It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weightlifter Laurel Hubbard Set to Become First Transgender Olympian

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

I was talking about marathon swim in cold water like In particular, the average time of women in the Catalina Channel is seven minutes faster than the average men.
It's very specific, true, but cold water + swimming long distance women are better because fat.

Also aging lol jk not a sport but we live longer, so (funny) we win in life the ultimate ultra long distance marathon

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Has there ever been a woman in f1?

Not as a driver AFAIK. I don't watch F1 anymore, don't take my word for it.

It's pretty cool that you raced, did you ever do rally?

Never did a real sprint rally over long distance, just two hill-climb, one I crashed, one I made fourth in my class from a starting field of about thirty cars with the same specs. A lot crashed that day so it's some good luck, too. The only thing I damaged was the rear section during a 180° turn that I underestimated and drifted off into the mountain side. I do have respect for Rallye, IMHO these are the top notch devils on wheels.

I think any Rallye driver can learn circuits but not the other way. People often say you can feel the car with the butt and that's true to a degree, it stops being true when you move a charged up car on winding dirt roads, you have to preplan the curves before your car tells you that you just lost grip.

I know there are women drivers that will drive me scared #less

I can only talk for myself but when I raced I always trusted the car. If you don't trust the car you're #. That means you need to fight the reflexes your brain is sending to your feet to panic brake. This trust is not apparent to a passenger, as a normal passenger can not compare it to the experience if what's happening is normal. Men too.

For example when I hit the brakes with enthusiasm and your seat belts are not tight, it will really hurt. Same for looking at me when the turbo (hate) is about to kick in. When the needle starts to move there's a split second where you feel the boost commencing and then it's like the car is driving away from you. Flatshift the seq. into next gear transfering all the boost, the car literally jumps a car length or two forward until it has complete grip again. It's like someone ignites TNT behind the car, it's hearable and it feels like a punch in the back.

Grown men have screamed like babies when I did that, just going fast in a straight line.

but at the end of the day even in motorsport men and women compete separately or none of the women ever dominate if it's mixed.

I agree, but the demand for a womens league isn't that high. It depends on the type of event/class/league. You can buy into a track-tool seat for VLN races if you have all the other qualifications or you do it all yourself. For the latter you need a lot of support from family, do a lot by yourself.

I'm seeing or noticing more girls now in cart sports though, a nice thing and requirement for any formular sport. See I just started as a teen learning how to drive on field roads, McDonalds trays and only later got introduced to racing, when I already had my drivers licence. But the day I did my exam, I could already drift 400hp RWDs, which was a lot of HP ten years ago.

Now you can buy 800+ HP cars directly from the manufacturer and 18 year olds sit in there bored eating ice cream with one finger on the steering wheel while going full throttle. That doesn't mean they would survive a round in a full fledged race car where you can see the road through the transmission tunnel and hear every little stone coming up from the road hitting the underside of the car.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

A little common sense and maybe get accepted first and test the limits afterwards.

Maybe she likes being hated?

Self punishing behavior? Some just like to suffer, not the traditional physical-masochistic way, instead they make their life as hard as possible. Everything in the world seems to be made to hold them back in their life when in reality it's they who hold themself prisoner to their own perceived fate.

It's like if you don't like the job, get a new one but don't bitch about this one to me. Don't like your body, great, you can change it but don't bitch about this to me. I deem myself very tolerant, I can love both men and women, it doesn't make a difference for me.

But what I see coming from the transgender crowd is not helping their own cause at all. Demanding respect has never worked, and telling us we're xenophobic for voicing our own opinions, while at the same time demanding respect, is a deal breaker for me.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: M5xaz

Ultra long distance swimming and dressage (equine event)

Swimming - ultra long distance, as in Iron Man, dominated by men.

Men have more muscle mass, stamina, bone density, biological facts cannot be denied, sorry.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles
I can't prove this, but you know there has to be some 'guys' for whom this is part of the reason why they even became trans. Maybe or maybe not a big part of the reason, but I'm sure there are some who may be considering 'making the change', but not fully committed to it. Then they factor in that they will almost instantly become a better athlete, and that's enough to conclusively convince them to go through with the operation(s)..... Which is bull#.

