style assault rifle.

Funny that so many of these mass shootings were in California, NY and Chicago, the cities with the most strict gun laws. Hmmmm.

+8 more 
posted on May, 10 2021 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Honestly, what's to say?

Everytime there's a gun control campaign, the shootings increase. Funny that, but not really.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
Mass shootings everywhere, here there and everywhere. What's missing? That 99% of these mass shootings were gang related and/or black on black mass shootings. They of course equated the mass shootings with the gun control narrative and of course related it back to the recent mall shooting by the crazy person with the "AR" style assault rifle.

Funny that so many of these mass shootings were in California, NY and Chicago, the cities with the most strict gun laws. Hmmmm.

They should get Dr Suess to write a book about it....make it more like peaceful bullets that have no bearing on where they end up.....Bullets Lives Matter!

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Honestly, what's to say?

Everytime there's a gun control campaign, the shootings increase. Funny that, but not really.

The over reporting and media hysteria increases, you mean, right?

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well the MSM finally realized if they call all shootings that kill or injure more than 3 people a "mass shooting" that the gang shootings would really pump up the stats and ratings. CNN thanks the gang members of NY and Cali, thumb up.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Honestly, what's to say?

Sure.

However, there seems to be more high profile shootings and body counts when there are pushes for more restrictions.

Am I wrong?

ETA: Most of these shootings can't be just swept under the rug or folded into the stats and ignored. The uptick of those types and the timing is suspect IMO.
edit on 5/10/2021 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   

What I hear is "strict guns laws in individual areas are useless when counties or states right next to them have lax laws. What we need is a strict nation wide regulation to keep guns in the hands of law abiding citizens and out of the hands of criminals"

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   

It is partly due to the fact that there is no specific standardized definition regarding exactly what constitutes a 'Mass Shooting'

What Is a Mass Shooting?

The U.S. government has never defined mass shooting as a separate category of crime, and there is not yet a broadly accepted definition of the term.

In the 1980s, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) defined mass murderer as someone who “kills four or more people in a single incident (not including himself), typically in a single location” (Krouse and Richardson, 2015).

In 2013, Congress defined mass killing as a single incident that leaves three or more people dead (Pub. L. 112-265, 2013).

However, both definitions include many incidents that would not be considered mass shootings. Furthermore, neither definition was established for the purpose of data collection or statistical analyses.

......various news outlets, researchers, and law enforcement agencies often use different definitions when reporting on mass shootings, which can complicate our understanding of mass shooting trends and their relationship to gun policy....

www.rand.org...

+1 more 
posted on May, 10 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Auth3nt1k

Yeah, keep those guns out of all those dangerous law abiding citizens, who knew the solution was that easy? Is that like "peaceful protests" that burn and loot entire cities? I get it now, I forgot we were living in opposite clown world, how stupid of me.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Honestly, what's to say?

Sure.

However, there seems to be more high profile shootings and body counts when there are pushes for more restrictions.

Am I wrong?

Yes. The media just doesn't tell you about the others when its not politically convenient. They are always happening in small numbers all over the country. Always have, always will. Only the 24/7 media doesn't tell you unless there is some political advantage.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Gawd I wish I could speak freely about what I'd like to see happen at CNN.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Ima give you a pass cause I think you miss read my post. I said keep the guns in the hands of law abiding citizens.

I think we have every right to protest and anyone looting, destroying property, burning buildings, or attacking police/other protestors needs to be arrested and prosecuted.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I must say I'm not one to jump into Fringe science .

But .

The timing of these shootings is very very suspect to the point of it seeming intentionally controlled .

It would not surprise me in the least if we are witnessing some sort of programmable behavior , all I'm saying is it's possible.

edit on 10-5-2021 by asabuvsobelow because: typo / grammar

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   
With all this , bear in mind Barry made MSM propaganda legal.
Nothing can be done.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

They should get Dr Suess to write a book about it....make it more like peaceful bullets that have no bearing on where they end up.....Bullets Lives Matter!

How about dale gribble?
youtu.be...

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:50 PM
link   
My Darlin' said this morning, "they said there's an increase in shootings"
and I said, "who said?"
She looked at me hard and said, "the talking heads on BBC!"
and I said, "what percentage of increase?"
She said, "they didn't say. SO. Is it an increase of shootings or reporting?"
and I said, "Bingo, baby!"

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Auth3nt1k

What I hear is "strict guns laws in individual areas are useless when counties or states right next to them have lax laws. What we need is a strict nation wide regulation to keep guns in the hands of law abiding citizens and out of the hands of criminals"

Unfortunately criminals don't follow 'strict regulation' ... its kinda the reason we call them criminals.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:55 PM
link   
There have always been mass shootings, the people doing them target a specific group of people they have issues with. If there is an increase happening it is because they are dividing the people more and more in this country instead of promoting us to bring people of all races and classes together. We need to get people back to work and quit all of this political correct BS. The people who protest to keep our right to bear arms do not need to carry a gun in the protests. That is intimidating and promotes fear in some people...it drives people farther to anti-gun laws, those people are not doing things right, if they want to carry, carry a legal concealed weapon with the proper legal concealed weapon permit.

The black communities have their problems with gun bearing gangs and thiefs and drug pushers. Not all of these people carry guns, but there are plenty of them and they cause problems. If you want to help the good black citizens, take the guns away from the people who are harrassing them, that will make it safer for the cops too and they will not have to worry about getting shot at as much and wind up shooting someone who they believe is armed.

Why can't most of us just get along, spouting inappropriate racism claims is not going to bring us together. Yes there is racism, but it is not nearly as bad as they are making it out to be. Black people are mostly not bad, but they do have some that are, just like there are white people that are bad. We have to deal with all the bad people and get them off of the streets. You cannot call someone bad just because they smoke pot or do some drugs occasionally either, that does not mean they are going to shoot someone or cause riots, in fact, I would say the guy chilling out with a frosted mug of beer and smoking a little pot probably is not going to be out there rioting or killing people. A person who is piggy drunk might or a person strung out on heroin or Meth might be a problem if they need money to buy drugs though. And not all people dealing drugs will kill innocent people. Most are just trying to make a living. They may rip you off though.

There are multiple reasons for the civil unrest that is happening, and remember this. A person that is really anti-gun may also do a mass shooting to make it appear that gun owners are bad. The best way to get guns out of people's hands would be to create a need for it. I would guess that not all shootings will be caused by people who are pro-gun.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Criminals do mass shooting and the media reports them.

Guns get banned from non-criminals and the gang member criminals keep their guns and do more mass shootings. More guns get taken from law-abiding people and the criminals keep their guns.

What is wrong with this??? Why don't the criminals get the electric chair. And the law-abiding get a free pass to shoot criminals caught in the act and save the taxpayers a lot of money.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Gawd I wish I could speak freely about what I'd like to see happen at CNN.

CNN thinks with the mind of a college girls dorm. Spoiled snooty
with no semblance of street smarts. And they damn sure don't
understand gangs. It's only gonna take one gangster to see what
CNN or any news work is doing. And if just one member in one
gang stirs the word "Rat" with CNN. Well just don't be surprised
when bullets start zipping passed their heads. You won't need
to wonder why.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join