It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Fake Outrage and Other Assorted Wisdom from President Biden

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
That is too funny
Butbutbut trump.......

Lolololol

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

LOL...why was Kamala even there? What a truly odd announcement this was.

Because Cobra Commander needs the Baroness.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:07 PM
link   

It was a perfect "make me a sammich" setup....funny how the camera finally pans in to just Joe....I think they got how awkward it was too.

I also find it odd how disheveled Kamala looks....coat is wrinkled and lapel sticking out....pants wrinkled....just a really strange photo/video for optics.

Biden has a black woman standing way behind him that literally does nothing during the entire address except stand there....behind the old white guy....

It is like Bizarro world!

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Darn those meddling kids and their facts!!!

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The bill will also extend a $300 per week unemployment insurance boost until Sept. 6

So he extended the bill that Trump signed in December. If he wouldn't have, you'd be bitching that he canceled another Trump policy.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Corporations want their slave wage workers back.

The only suitable job is a job that pays more than unemployment and then some. Not two or three part-time, no healthcare, no extra hours jobs to make ends meet bs.

Funny how most people are fine with corporate welfare, but not so much as it pertains to those they consider their peers.

Go figure.

Up top, they laugh at us, bickering and infighting amongst the populace, while they fleece our futures and destroy our lives. But yeah, get back to work!🙄

I'm not for UI, but take everything you can get right now, just like the government, F it. Inflation is coming biggly and folks are going to need every cent they can get their hands on.

edit on 5/10/2021 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Sorry, no, he didn't. This is an extension of the original which Republicans didn't like either but Democrats and liberal media forced them to accept.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

So he extended the bill that Trump signed in December. If he wouldn't have, you'd be bitching that he canceled another Trump policy.

Nope, we would be happy Biden finally did something right. Guess we're still waiting.
edit on 10-5-2021 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 10:29 PM
link   
A lot of people around here were using the fear of getting covid as an excuse to stay on unemployment because unemployment paid better. There are job openings posted on many business doors and windows, and there are a real lot of people still collecting their unemployment payments here, way past the point that they could collect unemployment ever in the past. Before it was up to six months with maybe a couple of six week extentions...and that was if you had worked steady over a year. Now people are collecting unemployment a year and three months later and they only worked at the place a few months and they are not looking for work either, being low on the totum pole, they are finally at a point now where they can go back but are refusing to look for work anywhere else because they do not have to yet.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

This is a huge problem in my area.

Well Joe, if you’d stop paying people more money to sit on their ass all day, than what they get paid at said job — people would have been back to work months ago.

Bernie Sanders made the Unemployment package so generous, I get to work and earn unemployment, and it's legal. Gonna miss that extra $510 @ week, come the end of August when the gravy train ends.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   

It was a perfect "make me a sammich" setup....funny how the camera finally pans in to just Joe....I think they got how awkward it was too.

I also find it odd how disheveled Kamala looks....coat is wrinkled and lapel sticking out....pants wrinkled....just a really strange photo/video for optics.

Biden has a black woman standing way behind him that literally does nothing during the entire address except stand there....behind the old white guy....

It is like Bizarro world!

Kamala likes dressing in funeral black when she's in Joe's presence. An omen? She reminds me of a buzzard sitting on his shoulder.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Coming from the guy that killed tens of thousands of jobs his first week in office.🙄🙄🙄
FO you muppet.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Speaking of which, Joe Biden says when our oil company pipeline computers are hacked, it's none of the U.S. government's business. The private sector should code their computers better.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: mtnshredder

Speaking of which, Joe Biden says when our oil company pipeline computers are hacked, it's none of the U.S. government's business. The private sector should code their computers better.

He’s such an idiot. To infinity and beyond!

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: LordAhriman

Sorry, no, he didn't. This is an extension of the original which Republicans didn't like either but Democrats and liberal media forced them to accept.

Sorry, you're wrong.

On Dec. 27, 2020, President Trump signed into law the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021, reauthorizing the payment of FPUC benefits and creating the new MEUC program. Today’s guidance provides states with important information about the extension of FPUC program authority, and the initial program authorization of MEUC. 
In addition to reauthorizing FPUC, the new law also modifies the program, which expired July 31, 2020. FPUC now provides $300 per week to supplement benefits for weeks of unemployment beginning after Dec. 26, 2020, and ending on or before March 14, 2021. FPUC is not payable with respect to any week during the gap in applicability, that is, weeks of unemployment ending after July 31, 2020, through weeks of unemployment ending on or before Dec. 26, 2020. 

