It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The pushback on Arizona audit is telling

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
You think that voters that don’t care about voting will take the time to check if someone else voted for them?

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
In AZ it’s like the Tax Man knocking on a door in Appalachia.

Majority of voters are Independent/Libertarian.

Then a large population of Native American & Latinos.

And there’s a lot of transplanted snowbirds. They’re probably the only ones who will open the door. If the trailer park gatekeeper lets them in.

Which has ZERO to do with your original blatantly false assertion that people were being asked who they voted for.

Deflect much?

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Annee

Reasonable... hmmm... I guess that could be subject to interpretation.

I do think it's reasonable to request verification or confirmation, but not to demand or mandate such cooperation after the fact. In other words, it is not only reasonable but justifiable to confirm/verify identity before voting... but not after. In theory and in practice, that should be sufficient.

Going to someone's home could be taken as intimidation, as in "We know where you sleep at night..." type thing. I'm open to alternatives, and I'm open to preventing abuses, but I do think it's reasonable to try. As long as people can still say "F U" (or nothing at all) and go on about their business.

I don't think that would even be necessary unless they find a bunch of photocopied signatures, or signatures that don't match at all. Or if they find addresses under bridges, and vacant lots. Those are the irregularities I'd assume they are looking for, and all the concern over this part seems like premature anger that may not even take place.

They should wait until that can of worms is opened, to complain about the smell.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That is my only complaint. I suspect that the election was stolen...but without any evidence its something I just swallow and live with. That there is ANY pushback against the investigation is damning.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

But they aren’t allowed to do signature matching unless I’m mistaken. That’s on the settlement they reached with the DNC.

Source: www.democracydocket.com...

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

But those ads could just as easily continue to say that it's okay to talk to canvassers and let them know if they did indeed vote in the last election without saying who they voted for.

It seems to me that folks would also like to know -- and have a right to know -- if someone else voted in their name. Isn't that theft? Someone is stealing another person's vote?

Knocking on doors asking who you voted for is crossing a line into abuse IMO.

As an AZ resident — who is going to answer the door for strangers?

i agree. Knock on my door, your best hope is my mom is home and will answer it. Because ill sit there and make eye contact with you through the window while i ignore you otherwise.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch
You think that voters that don’t care about voting will take the time to check if someone else voted for them?

I sure do! Not all, but at least some, probably many, and possibly most.

It's rather silly to presume that they don't care at all, since -- for whatever reason -- that same person did take the time to register to vote, so there is obviously some interest.

It's also silly to presume that they did not vote because they do not care. Their non-vote can also be a protest vote to say "none of these lot is worth my vote." Their non-vote could also be because they moved, registered and voted elsewhere... but their prior registration was not removed, so someone exploited that loophole. Perhaps they didn't even move, simply changed their name and registration and voted with their new name and registration, but their legacy registration was not removed and therefore able to be exploited.

It's also silly to presume that they would not care if their vote (and name) were stolen in order to vote for someone they did not want to vote for to begin with. I can do as I wish with my vote, including not vote at all. That doesn't mean I won't care if someone steals it and votes in my name.

We can give people a choice... just like we give them a vote... and do with it as they wish. Including nothing at all.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

But those ads could just as easily continue to say that it's okay to talk to canvassers and let them know if they did indeed vote in the last election without saying who they voted for.

It seems to me that folks would also like to know -- and have a right to know -- if someone else voted in their name. Isn't that theft? Someone is stealing another person's vote?

Knocking on doors asking who you voted for is crossing a line into abuse IMO.

As an AZ resident — who is going to answer the door for strangers?

i agree. Knock on my door, your best hope is my mom is home and will answer it. Because ill sit there and make eye contact with you through the window while i ignore you otherwise.

LOL 😂 — that would be me.

The only people who open doors here are the transplanted Snowbirds.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Many states have automatic voter registration. Many states is as easy as checking a box on a form while getting government services.

This past election been celebrated for its turnout of 68% of the elegible voters is really a paltry turnout. The US doesn’t crack not even the top 20 when it comes to voter participation. There is clear apathy on some sectors of the population towards the electoral process.

For some of us that are highly engaged this is difficult to understand. Is like my friend that doesn’t comprehend how I do not follow soccer. I don’t dislike soccer neither I like it... I’m just not interested at all in it.

edit on 7-5-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

That is my only complaint. I suspect that the election was stolen...but without any evidence its something I just swallow and live with. That there is ANY pushback against the investigation is damning.

