It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning! This thread may be used against you on the day of judgement!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATruGod
All seems pretty pointless, lets see...

Created Me to save Me as long as I believe in "Him" because "He" gave Me free will and I should know better

You've somehow determined the Male/Masculine is dominant when the Female is literally the Bearers of life

You have the arrogance of Your "God" to believe Your Post would have any weight on this so called day of judgement

Your God is a petty little arrogant clown if indeed "He" exists.

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Charles Darwin was not a Mason. Unless you happen to have a Lodge number the rest of the world doesn't.

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I have pictures.

PS Enjoy the thread and the witness in the thread I just posted!

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I have pictures.

Sure.

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I have multiple sclerosis. My immune system thinks the protective sheathes around the nerves in my brain and spine are a threat and attacks them. This results in scar tissue called "lesions".

The lesions disrupt the nerve pathways and create various neurological and physical challenges.

Do me a favour please and ask god what the aim of that day in the lab was? Surely he could have patched it out by now.

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: IncessantOptimist

The problem with that is that I have Gods (plural) and my belief system predates Christianity by tens of thousands of years.

Hmm, what does that remind me of... ah, now I remember:

The Apologists—Christian Defenders or Would-Be Philosophers?

“Christianity” Becomes a Philosophy

The philosopher Celsus mockingly described Christians as “labourers, shoemakers, farmers, the most uninformed and clownish of men.” This mockery was too much for the apologists to bear. They determined to win over public opinion by resorting to a new tactic. Once rejected, worldly wisdom was now used in the service of the “Christian” cause. Clement of Alexandria, for example, saw philosophy as “true theology.” Justin, though claiming to reject pagan philosophy, was the first to use philosophical language and concepts to express “Christian” ideas, considering this type of philosophy “to be safe and profitable.”

From this point on, the strategy was, not to oppose philosophy, but to make supposed Christian thought a philosophy higher than that of the pagans. “On some points we teach the same things as the poets and philosophers whom you honour, and on other points are fuller and more divine in our teaching,” wrote Justin. Adorned with its new philosophical finery, “Christian” thought now claimed the dignity of old age. The apologists pointed out that Christian books were far older than those of the Greeks and that the prophets of the Bible lived earlier than Greek philosophers. Certain apologists even concluded that the philosophers copied from the prophets. Plato was made out to be a disciple of Moses!

Christianity Distorted

This new strategy led to a mixture of Christianity and pagan philosophy. Comparisons were made between Greek gods and Bible characters. Jesus was compared to Perseus; and Mary’s conception to that of Perseus’ mother, Danaë, who was said to be also a virgin.

Certain teachings were greatly modified. For example, in the Bible, Jesus is called “the Logos,” meaning God’s “Word,” or Spokesman. (John 1:1-3, 14-18; Revelation 19:11-13) Very early on, this teaching was distorted by Justin, who like a philosopher played on the two possible meanings of the Greek word logos: “word” and “reason.” Christians, he said, received the word in the person of Christ himself. However, logos in the sense of reason is found in every man, including pagans. Thus, he concluded, those who live in harmony with reason are Christians, even those who claimed or were thought to be atheists, like Socrates and others.

Moreover, by forcing the tie between Jesus and the logos of Greek philosophy, which was closely linked with the person of God, the apologists, including Tertullian, embarked on a course that eventually led Christianity to the Trinity dogma.*

[*: For further information on Tertullian’s beliefs, see The Paradox of Tertullian]

Some synonyms for "paradox" from thesaurus.com (from the orange section, the red section are the "most relevant"):

error
mistake
nonsense

"contradiction" is listed several times on that page as well, and should probably be considered as the most relevant synonym.

1 Timothy 6:20, 21:

Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you, turning away from the empty speeches that violate what is holy and from the contradictions of the falsely called “knowledge.”* [Latin: scientia; KJV: “science”; Greek: gnoʹsis] By making a show of such knowledge, some have deviated from the faith.

May the undeserved kindness be with you.

(The Latin word scientia and the Greek gnoʹsis is “knowledge” in English. The English word “science” comes from the Latin scientia, it is also still a synonym for “knowledge”.)

Knowledge (gnoʹsis) is put in a very favorable light in the Christian Greek Scriptures. However, not all that men may call “knowledge” is to be sought, because philosophies and views exist that are “falsely called ‘knowledge.’” (1Ti 6:20)

Source: Knowledge (Insight on the Scriptures)
edit on 10-5-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

Context (playlist)
edit on 10-5-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I'm pretty sure Muslims, Jews and Christians all believe in the same God, the God of Abraham, who created Adam and Eve. They all rely on the same Old Testament books.

