It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China emitted more greenhouse gases in 2019 than all of the world's other developed nations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

China has gotten a free pass for a long time on its pollution output, in my opinion.

News articles slam other nations for their pollution they create.... yet pretty much give China a free pass, or else they smooth it over with other "excuses".

China emitted more greenhouse gases in 2019 than all of the world's other developed nations put together

China released a greater volume of greenhouse gases into Earth's atmosphere in 2019 than all of the world's developed nations put together, a study has found.

The eastern superpower has tripled its emission levels since the 1990s, crossing the 14 gigatons threshold for the first time ever in 2019.

Emission estimates for 190 nations across the globe were calculated by experts from research firm Rhodium Group in tandem with Breakthrough Energy.

Even this article smooths it over for China..

While China's figures may look disproportionate, they must also be regarded in relation to the fact that the vast country is home to a sizeable population estimated at more than 1.4 billion people.

When considered on a per capita basis, China's emissions have long been significantly lower than that of the developed nations and, despite tripling over the last two decades to around 10.1 tons, they remain under the OECD average.

Per capita, the worst offender for greenhouse gas emissions is the United States, coming in at the significantly higher value of 17.6 tons per head.

Even my adopted and beloved Australia has been slammed in this same news source before for its "high" pollution outputs...

Definitely a political agenda being pushed in some countries...

Oz is a great big country with a very tiny population, so our "per capita" output is high compared to other nations.

Oz produces less than 1% of the worlds pollution....yet the articles that slammed Oz for its pollution conveniently consistently fail to mention the "per capita" factor...

This article gives China the "OK" for its pollution basically.

Money, power, politics, etc play too heavily in how the news is covered...

They sometimes have article on how polluted our beaches are here in Oz... with plastic, etc.
Those same news articles fail to mention that the vast majority of that trash floats in from other countries who fail to control their rubbish properly.

I know Oz isn't totally innocent, but we DO get bashed a bit too much on some things..

Will we see Greta foaming at the mouth about China now?????

Don't hold your breath and wait for it, you will probably pass out.

Pravdaseeker

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker
Lol
Won't much matter what the rest of the world does when china and india crap on every one.
Kung flu....check
Climate change deniers...check
Rockets falling out of the sky with no regard for social justice.....check

Seems they are the real opponents not the bad orange man

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Hey there shooterbrody,

Agreed mate...

Here is an article that is a bit more realistic in what is going on..

Communist China: World's Biggest Climate Polluter Keeps Polluting

At a time when China is so obviously saying one thing and doing another, and clearly not fulfilling its share of the world's commitments to reducing CO2 emissions -- as the world's second-largest economy should -- increasing America's climate pledges sends all the wrong signals. What China and others see is that no matter what it does -- even if it deceives the world and continues its predatory behavior -- the US is willing to reduce its own competitiveness, leaving China a thick red carpet to become the world's dominant superpower, the very role to which it aspires.Communist China, in 2020, built over three times as much new coal power capacity as all other countries in the world combined -- the equivalent of more than one large coal plant per week, according to a report released in April by Global Energy Monitor.

Also in 2020, China's CO2 emissions rose by 1.5% while those of most other countries fell. Although, in 2020, the world retreated from coal, these retirements were eclipsed by China's new coal plants.

Even before China built those new plants, it was already the world's biggest emitter of fossil fuel carbon dioxide (CO2): In 2019, China was responsible for almost 30% of CO2 emissions -- roughly twice the amount emitted by the US, then the second largest emitter. China, the planet's primary coal consumer, already has the largest concentration of coal plants globally; in 2020, it produced 3.84 billion tons of coal, its highest output since 2015. In addition, China, in 2020, imported 304 million tons of coal, up 4 million tons from 2019.

The hypocrisy is a bit over the top..

Pravdaseeker

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The rest of the world should stop selling china coal.
Problem solved.

The rest of the world is trying.
China is a butthole.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   

So China is literally Private Pyle from Full Metal Jacket. The Gunnery Sgt Hartman character is the collective of overdramatic Ecowarrior politicians, and those of us in Western nations idiotically handcuffed by all the inane regulations, restrictions, and taxes our political fascist dictators have imposed on us in the name of Climate Change are the other soldiers in the squad being forced to do pushups while Pyle eats his jelly donut. "We're payin for it, you eat it."

Dunno who I am more sick and tired of at this point, the Chinese or the western politicians and their enablers who are forcing us to swallow these false narrative about the imaginary boogeyman of climate change.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
The rest of the world should stop selling china coal.
Problem solved.

The rest of the world is trying.
China is a butthole.

...or China recognizes the climate change crap is all horsecrap propaganda designed to control the first world and separate us from our earnings, in which case they're shred and doing exactly what the rest of us should be doing and going about their business as normal?

