It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Chinese Rocket Is Wildly Careening Toward Earth This Weekend

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I can't help but think that they are doing this on purpose as a distraction. Man the firewalls and be vigilant people.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: gortex

I love the comment from the Sec. of Defense

Hopefully in the ocean, or someplace like that.”

Someplace like that?? Some place like an ocean? What would that be I wonder, maybe a very very large lake somewhere?

Utah. Nevada. Lots of big mountains where few people live.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

It started to go down faster, about 1 mile per minute. Its altitude is just 100 miles right now.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Thank You!!

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The atmosphere must be dencer at a higher level than expected or there is more drag as it tumbles.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This live tracking seems better. It has a countdown. Nice dramatic doom music too.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Am I the only one here who remembers the reentry of Skylab in '79?

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
The atmosphere must be dencer at a higher level than expected or there is more drag as it tumbles.

No idea brother but I know it has an elliptic orbit. I think that means it gains altitude in some moments.
edit on 7-5-2021 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese
Am I the only one here who remembers the reentry of Skylab in '79?

I remember that too.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

“We have the capability to do a lot of things, but we don’t have a plan to shoot it down as we speak,” U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin told reporters on Thursday.....

Surely they've got some sort of new advanced high tech weaponry they would love to test out on shooting this thing down. Whether it be the U.S., or China, or whoever, there's gotta be some people who would love to play with their new toys, but they can't/won't because it's still a secret. (sshhhh!)

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Well, generally, the space community is supposed to tell everyone else what they are doing. This, to prevent simple stuff like...NUCLEAR WARS!

You don't just launch stuff up into orbit, or sort-of orbit, unless you tell other governments what you're doing, what your plan is and how you intend to de-obit stuff.........but China does!

Why? Because they don't give a crap what anyone thinks, and they'll throw their trash anywhere on the planet, just because they feel like it!

Mad yet???

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Well, generally, the space community is supposed to tell everyone else what they are doing. This, to prevent simple stuff like...NUCLEAR WARS!

You don't just launch stuff up into orbit, or sort-of orbit, unless you tell other governments what you're doing, what your plan is and how you intend to de-obit stuff.........but China does!

Why? Because they don't give a crap what anyone thinks, and they'll throw their trash anywhere on the planet, just because they feel like it!

Mad yet???

100% with you my friend. How many times more we have to let them mess the whole planet.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Surely they've got some sort of new advanced high tech weaponry they would love to test out on shooting this thing down. ...

Sure do!! HOWEVER, that's some top-secret stuff. How it works, when it works and why it works (and from where it works) is one of the most closely guarded secrets in the military arsenal!

Trust me, they're not going to launch an anti-orbital missile at that booster. Why? Because it would reveal too much technology.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You don't just launch stuff up into orbit,

There not supposed to but that is what people are claiming china did.
I'm just saying how do we know what they really did?

I'll get mad if the junk doesn't fall safely into the ocean. Otherwise meh.

Don't be so scared all the time. This isn't going to cause a war.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Becoming the dominant political and cultural foundation of life as it expands out into the Solar System is a strong motivator than simply, "We want to study how bees fly in no gravity."

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
Who is up for calculating the probability? We might be able to turn it into a whale or a bowl of petunias that’s only thought as it plumits is “Ho no, not again.”

And you're going to need one hell of a large drink.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I'll get mad if the junk doesn't fall safely into the ocean. Otherwise meh.

The point is they not even care or say something. Regardless where it crash, they should offer assistance for the area that will be affected.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Should be front page world news.

Barely a blurb for over a week that jt has been known.

The circus never ends.

🤡

Yes, since it is REAL news the MSM isn't very interested.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: JinMI
Should be front page world news.

Barely a blurb for over a week that jt has been known.

The circus never ends.

🤡

Yes, since it is REAL news the MSM isn't very interested.

Mainly because we know who is responsible and they can't twist the story to blame someone else.
If that was possible they would've filled the news with doom and gloom.

I'm starting to wonder if we are actually living in a simulated reality.
Junk falling from space.
Possible discovery of fungus on Mars.
Virus pandemic worldwide.
Zombies on the streets protesting everything and anything.

Mix that lot up and it's almost a 70s sci-fi movie.
Or someone really messed up the programming of the AI running our current matrix life.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I just skimmed through the thread again to see if anyone mentioned an important fact.

There will be TEN MORE of these Long March 5B rockets launched by the end of this year in order to build their space station.

Ten more boosters will be doing the same thing this one is doing. The fact that they do not allow for controlled de-orbit into the Pacific Ocean borders on criminal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join