You are wrong, wrong wrong. Muslims, Jews and Christians do not all believe in the same God. No, they do not rely on the same literature and never have had any thing in common. Where in the world have you been? It is true that all three religions have claimed some familiarity at various times but nothing to be in agreement as to the Word of God.
edit on 12-5-2021 by Seede because: correct spelling

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
No, they do not rely on the same literature...

Wait. Are you trying to tell everyone that the Christian Bible's Old Testament isn't based Jewish texts? LOL.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

I’m a believer but the curious in me thinks about this quite often. I always come back to the thought of efficiency. If you are such an advanced race why would you create humans? We are very inefficient energy consuming device. Look at our wars and horrible history as a race that comes just because we fight for resources. An advanced race by its very definition I can’t just assume wouldn’t be backward looking.

To quell your misunderstanding is to realize that God did not create you. God had no hand in any one of us being the way are today. This race which came from procreation of Adam was not created by God. Mom and dad did their desire and we were the result of that decision. Now that does not mean to say that God did not know what mom and dad were up to and gave them the freedom to do as they wanted to do.

But to blame God for diseases, deformities and other such malady's is simply not true. God does intervene at times for both good and bad to teach but not to control. You are your own boss not God.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Does anyone know how long I have to wait for an answer after I talk to the sky spirits?

Still haven't been answered, in case anyone is wondering. Not my fault, I gave it an honest try.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Wait. Are you trying to tell everyone that the Christian Bible's Old Testament isn't based Jewish texts? LOL.

The Sumaritan Hebrew literature is the glue that holds the Judaic religion together but it is of their ownership. In other words it is their covenant with their God and no other peoples covenant. It belongs to them and we borrowed it from them. We have no other claim than that.

The first century Christians under James [brother of Jesus] did not have the old or new testaments. They were under the covenant of the Christ Jesus which is altogether different than Rabbinic Judaism of today as well as Temple authority before 70 AD..

Now the Old Testament part of most Christian bibles came from the Samaritan Tribes [Hebrew] and through many years of law morphed into the Judaic Covenant of Jacob [Israel]. But if you were in Ethiopia, the Christian bible New Testament would have 31 books and the old testament would have 46 books. Why did I say that? I said that because the Ethiopian bible is the oldest known Christian bible to have ever existed. Nevertheless it does not change covenants.

My point being ------
Regardless of who put the literature into a book does not change ownership. A Jew cannot buy a Christian bible and claim it as his/her covenant. A Christian cannot buy a Hebrew bible and do likewise. It simply does not fit. When you read the Christian NT you are actually gradually being led from Rabbinic Judaism into the doctrine of the Christ Jesus just the same as the Apostles of the Christ Jesus experienced, but after you have finished the read, you are still in the covenant of only one party and not both parties. This means that you can reference one book with the other book but not embrace both as the true complete source. There are Christian Jews [Messianic Jews] who are under the covenant of Jesus that accept only the book of Mathew but still use the other books as reference. lol

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Simple, where did the Old Testament come from? Was it A) the Jews or B) not the Jews?

Pretty simple answer.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 11:30 PM
link   

You are wrong, wrong wrong. Muslims, Jews and Christians do not all believe in the same God.

LOL
Catholics, Baptists, Mormons and Jehovah's Witlessness can't agree the nature of God. But, they all refer back to the God that created Adam and Eve, the God of Noah and the God of Abraham.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Simple, where did the Old Testament come from? Was it A) the Jews or B) not the Jews? Pretty simple answer.

My answer is [B] Not the Jews.

Abraham Was Not A Jew, And Neither Was Jacob

Contrary to what many Bible teachers teach and most Christians misunderstood, Abraham was a Hebrew but not a Jew. Jacob was Israel and a Hebrew but not a Jew. Abraham or Abram (his birth name) was called a Hebrew for he was a Hebrew (Genesis 14:13).
Who are the Hebrews? Abram was a Hebrew because he came from the lineage of Heber (or Eber), whose name when translated to English means “the region beyond” or as Joshua noted, “the other side” (Joshua 24:2).

Therefore, all descendants of Heber are called Hebrews including Abraham, Lot, and his descendants: the Ammonites and the Moabites. Ishmael, whom most of the Muslims claim as their forefather was also a Hebrew. Midian and his children the Midianites, even Esau, and his offsprings the Edomites, they were all Hebrews. Jacob, all Israel, the twelve tribes which include Judah and his children, the Jews. They are all Hebrews.

