It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are phones contributing to people falling for hoaxes?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
People are falling for pretty much any hoax reported on liberal social media and liberal USA media. There's zero critical thinking, zero fact checking effort, and zero accountability by said media who will run a false story for weeks and then publish a small retraction that nobody reads.

I'm seeing a lot of the same thing with conservatives, especially in regards to Covid and the elections. And I don't think that they're getting it from the liberal media. I think that a lack of critical thinking is a national problem that's not limited to one side or the other of the political spectrum.

What I'm postulating here is that small screens make it worse because it's harder to tell when a picture or a video is fake on a small screen.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Remember the thread about Biden rationing meat? That was a completely made up lie, yet there’s a giant thread filled with angry people who don’t even attempt to question the story. As long as they’re being entertained and outraged, they don’t care if what they’re being told is a lie.

There was one a year or so back like that where people thought that California was going to tell you that you could shower or do your laundry, but not both.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
I think that a lack of critical thinking is a national problem that's not limited to one side or the other of the political spectrum.

Half the people in the country have the intelligence of a zucchini so you get a good amount of stupid on both sides. Some of it is lack of education and some of it is lack of critical thinking/following a narrative but at the end they are just plain dumb.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Themaskedbeast

I disagree you ever had a really bad chest cold or maybe pneumonia? Those loogies are thick and they aren't gonna break up in water.

Hillary had a bad cold for a while and didnt want to swallow the nasty thing and spit in in the glass.

The gloop moved like slime in air, not slime in water, and that color? The human body doesn't produce anything that vivid.

Why else would she put the glass to her lips and not tilt it back to drink the water?

A) The video was manipulated. In real life she probably did tilt it back and drink it, but the person manipulating the video cut that bit out.

B) She's a lady at a political event, not a rodie at a bar. She would sip the water not knock it back.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Simple answer.

Most definitely.

Sometimes i get about 3 attempts of fraudulent phone calls in the one afternoon, and all form different phone numbers.

Going along the lines of "This is the Serious Crimes Squad, your national insurance numbers has been used in a serious crime, press one to talk to a detective and stop a warrant being issued for your arrest".

Never daft enough to have pressed one but i imagine if you do that about £500 phone bill is in the post. LoL
edit on 11-5-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Go back to the first page zoom in on the video posted by network dude it is clearly a cough drop she spits into the glass.

The video is not manipulated she spits out a cough drop.

Stop being part of the problem this thread is about and go look at the video.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join