It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVID Camps - Hawaii

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   
First Post
-
I normally just browse and read through interesting topics on here but after what happened at church on Sunday I feel compelled to at least share. My pastor comes on TV and you can tell he is at a beach. He then confirms he is in Hawaii with his family but was supposed to be home by now. They had a pastor retreat. Now he stated his wife tested positive when they landed, although no symptoms, so they took her from him. The state offered two choices, they have what is called COVID Camps or he can pay the hotel for 14 additional days for two rooms. When he spoke to us he said he has not been allowed out of his room for 240 hours so far. Has not seen his wife as well. At least he had internet and was able to communicate.

My question, has anyone seen these camps? Thankfully the money was put up to afford the hotel rooms. I found one article just by doing a Google search. Normally my church post the weekly sermons online, when they do I will be happy to link it. I hope they keep his statement in the sermon and not cut it out.

www.civilbeat.org...

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MPoling

Sounds like Ol' father has a two week extended vacation on a tropical island. The money was "put up" for a hotel? Is it a 5 star resort by any chance? He's not paying for it? Forgive me father
but my skepticism kicks in.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I work for a company that had people quarantine in HI before deploying farther away. These were not covid-positive people. Just doing a quarantine before going to Kwaj. They were given a one-time entry hotel key. the rest was all food delivery and staring out the window. They don't fool around there.

Some of the protocols are government driven, and others are HI driven because the same quarantine process in AK allowed for going out and roaming the grounds etc.
edit on 10-5-2021 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   

They had a pastor retreat.

Didn't the retreat organizers and your pastor know that Hawaii currently requires all visitors to quarantine for 10 days after arriving?

Your pastor and his wife could have done the "Safe Travels Program", before leaving, but seeing as his wife tested positive, they wouldn't have qualified.

hidot.hawaii.gov...

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
Some of the protocols are government driven, and others are HI driven because the same quarantine process in AK allowed for going out and roaming the grounds etc.

Apparently HI actually has prosecuted and jailed quarantine breakers. Alaska, to my knowledge, hasn't even threatened criminal prosecution during COVID. Our state level "mandates" were basically unenforced suggestions. Even when flying into the state they had allegedly mandatory testing at the airport that claimed it was required for all, but AK residents were exempt by being residents and the testing lines didn't bother to ever check IDs so the non-residents who didn't feel like getting tested would just not enter the line and tell anyone who asked "I'm an Alaskan" and avoid the entire process free of hassles. Apparently word of that got around fast because quite a few outsiders took that route last year to speed up their airport experience and avoid any risk of being placed in a more regimented quarantine.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Finally something relevant to me!!!!!!!

Big Island checking in.
There are no “camps” like your thinking. We aren’t FEMA and there are no plastic coffins.

They have designated COVID hotels that you quarantine in. It sounds like they offered him a second option, book a hotel in a nicer location/hotel.

We handled COVID poorly and didn’t shut inner island travel down until it was too late. We opened it back up WHILE Maui has like 100 cases a day or some ridiculous number. We only locked down for the first 2 weeks and after that everyone acted like it was business as usual.

COVID hasn’t impacted my life at all with the exception of movie theaters being closed and a 2 week curfew.

Everything else has been open the entire time, no one stopped working. I’m essential so literally nothing changed for me minus having to wear a mask.

Aloha!

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   
A church official fleecing the flock to get a free vacation? Unheard of.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I assume Skyhigh00↑ is probably correct, but if you wanna look at it, I came across this site:

hawaiicovid19.com...

In the section about Testing, Isolation & Quarantine, I didn't see anything about specific designated locations, .
hawaiicovid19.com...
edit on 5/10/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This was more towards the beginning when less info was out and we closed the beaches for people sitting. Meaning if you were swimming you were good, you just couldn't linger and congregate - we arrested a few people for this. We blocked off the entrance to a local beach near me and had a cop sitting there to prevent it - this is area specific however and I don't want to go into it for privacy reasons.

We took travel coming in seriously and still do and in fact I am pretty sure I read an article about this pastors wife when it happened, as she had no symptoms and passed the test to get on the plane. I'm assuming these are the same people.

