It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potential to see man-made aurora within next hour

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   
But it depends on where you are. And yes, I know the thread title doesn't match the article one, but I just caught this not too long ago myself and wanted to make sure it caught the attention of anyone interested before time's up :p

NASA Wallops May 8 Rocket Launch Visible in Eastern United States

A mission to explore energy transport in space using a NASA suborbital sounding rocket launching May 8, 2021, from NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia may provide a brief light show for residents of the eastern United States and Bermuda.

The mission is scheduled for no earlier than 8:02 p.m. EDT with a 40-minute launch window, Saturday, May 8. Backup launch days run through May 16. The launch may be visible, weather permitting, in much of the eastern United States from the Atlantic coast to the Mississippi River.

A four-stage Black Brant XII rocket will be used for the mission that includes the release of barium vapor that will form two green-violet clouds that may be visible for about 30 seconds. The barium vapor is not harmful to the environment or public health

www.nasa.gov...

Check the bullseye image in the article (clickable big-ass pic) to see if you might be able to see it, too.

Oh, and their live feed will be here:

video.ibm.com...

My butt will be outside, for sure

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I'll add this here too.

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

Hope it's clear

UPDATE – NASA is postponing the launch of the KiNET-X sounding rocket from its Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia due to weather. The launch was originally scheduled for Friday evening, but it has been pushed back to no earlier than Saturday, May 8 at 8:02 p.m.

Current cloud cover conditions.

edit on 8-5-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   
NASA's Black Brant XII Rocket Launch LIVE | NASA Wallops Launch | NASA's Artificial Aurora

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
NASA's Black Brant XII Rocket Launch LIVE | NASA Wallops Launch | NASA's Artificial Aurora

Came to post just that

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   
If someone could snap some pics, I'd love to see them

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Sky is clear!
LIGHT THIS CANDLE!🙌🙌🙌

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   
SCRUBBED 8:03 PM THE 9TH ARRRRRRGGHHHHH..

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Yep, heard that. I did not know what this mission is about till I listened to...
Solar Flare, Big Eruption, Preview the End of the World | S0 News May.8.2021

Skip to 2:35.

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Well, hopefully that leads to a clearer view for one of us. As I was sitting outside with my phone checking for any launch indications, it clouded right up on me. Guess I'm not meant to watch for the rocket pass (think it'll make one later tonight) either....

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   

The flipping Death Star could come in and explode and I would miss it due to clouds...just like every lunar eclipse, meteor shower, rare conjunctures...or even just a sunny day every 5-10 days in the winter.
edit on 8-5-2021 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

Yep, heard that. I did not know what this mission is about till I listened to...
Solar Flare, Big Eruption, Preview the End of the World | S0 News May.8.2021

Skip to 2:35.

Thanks

Now that's interesting🙄

posted on May, 8 2021 @ 11:13 PM
link   
postponed

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

not for long tho...

UPDATE 5/8: The launch of the Black Brant XII sounding rocket carrying the KiNET-X payload has been postponed to no earlier than 8:03 p.m., Sunday, May 9. The launch has been postponed due to upper level winds not being within the required limits for a safe launch. The launch window for Sunday runs until 8:43 p.m.

NASA Wallop info

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hopefully I get to see it tonight. CAVU weather here. I'm just in the line of sight for the vapor aurora. They're saying, as I looked it up, the upper level winds are still a little higher than they would like... but launch is still looking like a possibility. Launch window opens up in about 15 minutes.

Let's have 'em light this candle!

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Round Two starts in a bit over 11 minutes, and here in MI, we have better skies than yesterday! Broken, scattered clouds instead of high cirrus clouds & a thick deck right behind it, boo. Wouldn't have been able to see that last night either way.
edit on 5/9/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If it's ok, here's a live link.

Raining here, but others may get lucky.

Edit link for backup.

edit on 9-5-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The IBM video feed link in the OP is LIVE!

I'll be tuning right in to that

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   

No problem, BIggie, I'm on my phone outside, so searching around for feeds is rather cumbersome at best for me.

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Lol.. well i posted 3 lives and your link is good it looks too. Good luck, it's raining here.👍🏻😀

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   

scrubbed due to wind

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join