It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Hypnosis Be Effective on ME?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I believe that I was abducted by aliens about five years ago, and have read that hypnosis has been able to retrieve lost memories. I was considering going for hypnosis, but seeing as I've already read about other people's abduction experiences, I might interpret what I learned as my own experience, or simply people would think I'm making it up altogether. Is there anyway to tell if something hypnotically remembered is real or not? The only thing I'm able to think of at the time is emotion.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by invader_chris
I believe that I was abducted by aliens about five years ago, and have read that hypnosis has been able to retrieve lost memories. I was considering going for hypnosis, but seeing as I've already read about other people's abduction experiences, I might interpret what I learned as my own experience, or simply people would think I'm making it up altogether. Is there anyway to tell if something hypnotically remembered is real or not? The only thing I'm able to think of at the time is emotion.

The simple answer is, you will never know the truth. And even if you managed to convince yourself, it is highly unlikely you will be believed by others.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The effectiveness of hypnosis depends on the amount of trust you have. If there is something that you want to pull out of your past, you need to trust a total stranger to pull it out for you. If you are a trusting person, i would say go for it. Personally, i don't want anyone else touching my memories, aliens or otherwise.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hypnosis would only work if you could change hands with out missing a beat!

top topics

join