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 11:37 PM
link   

i don't think the real problem is people being paid to stay home. oh i am sure that there are those that are abusing it, just as they have always abused welfare and unemployment.

in fact i believe there are two main reasons people are not going back to those low paying jobs, with no benefits. first and foremost in the arguing over things like minimum wage the last few years one basic type of comment continually popped up. "if they want more pay, then they should get a job that pays more, not expect their job to pay them more".

well could we actually be seeing most people taking that to heart? that they are not bothering to even apply to those low pay jobs, but instead trying to find work that actually pays a living wage? not to mention in this time of pandemic, wanting a job that has things like medical benefits.

trying to find a better job, while working at these low paying jobs is difficult. especially when many people working such jobs, also need to work other jobs, to pay the bills. how does one say go to interviews, during the time they are working? and jobs really don't like to give "time off", so you can find a better job. even worse is that if it becomes known you are actively looking for another job, you might find yourself replaced, and/or needed hours cut.

so the fact is that this is the best time many people have ever had to try to find better paying work. after all they are getting paid, and have all the time to seek better work. i know if i am looking for work things like restaurant and low paid retail work are the LAST PLACES i would apply at. certainly not the first place. and thus are pretty much going to be the last places to get workers. and those will be the ones that are desperate.

another BIG ISSUE right now IS the pandemic. and that is also why they can't fill those jobs. because guess what, those low paying, no benefit jobs, are also some of the most high risk jobs. now why would anyone willingly put themselves at risk for pay you can't even live on?

if they want workers, and can't get them, then they should deal with the issues of WHY people aren't lining up for those jobs. in other words offer both a living wage, as well as to provide health benefits. especially life insurance and medical insurance to pay for medical care, time off, death and permanent disability payments for effects from the virus.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
Coming from the guy that killed tens of thousands of jobs his first week in office.🙄🙄🙄
FO you muppet.

Do explain. Who lost their job?

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: generik

SHHH! You can't say any of that here!

Repeat after me.

Corporations paying minimum wage is good.

Covid is fake.

Vaccines are bad.

People who lost their job and can't find a new one that would feed their family are the problem.

Biden is also the problem because he somehow signed this, disguised as Donald Trump, about a month before his inauguration.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

You kinda explained my path as I was on UI for a couple of months, then I used the proceeds to start a home based business. No more UI needed, and no more '9 to 5' either.

These companies want bodies, not people. They want bodies to take jobs that are available just to fill those vacancies irregardless of how miserable and financially infeasible the jobs are.

There are fellow citizens that feel the same way; acting like holier than thou parental figures telling their failure to launch kids, "it's either school or a job or the pavement!"

Get real.

There's not even enough openings for everyone to go back to work doing anything SUBSTANTIAL as most of these jobs are crap retail and service sector positions that, like you mentioned, put you in harm's way.

A bunch of people get inoculated to lessen the symptoms and think this is over. Further, the overly naive and optimistic bunch thinks we can move on after a YEAR of stagnation (and the MASSIVE decimation of main street) can all be turned around in less than six months if everyone applies at McDonald's??

Okay.

Sure.

Mark my words, there will be another extension in September, if the economy holds it together that long.

We still have another "Summer of Love" to look forward to exacerbated by an oncoming inflation onslaught.

A LOT of moving parts and things to consider. We're not robots, we're individuals with lives and situations and concerns that are not going to be fixed by some disgruntled anti-welfare slogan from a bumper sticker.

It's more complicated than that now.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: KKLOCO

This is a huge problem in my area.

Well Joe, if you’d stop paying people more money to sit on their ass all day, than what they get paid at said job — people would have been back to work months ago.

Bernie Sanders made the Unemployment package so generous, I get to work and earn unemployment, and it's legal. Gonna miss that extra $510 @ week, come the end of August when the gravy train ends.

You do realize you will probably have to pay back 5x what they gave you. Money isn't free, it comes from taxes, if you work you will be paying it back with interest.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join