It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California to instruct schools to hold back well-performing students in the name of racial equity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on May, 6 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   

California's Department of Education has announced that the gap between well-performing students and their less able peers must disappear

Such an effort would involve faculty holding well-performing students back, even while pushing their less intellectual peers forward

Released on Tuesday, the sprawling, hundreds of pages-long manifesto delivered by the California Health Department described how schools must focus on “active efforts”

Starting at the beginning of K-12 education to ensure no “gifted and talented” or advanced tracking programs take hold among the faculty, the policy implies to parents that if they want the same free public education as anywhere else in their school district, they have no choice but to subject their kids

“We reject ideas of natural gifts and talents,” the proposal states, insisting “there is no cutoff determining when one child is ‘gifted’ and another is not.” The proposal also wants to “replace ideas of innate . . . ‘giftedness’

Source

I can't even begin to describe how absolutely disgusted I am to see this.
The California Department of Education has released a several-hundred page manifesto that rejects the fact that intelligence differs among children or that some students are more intelligent than others. This manifesto lays out the California Department of Education's plan to make sure schools hold back well-performing students until the poorest-performing of their peers catch up, so that no students perform better academically than any others.
This is all part of a decades-long psychological warfare effort to hurt our nation, and it's working so well that I can't help but almost respect the nations and groups behind it. Yuri Bezmenov told us this would happen. It's all happening just like he described.

+24 more 
posted on May, 6 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   
During the first Caliphate it only took five years for the Islamic World to go from the height of science and mathematics to people not knowing how to sign their names.

While killing of scholars was part of the issue, dumbing down of society was also taking place. Look at the Islamic World now and ask yourself; "Is that happening here?"

+4 more 
posted on May, 6 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Subversion of natural selection.

But but muh science!

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   
And then once all becomes equal they will push the black and hispanic over the white kids...Israel Cohen said it best..a reply to: trollz

+29 more 
posted on May, 6 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Idiocracy was a documentary.

we have idiots running the show, and they should be removed.

+1 more 
posted on May, 6 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Already have the common core idiocy to take hold of (2+2=5) why not just kick it up a notch.
Dumb them down so much they can only rely on government too take care of them.

Almost enough saved to go live in the British Columbia bush, and it can’t come to soon I want out before everywhere is promoting this retardation

SaneThinking

+9 more 
posted on May, 6 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Californians will continue to abandon the state due to stupid leadership. Unfortunately, they're taking their "values" with them to Nevada and Texas.

+8 more 
posted on May, 6 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   

So basically, your average intellect kid will only receive the equivalent of a 6th grade education by graduation — because of a couple kids that have learning disabilities.

When is California going to become its own country again? Not soon enough!

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   

They will equity us all to death. They can't be serious, this is a real bad idea. Gifted students will be bored to sleep and won't learn advanced math and logic if they keep it simple for everyone.

Current, similar undertakings in my country but towards the other direction are attacked too currently. We have a school system where after Elementary School, the teachers give a suggestion to the parents if it's either going to be

Hauptschule (5years after Elementary, 9 years total)
Realschule (6years after Elementary, 10 years total)
Gymnasium (8 years after Elementary, 12 years total, like college in the US but it's free)

It's a good system that has allowed students to change if they were either drowning or bored in class. But no, these efforts are harpooned because discrimination yadayada. These school systems provided an environment for all three needs.

+13 more 
posted on May, 6 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I only have one question. WTF is wrong with your country?

Seriously.

“We reject ideas of natural gifts and talents,”

That statement alone is ...... insane, but then to back it up with this sh!t .... is off the charts.

“replace ideas of innate mathematics ‘talent’ and ‘giftedness’ with the recognition that every student is on a growth pathway.”

And the people who wrote this are still working for California's Department of Education ?

I reslise this is stilll a proposal .... but;

Other states including Oregon, Virginia, and Illinois have eagerly embraced the idea.

edit on 6 5 2021 by myselfaswell because: embraced the idea? this isn't an idea it's idiocy of the highest order masquerading as total fcuking stupidity.

+11 more 
posted on May, 6 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Very easy way to blow that whole argument out of the water.

Just ask, if there is no difference in the level of intelligence of students, why the need
To help lagging students? Shouldn’t they be able to figure it out?

On a side note. California has a huge Asian population. If they don’t think Asian parents will move to give their children the best educational opportunities, they are in denial. Get ready for a mass exodus.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Harrison Bergeron anyone?

+5 more 
posted on May, 6 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

I think what they mean here is:

"We reject objective reality."

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This is the most ridiculous thing I've read all year.

What's next? Successful athletes have to compete with a ball and chain?
edit on 6 5 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: myselfaswell

I think what they mean here is:

"We reject objective reality."

Nice one. Truly ...... that is what it is.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Keep your fingers crossed and hope for "the big one".

Then the people of Arizona Bay can enjoy a sea view and some fresh air.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Not that I don't believe it (as I live in Northern Cali) but where is the link for the actual quote? RT doesn't have it, the one other site I found that has this story links RT. I don't see anything on the CDoE website.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   

One of the disturbing revelations about this "idea" is that it suggests the people who wrote this garbage do not understand how mathematics is used and the importance that it has within society.

Also, when it comes to sport, shouldn't there be a handicap system, much like horse racing. The better you appear to be, the heavier the sand bags you've got to run with.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I live in Vegas..every third license plate is from Cali...its an invasion, But the funny thing here is that Vegas has one of the worst school systems in the country and some of the dumbest people I have ever met.a reply to: carewemust

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   
REOPEN THE TRADE SCHOOLS!!

So what?? You're not good at math but you get the basics and can, at your pace, learn as you go along.

You can make upwards of 100k a year within 4 years as a finish carpenter! Even more as an electrician or an elevator/escalator guy. ....and I've seen and worked with some boneheads but that's the mix and will ALWAYS be the mix.

You don't impede our brightest because WE NEED OUR BRIGHTEST!! More than ever now!

We also need our maintenance guys, our plumbers, builders, tradesmen and the like, ALWAYS.

I fkn hate this state so much.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join