It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potential to see man-made aurora within next hour

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Well, we can take a couple days off now for this thread. πŸ˜₯

In the mean time, enjoy this in the background. 😊

Or this😊
till friday.πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸš€πŸš€

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Friday

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

Friday

Edit: as of 1:53pm Thursday est your time and mineπŸš€πŸ™ŒπŸ»

Nope, moved to Saturday nowπŸ˜πŸ‘πŸΌ

edit on 13-5-2021 by Bigburgh because: Tacos and Monster drinks make an awesome Area 51 Raid SnackπŸ‘½πŸ‘½πŸ‘½πŸ‘½

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   

that would have been really cool if i guessed right. but at least the weather is clear up-here now and ill get a good look it seems.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   

that would have been really cool if i guessed right. but at least the weather is clear up-here now and ill get a good look it seems.

As cliche as it is, they don't say patience is a virtue for nothing. I'm holding out hope for a cool view from up/over here in MI when they're able to launch.
Eventually...

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

As cliche as it is, they don't say patience is a virtue for nothing. I'm holding out hope for a cool view from up/over here in MI when they're able to launch.
Eventually...

NamastΓ©

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Thanks for the update,brother.

My daughter wants to grab video of it.

Waiting...patiently.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyeddie68

So far🀞Saturday, May 15, with the window opening at 8:10pm est is Still on for the moment.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Well, I came here to see what the odds were that it was going to happen tonight. I see now that the chances for tonight are 0.

ETA: So if tonight's launch was cancelled yesterday afternoon, then I wonder if they did find some damage during their inspection, after Wednesdays mishap, that needed to be repaired....
edit on 5/14/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Not sure if it was damaged, but it sounds like it. I keep checking the nasa link that Nyiah provided..
www.nasa.gov...

And the Wallops Twitter page which is the same info.😊

Edit: nasa hasn't stated anything of the extent of damage. Only that it made contact with a launcher support...
edit on 14-5-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Not sure if it was damaged, but it sounds like it. I keep checking the nasa link that Nyiah provided..
www.nasa.gov...

And the Wallops Twitter page which is the same info.😊

Edit: nasa hasn't stated anything of the extent of damage. Only that it made contact with a launcher support...

I hate to say it, but I'm kind of glad it's postponed til tomorrow -- I got caught up moseying around doiing yard work and just came in a while ago. if it'd launched, I'd have missed it from my own yardwork dawdling, lol

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Ok as of 20 mins ago... it's go???πŸ™„πŸ€”πŸ˜Š

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Ok
youtu.be...

Let's make this.... 6! Attempt 6.

Ok they don't make a round 6 effect... soooo.
youtu.be...

edit on 15-5-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   

youtu.be...

3 mins...🀞

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Ok, last chance tomorrow, if that gets scrubbed.... then we wait till later this year.

Also....

Look at what one of the mods wrote in the comments about Thrust Vectoring.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Scrubbed? Shocking....

I wonder why tomorrow (May 16) is the last night they can do it. I tried looking it up, but couldn't find anything about a reason why they can't keep trying.

Just for the hell of it, here's a pic of a rocket launch from NASA's Wallops Island, Virginia, facility in 2013

A rocket launches from NASA's Wallops Island, Virginia, facility in 2013. It is seen here in a long exposure from Cape May, New Jersey.

www.nj.com...

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 10:27 PM
link   

First! Great picture!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΎ

Second! I read about the mission, but it did not say why. Even on their social media accounts.

posted on May, 15 2021 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Well, I kinda figured -- it clouded up and rained this afternoon. Still sprinkling off and on, too. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised the launch was delayed again if this was my viewing luck? lol

As for why tomorrow would be the last available day for a while, I presume it has to do with launchpad use scheduling -- they're not the only team of geeks waiting to send something up, I'm sure of it. I imagine this is akin to renting telescope time from one of the terrestrial arrays. Those also have waiting lists for use. Looong ones sometimes.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Last Chance.

The Why:

Tonight is the last attempt for this launch time frame. The moon will begin to be too high above the horizon at sunset, so it will be too bright to be able to see vapor tracers in the sky. If we don't launch, we will evaluate another launch time for later in the year.

The Place/Link:
youtu.be...

Either way, this thread will end with maybe a couple of cool pics and vids. Or Nyiah will start a new thread next time, with a link to this thread....

Edit: Oh, before I forget.

edit on 16-5-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It's reasonably clear here tonight after yesterday's/overnight's rain, so here's to hoping there's finally liftoff tonight

Unless it's a bust anyway, and we have to wait for however many months for the next round

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join