It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Recruit Who Hijacked Bus Full of Children Was Just Trying to Get Home, General Says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 07:15 AM
link   

A 23-year-old Army recruit from Fort Jackson, S.C., who shocked the local community Thursday by hijacking a school bus with 18 children onboard had no ammunition in his service rifle and was just trying to get back to his home, the training base commander said.
Army Recruit Who Hijacked Bus Full Of Childern Was Just trying To Get Home

he was just trying to get home, bless his heart.

looks as if he bit off more than he could chew, little boogers were more than he could deal with.

The elementary school students on the bus were more than he could handle. "The kids started asking lots of questions to the suspect," Lott said. "The suspect got a little frustrated.

Army Recruit Charged After Hijacking

he should have known better.

edit on 7-5-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   
AWOL with a Service Rifle.
This dude in a world of sh__

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Well, he was just a recruit. He probably had not been taught not to engage an enemy in a situation where you are outnumbered and they are so enthusiastic about the encounter.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Some don't have what it takes to join that ONE(1) Percent *shrugs*

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

When all he had to do was walk up to the drill sergeant and say, "I quit, I am done, I want to go home.".

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

When all he had to do was walk up to the drill sergeant and say, "I quit, I am done, I want to go home.".

In the old days, all that would get you is more latrine duty. Lol
Yeah this kid really didn’t think this through and now he is going to pay for quite some time, way more than the 4 or 6 years he signed up for in the army.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I got out in 84 and it was that simple then and I did damn near my whole contract at Ft. Jackson. I can only imagine with all the PC bs being instituted since then, it would be much easier to quit than it was then.

I mean, it was quite obvious the purpose of the DS was to train you or get you to quit.
edit on 7-5-2021 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   
When you can't handle 18 little kids, you sure can't handle a drill sergeant or two. And this guy, not smart enough to NOT pile on the charges, by doing lots of stupid things, once over that fence.

Bad choice after bad choice.
Wonder why he joined in the first place.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I had guys quit within the first few minutes of the shark attack. They're holding down Fort Living Room now.

This guy is just gonna go away.

He could have refused to train and he would have been chaptered out. No dishonorable discharge, no penalty. Just out like you were never in.

Some people are too stupid for their own good.

edit on 5 7 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Remember back when soldiers didn't get like this until they'd witnessed first-hand, the violence of war and death? Now in today's society, they get PTSD before basic training I guess.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Imagine if he'd gone to the Marines in the 60's.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   

This is the Woke Army now.

He'll get a promotion, and be awarded for being, "true to his emotional needs".

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

In the old days, all that would get you is more latrine duty. Lol
Yeah this kid really didn’t think this through and now he is going to pay for quite some time, way more than the 4 or 6 years he signed up for in the army.

Yep. Oh well, at least we don't have to worry about another treasonous Bowe Bergdahl or Bradley Manning and whether or not Biden would release 5 terrorist leaders for one traitor or overlook him giving away top secret information.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

here ya go, a picture just doesn't do one of the best scenes justice.

just the link.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This is the Woke Army now.

He'll get a promotion, and be awarded for being, "true to his emotional needs".

To achieve maximum protection status, all he has to do is simply agree to mail in a ballot, and as many other ballots as he can, to democrat candidates.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

yes sir, he sure is. he's gonna have three jurisdiction fighting over who is gonna go after him maybe even all three.

U.S. Military / Army. Feds under car jacking and kidnapping at least, plus weapons charges, and state for basicly the same.

heard on the news he facing 19 charges but didn't catch which one or what they were.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

here ya go, a picture just doesn't do one of the best scenes justice.

just the link.

www.youtube.com...

For sure. That's one of the best movies ever. Both of my uncles on my mom's side joined the Marines just in time for Vietnam. My oldest uncle's favorite story about basic training was the day he arrived. He was standing next to another guy he says must have been real nervous and popped a squeaker fart which made my uncle laugh. The DS immediately walked up to my uncle and punched him in the gut, told him there'll be no laughing on his f#ing time.

Last i heard, Drill Sergeants can't even speak in a mean manner to the kids anymore. They're not building soldiers that way IMO.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Yea, agreed.

But there is a lot of mental bipolar breaks these days. Most people don't even know the symptoms, or what it looks like.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   

there are two movies that show just how boot camp really was.
Full Metal Jacket and the begaining and other parts of boot camp in The Boys in Company C.

Gunny R. Lee Ermey was in both. guess that's why it's so real, even though in the The Boys in Company C. their Hollywood Marines.

i remember on E Beach before it became a park at least that's what i hear it is now. anyway back then a company was 4 platoons, and E Beach (Elliots Beach) was where they took us for Fam Fres, Squad and Fire Team Training, Grande Training, Gas Chambers and other combat training. they would take one squad at a time, and all the DI's but one would go with the squads.

the one that stayed that day, waited till he saw the platoon formed from the four squads march off around the corner of the runway ( if i recall correctly it was a runway pretty sure it was also a landing field at one point) and he began PT'ing the whole fricking company by himself. walking through the ranks kicking recruits asses, their was this one recruit and a couple of his buddies that thought we could skate by while he wove through the ranks, and would put our knees down and pretend to be doing them he had us doing push ups. he came up behind us grabbed one by the belt, and blouse collar lifted him up over his head, yelling i said push ups, and slammed him on the deck three or four times while the recruit waved around like a rag doll.

that took place after one of the many times that DI's got in trouble for hitting recruits and were not suppose to be doing that any more.
edit on 7-5-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Is He a Product of a Democrat run Public School system ??😎

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join