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   

China must have the world by the bawls. Kill with pollution, kill with Covid-19, and countries accept it.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 10:32 PM
link   

The per capita measurement seems like a disingenuous argument. Individuals are not responsible for the majority of carbon emissions, corporations are. But China has a larger number/ratio of rural citizens who burn wood and other fuels for heat. I'm sure those emissions are not being factored into the final count.

It also seems that an absolute value is the only number that actually matters.

Bottom line though, I don't consider Carbon Dioxide to be a pollutant anyway. It's plant fuel and the rise in CO2 has contributed to an overall "greening" of the planet, which is beneficial to us, organic CO2 emitters.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Most of the coal generation china has is without scrubbers or baghouses.
They are buttholes.
Coal can be used in ways that respect the environment, china chooses not to.

Even if the climate change agenda is made up, we can still be good stewards of the planet.
But imo we should not move further in the usa until the rest of the world catches up.
Sinking our economy for 1% gain is Idiotic.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Exactly. I reject the fundamental premise that CO2 is pollution. I would be inclined to take the climate change alarmists more seriously if they harped on methane instead of plant fuel.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ltdan08
Co2 as a "pollutant " was a barak hussain scheme based on BULLCRAP.
More of his using executive branch to push garbage that could not get passed by legislative means.
Weaponizing the irs, epa, fbi ect will be his legacy.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Co2 as a "pollutant " was a barak hussain scheme based on BULLCRAP.
More of his using executive branch to push garbage that could not get passed by legislative means.
Weaponizing the irs, epa, fbi ect will be his legacy.

China has until 2030 before they will cut back according to the Paris climate accord. 2030 will be their max pollution level allowed and will have to decrease from there. So oddly it's in their best interest to pollute a lot until 2030.

Now a funny note their pollution is so bad i read an article where they installed solar cells and due to smog only getting about half the energy they should from them. Another article I read was saying it was so bad the Chinese government edits pictures of places like Beijing before they release them they photoshop out the smog.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
Thanks for highlighting one of the issues with the garbage climate "accords".
Whats good for one and the planet should be good for all.
Either clean air is clean air, or its all bs.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Definitely a political agenda being pushed in some countries...

Only the ones with a greater ratio of ignorant ones willing to sacrifice all their freedoms for globalism.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Hello itdan08,

Thanks for your input here; and you do have some valid points!

I agree it isn't so much the individuals but corporations... BINGO!

It is like me and wife... when we get our water bill, we are consistently for 7 yrs running 25% usage compared to other households with 2 people...

We use rainwater for laundry, and toilets.... have a small water tank connected to the gutters.

Believe it or not I agree with you on the CO2 thing. Plants LOVE CO2!! They even pump extra CO2 into tomato hot houses to increase yields, and it works like a charm.

I am not using the per capita point as my main point, I used it because that is what all the MSM and green idiots use to promote their agenda's. And tried to illustrate the hypocrisy in their reporting...

On the hypocrisy, am probably preaching to the choir here at ATS...Ha!

Good on ya mate, be cool.

Pravdaseeker

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Thank you shooterbrody,

You pointed out an "in your face fact" that is ALSO never reported!!!

Yep, no pollution equipment like scrubbers, precipitators, or bag houses, right you are mate.

Mexico was the same way, not sure about nowadays.

They used to regulate the heck out of USA electricity generators, and right across the border the stacks were belching lots of smoke and particulates...

Electricity generation was my career field for almost 50 years....

The Texas freeze out tragedy was due in large part to "green mandates"...

They had coal fired assets, and had enough warning of a cold front coming, that they could have some coal fired power up and running prior to big deep freeze, but they were NOT allowed to start them up!

Pravdaseeker

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Howdy gothmog,

Good point mate!

Sadly, there are places where the government leaders disregard the wishes and concerns of the large majority.

The leaders, regardless of political affiliation are bought and paid for long before they get into the leadership positions.
Otherwise they wouldn't BE in those positions in the first place, most leaders get "groomed" from way back, there is even some stupid trend on family lineage as some sort of qualifier for running for a leadership role.

Chelsea Clinton for one sick example, God help us!

And before someone comes back with, "Just vote the bad eggs out of office"... ummmm

The recent 2020 election in the USA shows how much that argument is worth! Not quite as much as a hill of horse shyte. Ha!

Because of this nasty trend, the world once again is close to major revolts and warfare on many fronts.

Human nature is so predictable.

I used to wonder how in the heck did people let Hitler come into power, or Stalin, etc...

And by observing modern mankind, I see just how horribly SIMPLE it is!

Pravdaseeker

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I am in a similar field.
The lies pushed are quite vile.

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The amount of man made co2 would be equivalent to an ant farting in my 3 car garage.

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

China must have the world by the bawls. Kill with pollution, kill with Covid-19, and countries accept it.

They aren't just accepting it.
They're doing all they can to assist!

ETA. It appears that some of our alleged "leaders" are devoid of any bawls at all.
edit on 952021 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join