I don’t think it was stolen. Because I live here.

The independents swing AZ. And they take their independence seriously. They’re not gonna jump on the Trump Train if it’s not going the way they think it should.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The crooked critters and Dominion thank you for your support!!!

They couldn't get away with it without people willfully turning a blind eye and making excuses. And, of course, belittling any effort to do so. Discourage, dishearten, defeat -- Right???

Good job!!!

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
And additionally voter turnout was 10% higher than 2016. Still at an anemic 59% though.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   

So far, I've not seen anything that demonstrates widespread fraud. or even organized fraud. There have been a few instances of ID theft, some honest mistakes, and a few cases of people pushing obeying the letter but not the spirit of the law, but that's about it.

Every videoaffidavittotally unsourced accusation that's been put forward has totally and utterly failed to pan out.

Right now, Trump supports are flogging a dead horse. They're trying to create uncertainty doubt in the electoral process rather than seriously trying to overturn the ballot. Which is why the liberals are opposing them. Not because they are afraid that any actual fraud will be found.

The logic is simply on this one. Liberals simply don't believe that there was any fraud, so their motives aren't to stop people form finding it, because they don't think that it's there to be found.

A lot of people vote Republican because Republicans usually represent stability and social conservatism, but Trump was the exact opposite of this. He swung wildly on all kinds of topics and he literally cheated on his wife while she was pregnant. Which isn't a very socially conservative things to do.

When you take low energy uncle Joe who can be depended upon to be just that, he's the safer be for many.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch
And additionally voter turnout was 10% higher than 2016. Still at an anemic 59% though.

Yes, there was a major campaign—mostly focused on getting Native Americans and Latinos to vote. They tend to not vote.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I don't think that would even be necessary unless they find a bunch of photocopied signatures, or signatures that don't match at all.

Well that won't happen now. The settlement from a couple days ago stipulates that Cyber Ninjas have not and will not be comparing ballot envelope signatures with registration signatures.

Or if they find addresses under bridges, and vacant lots.

With the technology we have today, there's no reason for things like that not to be checked and flagged by the system. At the very least, addresses could be confirmed to exist, verified as in a residential zone and not a commercial or industrial zone, or the middle of a lake or something. We should also be able to check and flag how many individual registrations originate from an address, and if that is suspiciously high.

Every concern provides another point of election law reform so we do not even have to ask these questions.

Those are the irregularities I'd assume they are looking for, and all the concern over this part seems like premature anger that may not even take place.

They should wait until that can of worms is opened, to complain about the smell.

I think of it as a delaying tactic, but providing some faux outrage and virtue signaling while undermining the audit and the will of the people and the entire election process.

But okay. As stated above, every single concern expressed is one more point of election reform that cannot be exploited in any way by anyone again.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   
And that will probably be the thing moving forward. The natural outcome of these election fraud investigations will be to enact strict voting laws. The problem for the GOP is that Dems have gotten better at making sure voters are informed and assist those who need help in getting registered and getting to the polls or vote by mail.

Of course the Dems will fight these laws tooth to nail but in reality the will no longer be caught flat footed when it comes to mobilizing voters. The GOP is approaching the bottom of the barrel when it comes to these new “election integrity” laws before they start running afoul with voting rights laws.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If you don’t believe the Democrats cheated you are a fool. If you believe they can be caught at this point you are also a fool. Digging into it though makes them nervous as hell and they don’t want anyone comfortable with speaking of cheating.

They have the voter roles and simply manufacture votes from those with the voting machines that didn’t show based on a percentage of votes that the sucker actually gets. The massive amount of suckers voting last time meant the machines needed more time to manufacture the fake votes. Short of asking everyone if they voted or not it’s over as is any other meaningful election in the future.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Wonder WHY this "Federal Law" bull# is coming up **Now-All-of-a-Sudden** 😎

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   
MSM Mantra -

The Most Secure Election in History -

That is ..... As long as you Don't Look .....

Why Audit - Why deep dive into it ... Just accept it ... MSM has proven they are the most Honest group in History LOL

Alrighty then

edit on 572021 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Wonder WHY this "Federal Law" bull# is coming up **Now-All-of-a-Sudden** 😎

When do laws just come up?

edit on 7-5-2021 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join