Jews are the descendants of Judah from where the term “Jew” originated. Its root word in Hebrew is “Yahudeen” or as most of the Jews pronounce it “Yahudim” meaning “of Judah” or “from the line of Judah”. The term “Jew” in the bible is first mentioned in 2 Kings 16:6 after the kingdom of Israel was divided into two kingdoms: the Kingdom of Israel (the Northern Kingdom) which consisted of the ten tribes of original Israel and the Kingdom of Judah (the Southern Kingdom) which consisted of the two tribes, Judah and Benjamin. The Scriptures also referred to these kingdoms as the house of Israel and the house of Judah, (read Jeremiah 31:31–34).

Divided Kingdom, Two Houses
The House of Israel in the North was an alliance of the ten tribes from original Israel while the House of Judah which was the Southern Kingdom consisted of the two tribes of Judah and Benjamin.

Simple, where did the Old Testament come from? Was it A) the Jews or B) not the Jews? Pretty simple answer.

My answer is [B] Not the Jews.

Contrary to what many Bible teachers teach and most Christians misunderstood, Abraham was a Hebrew but not a Jew. Jacob was Israel and a Hebrew but not a Jew. Abraham or Abram (his birth name) was called a Hebrew for he was a Hebrew (Genesis 14:13).
Who are the Hebrews? Abram was a Hebrew because he came from the lineage of Heber (or Eber), whose name when translated to English means “the region beyond” or as Joshua noted, “the other side” (Joshua 24:2).

Therefore, all descendants of Heber are called Hebrews including Abraham, Lot, and his descendants: the Ammonites and the Moabites. Ishmael, whom most of the Muslims claim as their forefather was also a Hebrew. Midian and his children the Midianites, even Esau, and his offsprings the Edomites, they were all Hebrews. Jacob, all Israel, the twelve tribes which include Judah and his children, the Jews. They are all Hebrews.

Jews are the descendants of Judah from where the term “Jew” originated. Its root word in Hebrew is “Yahudeen” or as most of the Jews pronounce it “Yahudim” meaning “of Judah” or “from the line of Judah”. The term “Jew” in the bible is first mentioned in 2 Kings 16:6 after the kingdom of Israel was divided into two kingdoms: the Kingdom of Israel (the Northern Kingdom) which consisted of the ten tribes of original Israel and the Kingdom of Judah (the Southern Kingdom) which consisted of the two tribes, Judah and Benjamin. The Scriptures also referred to these kingdoms as the house of Israel and the house of Judah, (read Jeremiah 31:31–34).

Divided Kingdom, Two Houses
The House of Israel in the North was an alliance of the ten tribes from original Israel while the House of Judah which was the Southern Kingdom consisted of the two tribes of Judah and Benjamin.

medium.com...

edit on 13-5-2021 by Seede because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2021 by Seede because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

Contrary to what many Bible teachers teach and most Christians misunderstood, Abraham was a Hebrew but not a Jew.

Looks like someone is playing semantics.

Have fun with that.

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   

The Old Testament doesn't come from Abraham. Abraham didn't write #. The first 5 books of the Bible were given to us, supposedly, by Moses, who was a Hebrew/Jew. Those 5 books establish what Judaism is and why it is what it is.

Muslims claim their heritage from Abraham and Hagar, and their offspring, Ishmael.

ETA: Abraham was the first Jew.
edit on 13-5-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Did not mean to look as though I was a wise guy but program is all screwed up on this end.

I have tried to explain this numerous times to many people. Torah came by the way of the Hebrews and not the Jews. Jacob was called Israel but was not a Jew. Moses was not from the tribe of Judah and was not a Jew. Torah was gathered from all 12 tribes by Moses and the Jews had nothing to do with writing Torah.

The Samaritan Hebrews wrote and gathered Torah which was the beginning of the Hebrew bible. When you read the OT be sure to note who is being addressed. The house of Judah is not the house of Israel. It is only a portion of the house of Israel. lol

posted on May, 13 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I already said you're playing semantics. I'm not interested.

posted on May, 14 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The Old Testament doesn't come from Abraham. Abraham didn't write #. The first 5 books of the Bible were given to us, supposedly, by Moses, who was a Hebrew/Jew. Those 5 books establish what Judaism is and why it is what it is. Muslims claim their heritage from Abraham and Hagar, and their offspring, Ishmael. ETA: Abraham was the first Jew.

Abraham did write. He wrote Chizayon Avraham [The Apocalypse Of Abraham]--

Abraham was not a Jew. Jews did not exist in the days of Abraham. Moses was not a Judean [Jew]
Moses was from the tribe of Levites and was not from the tribe of Judah.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join