It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms says 'no' to reelection bid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Who didn't see this coming? She has been one of the worst mayors Atlanta has had. I'd bet there is something coming down that she is trying to avoid.

Anywho....Bye Felicia!!!!!

Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms told her supporters Thursday night that she would not seek reelection this year.

The Atlanta mayor made the announcement in a private call with friends and staffers, first reported AJC.

The mayor is set to hold a press conference Friday morning. 

Bottoms gained national attention for her support of the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement during last summer’s protests, followed by her persistent condemnation of Donald Trump during the general election.

Thursday’s decision is a reversal from her previous plan to run for re-election. President Biden even headlined a fundraising event for Bottoms in March, raising over $500,000, reported the AJC.

source

So...any bets on what happened?

I'll roll with some serious missing or hidden funds of some sort. Corruption style. And likely tied to Kasim Reed...
edit on 5/6/21 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 11:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

My money is on money.

She is probably involved in some sort of embezzlement , Tax evasion , Giving Contracts to Friends for bribes etc etc the list goes on .

Something of that nature I'm sure , it seems to be a pattern with Atlanta Mayors.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

My money is on money.

She is probably involved in some sort of embezzlement , Tax evasion , Giving Contracts to Friends for bribes etc etc the list goes on .

Something of that nature I'm sure , it seems to be a pattern with Atlanta Mayors.

Same here....I edited my OP as you were posting....my be is Kasim Reed is involved somehow.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Good news is always good. Those poor people in that state. Now if we could only dump Gavin Newsome

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Given her background either a Federal bench appointment or DOJ in some sort of voting rights capacity.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch

Given her background either a Federal bench appointment or DOJ in some sort of voting rights capacity.

I dont think this is about a promotion. The election in 6 months away. And there are no prospects for dems on the horizon.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Hmmm... interesting... I’m not from Atlanta but I’ve heard her name around Dems circles for possible positions. It does seems suspect though.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Hmmm... interesting... I’m not from Atlanta but I’ve heard her name around Dems circles for possible positions. It does seems suspect though.

It is just kinda shocking because the dems just flipped GA blue with her as mayor of Atlanta and now she announces no re-election? Doesn't seem to add up to me.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 11:25 PM
link   
That’s why I thought she was going Federal. There is no future for her near term in Georgia. Senate and Governorship are kind of locked at the moment. State legislature for someone with her name in Dem circles wouldn’t make sense. If she goes lobbyists I might flip a chair or two...lol

edit on 6-5-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   

She knows GA isn't allowing voting without an ID so her goose is cooked. No cheating this time. Darn shame.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   

The White Black Brown Yellow people of Atlanta are pissed off at Keisha Lanced Bottom because she helped to drive the Baseball Allstar Game out of town, along with several smaller events that didn't make the national news.

Stacie Jemima Abrams is under a dark cloud too.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Damn you went there fast!

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 11:50 PM
link   

That was my first thought. With the quality of the democratic machine running the country now she would fit right in to a federal position of screwing things up !

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 12:50 AM
link   
"Life ain't nothin but bitches and money"

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I've heard rumblings both ways, either something negative is on the horizon, or she got a democratic offer she couldn't refuse. Not to mention some believe the real power and influence is in the Atlanta City Council and the mayor is just a figurehead that does the ACC's bidding. If you don't play nice with the ACC your term as mayor is limited

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I'm an Atlantan and can say no one likes her here. No one. Left or right, although the left have to pretend that they do. She's done a sh*t job, particularly re: crime and the police/first responders. So it doesn't surprise me that she knows she would have a hard time getting re-elected. I don't know what names are in the pot to replace her, though. We haven't had a Republican/conservative mayor here in over 50 years, so that's just not gonna happen anyway.

That all being said, when her name was bandied about as moving up the party to the fed level, it wouldn't surprise me if that's why she's not running again. It also wouldn't surprise me to learn she was dirty. Not that that would preclude her from movin' on up, to the east side
To a deluxe apartment in the sky
Movin on up to the east side
We finally got a piece of the pie.....

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   
She is giving her presser now. Basically she is saying she prayed about it and her faith told her it was time to leave. She alluded to turning down a cabinet position, but says there is nothing in her future that she knows at this point because having faith means you don't know what's on the other side.

My money is on some big corruption that is being kept quiet and likely trying to sweep it under the rug while at the same time forcing her out.

She also alluded to a lot of corruption in the past administration with Reed and said she has not spoken to him about this......odd to say that I think since her and Reed were joined at the hip before.

Sounds like she is distancing herself from something....

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Bottoms UP !!🤣

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I just made a mistake by reading this comment at work. Almost got busted with my burst of laughter. Thanks, care, thanks a lot.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   

President Biden even headlined a fundraising event for Bottoms in March, raising over $500,000, reported the AJC.

So She raised money for a reelection, but now isn't going to run? Is She going to just pocket the $500k

top topics

<<   2 >>

join