It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Canadian Pastor has a Big Cat

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I don't kill my friends

Two words - Timothy Treadwell

They will however kill you without a second thought beyond what's for dinner.

For us to coexist with the animals in the wild, game management is a must. For instance harvesting deer, moose, elk and other animals for food actually increase the numbers in the wild when properly managed. Nature is a cruel bitch and unmanaged herds can see plenty of death and suffering on the part of the animals if allowed to go unchecked. People opposed to hunting for food are in fact cruel.

When predators are allowed to reach numbers that are too large they decimate the herds of game animals. You protect one at the expense of the other. Groups like the Sierra Club via their lawsuits have killed more wildlife than hunters ever could.

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555
100% accurate..so tired of saying it to my Portland and Salem, Oregon friends...but they use walking poles (bait) and headphones in the mountains...

I should know better

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   
God's people keep 'trophies and idols' ?
No virtue in that.

besides, it looks like a young cub,
not a full grown cat. Shame on the so called 'pastor'

~
edit on 9/5/21 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 02:37 AM
link   

We created the unbalance. No we solve the problem killing more animals.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Extinctions were unheard of prior to man?

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Big cat meat is not typically eaten in Africa.

But , big cats eat human meat.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

If he is a pastor, maybe those things were given to him while in Africa doing missionary work?

Like him or not for having items in his home doesn't negate him standing up against a fascist government.

I would say this is the best answer .

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

There are some that believe dinosaurs were hunted to extinction by Reptilians
Does that count ?

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Nature is a cruel bitch and unmanaged herds can see plenty of death and suffering on the part of the animals if allowed to go unchecked.

Disease and starvation.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Mother Earth doesn't need help from us.

I'm half Amazon Rainforest Native. My soul is linked to wilderness until I die.

The forest is my church, animals and plants preachers.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

There are some that believe dinosaurs were hunted to extinction by Reptilians
Does that count ?

If they ate them, it's justified.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   
People are aware in this thread that its more about the Ivory tusks on the shelf than the big cat right?

The Ivory is a major issue here.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
People are aware in this thread that its more about the Ivory tusks on the shelf than the big cat right?

It seems like his words are more important than his actions.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Mother Nature doesnt need saving by you, either, then.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

We created the unbalance. No we solve the problem killing more animals.

You don't appear to understand. I'll give you a real-world example.

Before moving to Alaska a little over twenty years ago I lived in Idaho. We had a particularly dry summer in the mid-1990s and a harsh winter was projected. The deer herds were more than double the size they should have been. Due to a lawsuit by a local organization that took its marching orders from the Sierra Club, Fish and Game were not allowed to increase the number of deer tags to fend off winter kill.

The harsh winter came about and 90% of the deer died and those that remained were sickly and it took years for the herds to recover. If the Sierra Club had not intervened and blocked the hunt to thin the herds, it was estimated that over two-thirds of the deer could have survived and left us with healthy herds. The activists were directly responsible for nearly wiping out the mule deer herds that winter. Had they stayed out of it and let Fish and Game do its job, one they are very good at, by the way, a lot of freezers could have also been filled with meat. Instead, the carcasses rotted with the spring melt.

Another example is Yellowstone Park and the bison herd there, where overprotection of them has directly impacted the elk herds in a very bad way. I grew up around there and I've watched Yellowstone go from a place where you could drive through at any time and see the herds of elk native to there in large numbers, to a place where seeing them is rare. The bison were originally seasonal visitors and to keep all wildlife healthy, they used to have government hunters who would thin the bison herd, and they would sell the meat so nothing went to waste. Step in the activists and lawsuits and now the bison numbers are way too large and since they are trapped there year-round now, there is no longer enough feed for the elk that are disappearing. Once again activists who know squat are killing off game animals needlessly.

There are so many examples of where activists did more harm than good, it's hard to know where to start.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
100% accurate..so tired of saying it to my Portland and Salem, Oregon friends...but they use walking poles (bait) and headphones in the mountains...

I should know better

I don't think there is much risk there in that area. Mostly black bears I'd think. Still, they get near a momma and her cubs, it can be deadly. Put bells on those walking sticks and the bears will make way. Black bears prefer to steer clear of people. It's more dangerous to walk into a moose if they are not paying attention.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   
If Karen only knew...
The pastor wears hand-crafted leather Oxford shoes, eats chicken and cows... keeps a jug of milk in the frig.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Blue Jacket, I think, was talking about mountain lions. I have some experience with mountain lions having grown up in the Lesser 48 where they are plentiful. Honestly they are a bigger worry than even moose or bears in my mind. Cats will actively hunt a human being purely for entertainment purposes. They also are an ambush predator, which is something we really don't have up here in AK (although there is a modest population of cats down on the Kenai... they are rare enough to not be a major concern down there.)

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

It seems like his words are more important than his actions.

You make a valid point Trueman! In my opinion the pastor is wrong for displaying animal trophys in his surrounding. That symbol alone is sign that doesn't send the right message to the people.

However, his now famous fight and resistance against the unjust intervention of the canadian police is enough for me to support the guy, regardless of the inappropriate symbols displayed around him. If I'd put a number comparing the two it'd be 100 to 10 in favor of his great bravery shown vs his personal attitude to hunting animals.

Don't let his hunting position deter you from supporting the guy and his heroic acts in the process. Let's look at him as the sum of his actions. To add, he just recently got dragged in the highway from the brutal canadian police. I hope is out of jail now!

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Like I said before. Hunting is not bad if you will eat the animal.

If you need to kill more than you can eat, you must share with those who can eat them.

Here in NJ, people kill bears to control their population. Nobody knows what happens with so many killed bears. Never saw a hunter offering bear meat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join