It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California to instruct schools to hold back well-performing students in the name of racial equity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Parents of gifted students need not worry.

Plenty of sponsors will fund the private schools for all who "Qualify" beyond dumbbelledness 😸

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It was a time when intelligence and ability took center space when it came education, but back then education was free for the qualifying, now the stupid are teaching and governing and they want everybody to be as stupid as they are but education is not longer free.

Is an agenda and the stupid will applaud the stupidity, this is up to the parents sending their children to school to take matters in their own hands.

I make sure I know the credentials and education of the surgeon that will be doing my hart surgery, would you? want stupid to do it?

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

This is "equity"

Marxism.

Equal outcomes, not equal opportunity.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

I live in Oregon, it's why we home-schooled our youngest.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Why didn't Trump build the wall to close off California so that the woke illeberals can eat themselves and leave the rest of sane America alone?

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well, in California more and more people will put their smart kids into private schools so they do not get bored in public schools. Only the ones that can afford these private schools will have their kids succeed in California, everyone else will just be part of the serf society there...Surfing is popular near the ocean so I guess they can rename it Serfing there.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

When I watched Idiocracy for the first time I found it silly but hilarious, never ever imagine this what America will look like under the Democrats that are now in power, this is not the democrats I knew back years ago, when I voted for them, this new Democrats ruling the Party is the a new brand of stupid.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Californians will continue to abandon the state due to stupid leadership. Unfortunately, they're taking their "values" with them to Nevada and Texas.

No they`re here in TN as well, painting all the historic old brick and stone buildings white.... Annoying know it alls that dont know a damn thing.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Oh hell. Just mandate frontal lobotomy for everyone, and be done with it already.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Well, in California more and more people will put their smart kids into private schools so they do not get bored in public schools.

So the children of the elites have a better chance of maintaining the system of elites....

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   
A small story. . . .

Our youngest son was home-schooled. We had him registered at the district, he even attended a few high school classes, but for the most part, he was home-schooled. He's already graduated and is taking college courses. He's majoring in math right now because any tech field he goes into will have to have a math background.

He's been accepted into my company's internship program. He does well for 1 year, gets good grades, he will then be placed at a biomedical engineering site as an intern. He'll work and learn from mentors, making 60K a year for 1 year.

After that year, if he does well, my company will hire him, full time with benefits. He wants to specialize in CT engineering.
My company will pay for all his schooling WHILE PAYING HIM TO LEARN.

Right now, qualified CT techs make base at 120K/year.

He plans no school debt, making well above 100K/year by the time he's 21.

I say this because there are children out there, kids with ambitions, dreams, and these god-dammed school systems and "woke" approaches are ruining futures.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Is called keeping stupid away from their children, plain and simple,

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

California's Department of Education has announced that the gap between well-performing students and their less able peers must disappear

Such an effort would involve faculty holding well-performing students back, even while pushing their less intellectual peers forward

Released on Tuesday, the sprawling, hundreds of pages-long manifesto delivered by the California Health Department described how schools must focus on “active efforts”

Starting at the beginning of K-12 education to ensure no “gifted and talented” or advanced tracking programs take hold among the faculty, the policy implies to parents that if they want the same free public education as anywhere else in their school district, they have no choice but to subject their kids

“We reject ideas of natural gifts and talents,” the proposal states, insisting “there is no cutoff determining when one child is ‘gifted’ and another is not.” The proposal also wants to “replace ideas of innate . . . ‘giftedness’

Source

I can't even begin to describe how absolutely disgusted I am to see this.
The California Department of Education has released a several-hundred page manifesto that rejects the fact that intelligence differs among children or that some students are more intelligent than others. This manifesto lays out the California Department of Education's plan to make sure schools hold back well-performing students until the poorest-performing of their peers catch up, so that no students perform better academically than any others.
This is all part of a decades-long psychological warfare effort to hurt our nation, and it's working so well that I can't help but almost respect the nations and groups behind it. Yuri Bezmenov told us this would happen. It's all happening just like he described.

Thank you comrade for propagating this piece of Russian agitprop.

Did you notice that the article never identified anyone by name who supposedly made the recommendations? Did you notice that it never gave any pointer or other reference to the supposed original document so that we could go read the document ourselves? Did it seem strange to you that the RT agitprop piece can’t decide whether it was the Department of Education or the Department of Health that supposedly issued this “manifesto”. Did you know that the California Department of Public Health has no role in making recommendations on curriculum to the California Department of Education? Furthermore, a California proposal can’t be enacted by the “National Education Administration” because there is no such entity. And finally, the California Department of Public Health (which I assume is the “Department of Health” they are referring to) did not publicly release any “manifesto” on Tuesday, nor did the California Department of Education, according to their websites.

Other than that, good work.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Californians will continue to abandon the state due to stupid leadership. Unfortunately, they're taking their "values" with them to Nevada and Texas.

I said this in another thread.

I think this is on purpose. Push people into red states to infect with this idiocy.

There is no middle ground anymore

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   
SO RT is now a legitimate source with no proof to back it up...

Just checking for a friend.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Get rid of scholarships. Everyone is the same.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ATruGod

Is CNN with anonymous source more reputable? Asking for a friend.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

But it is an par with ridiculously that is true

Rutherford County Schools Tell Parents Not to Monitor Their Child’s Virtual Classrooms

tennesseestar.com...

The Problem for Asian-American Children: Too Successful, Not Diverse Enough

news.utexas.edu...

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Is CNN with anonymous source more reputable? Asking for a friend.

Nope don't trust them either...

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Well this is true, so I guess RT is better.

The draft framework, developed by the Instructional Quality Commission, states that the major obstacle for all California students to excel at math is a "history of exclusion and filtering" in the discipline that discourages girls and "black and brown" students from pursuing advanced mathematical studies.
The authors of this new framework "reject ideas of natural gifts and talents" in the belief that the very concept of natural talent in math creates inequities.

www.theblaze.com...
www.nationalreview.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join