All that said, "IF you live here" you could fly back and that system was certainly abused the same as AK.
As I said previously our big #up was not stopping inner-island travel from massively exploding hotspots like Maui which led to our only serious covid period on my island.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Hawaii is a wacko liberal stronghold.
I went to the iconic North shore. The view was amazing, I panned across the shoreline and noticed a shack there.
F*** Trump!! Was spray painted across the roof in giant letters.
It was real classy.
They also run out and scream at you for smoking outdoors.
I escaped the day the fake pandemic started.
Prices have turned it into the busybody islands.
I feel sorry for the locals being driven out of there.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Thank you for all the replies. He will be back soon and I look forward to what he has to say. They did the pre travel stuff and both tested negative when they borded the flight. A day after they landed his wife tested positive. I just can't believe he had to stay in his own room without leaving even though he was negative. The church is Generations Christian Church in Trinity FL. The website has the messages online, last week isn't up yet.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Thanks for starting this thread, it's a small amazing world when I see a news story about something. Then I hop on ATS and see a member of their church posting!
I hope they are enjoying their 2 week hotel stay - great views

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Just remember, we were only supposed to wear masks for 2 weeks, too. I don't get how they can encamp people like this.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I did nazi that coming.

a reply to: LSU2018

edit on 10-5-2021 by CrazyFox because: For clarity

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skyhigh00
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This was more towards the beginning when less info was out and we closed the beaches for people sitting. Meaning if you were swimming you were good, you just couldn't linger and congregate - we arrested a few people for this. We blocked off the entrance to a local beach near me and had a cop sitting there to prevent it - this is area specific however and I don't want to go into it for privacy reasons.

We took travel coming in seriously and still do and in fact I am pretty sure I read an article about this pastors wife when it happened, as she had no symptoms and passed the test to get on the plane. I'm assuming these are the same people.

All that said, "IF you live here" you could fly back and that system was certainly abused the same as AK.
As I said previously our big #up was not stopping inner-island travel from massively exploding hotspots like Maui which led to our only serious covid period on my island.

Honest question for you.
Who are you referring to as "we" ?

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyFox
I did nazi that coming.

a reply to: LSU2018

Well played 😂😂😂

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skyhigh00
Finally something relevant to me!!!!!!!

Big Island checking in.
There are no “camps” like your thinking. We aren’t FEMA and there are no plastic coffins.

They have designated COVID hotels that you quarantine in. It sounds like they offered him a second option, book a hotel in a nicer location/hotel.

We handled COVID poorly and didn’t shut inner island travel down until it was too late. We opened it back up WHILE Maui has like 100 cases a day or some ridiculous number. We only locked down for the first 2 weeks and after that everyone acted like it was business as usual.

COVID hasn’t impacted my life at all with the exception of movie theaters being closed and a 2 week curfew.

Everything else has been open the entire time, no one stopped working. I’m essential so literally nothing changed for me minus having to wear a mask.

Aloha!

And I think thats most of ours issue........

Why all this bs when we know yall opened up and done this and that, but yet its REALLY still not as bad as everyone is making out.

At this point people would have to be complete paranoid idiots to believe this thing is as big as a threat as they are making it.

I honestly dont see the need for the "quarantine hotels" either...

They wouldnt need to convince everyone DAY IN AND DAY OUT FOR A YEAR, that this thing is the worst thats ever happened to us.........if it actually was......

Theres that old saying "if a man has to repeatedly convince you that hes something, hes probably not"

Well.............here we are

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Here is the direct link to the online messages. Still waiting for week 5 to come up. The part where he talks will be after the worship.

generationscc.com...

I still do not understand why the pastor was required to stay in his room for 240 hours? He tested negative. One thing this has taught me, I am not traveling anywhere they have these COVID hotels / camps. My mom and dad both had COVID and neither one missed a beat. I just dont see it being as bad as they advertise. I told my wife, if it wasnt for the news and you just used your own eyes would you even notice a difference?

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   
OK the video is up. Fast forward to 40 minutes. Of course the first 40 minutes are great as well if you want to worship but the COVID news is at 40 min mark.

I noticed no mention of the COVID camps but we were told in the building they had a choice and the hotel was paid for.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 11-5-2021 by MPoling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
The state of Hawaii as a whole. The royal we. The proverbial we.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join