But yeah, I agree with others that the only logical conclusion is to have transgender sports leagues.

lol I know I shouldn't say this, but....
There is a Special Olympics, so why not a Transgender Olympics too?

Is it ironic that the first part of your post I find it to be LOL but the bottom portion actually makes sense to me?

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

ETA. PLEASE dont post photos!

Why not?

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   
A man winning a weightlifting competition against a woman is NOT an ‘achievement’

And this person, laurel hubbard, is 100% male. A ‘man’.

This is cheating. Nothing less.

Opposing transgender men competing against women at such a level DOES NOT mean you oppose transgenderism

Not by ANYONES definition

I support transgenderism. One of my daughter identifies as a man. I don’t care. It doesn’t affect me, or you.
But I DO oppose males stealing Olympic glory from females
edit on 6 5 2021 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Well, if the other competitors boycott, he wins. What really needs to happen is the world needs to wake TF up and stop this pandering nonsense. Men in their sports, women in their sports, God's mulligans too bad, so sad, unless you can get enough mulligans together to compete with and against each other exclusively, then sports just isn't in the cards for you.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

You know why you live longer..

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

That's pretty cool, Duck.

I used to play around on superbikes, and as much as I loved it I realized that as an average rider I might be enjoying 70% of what the bike is capable of.

A sobering thought but it's that other 30% that enables you to make something of your ability in a professional capacity.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 11:43 PM
link   
its stunning and brave.
he over came beating up his little sister and became a proud warrior.
he never stopped masturbating over mylittlepony vids.
and now he is beating the # out of woman 24/7.
you go girl!
edit on 7-5-2021 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24 if you went through puberty as a male you shouldn't be allowed to compete period, in women's anything.

In the future if your(kids) deny that process then fine. Men are scientifically stronger then women, period end of it. The strongest woman in the world outside of kicking a man on his nuts will never be able to beat the strongest man unless he literally lost 90% of his brain cells. And performs like an actual beast; bull or ape on a rampage. Or has some other similar mental /physical handicap

Idgaf, I have nothing against transgenders, but at that point it's the same as taking "natural steroids". Automatic disqualified, end of it find a new line of work.

I ain't afraid to say it, if she plans to compete she needs to head over to china and have the male built muscles removed and rebuild from the bottom up.(Yes they do that!)

Without the aid of a steroid compound testosterone at levels 1000x more then any woman is capable of producing.

edit on 7-5-2021 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 03:23 AM
link   

That's pretty cool, Duck.

Depends on the viewpoint, it all may sound very exciting but it's nothing really special. We had, before Corona, a steady stream of hill-climbs and rallye, partly on public roads too. Drag races on the near small airport. In the town I grew up and lived before, on sunny saturdays you would see some of these self built rallye cars, often old Opel Ascona or BMW E30's. Either proudly presented in front of the lawn or cruising around, enjoying the cars.

But if you handled superbikes, I just did a few jumps with a half-cross and dirt tires, you know this connection to the machine. 30% are that and the rest is strength of the mind / tactical. You can be the best on the track by time but if you don't have the balls to pull into a car length size opening doing 180km/h, you're not going to win anything.

You also have to know the driver in front of you. Some never learn their lessons, like often I turned into the inner side of a corner, provocating a reaction in front to pull into the inside and close the possibility, the moment I see any hint at the rear that the driver is doing something to mitigate that, I pull out of the wind shadow to overtake.

Why? I just forced the guy in front of me to slow down and to corner even tighter, slowing him down further, while I drop out of the shadow and corner the outside, going right into the inner side of the next corner and beat by two car lengths, even with a slower car.

Same as luring the one behind you getting closer in the wind shadow into a mistake. Like if I chase someone and I can overtake, there's someone behind me, I go off sideways slowly to one side, tricking the one behind me to anticipate what's coming. Still using the wind shadow in front of me. The one behind me is trying to stay in my shadow and just when I see an option to overtake, I swerve around the other side.

This often surprises the one behind and you ruin their pace as it breaks up the airflow behind my car and messes up the airflow coming from the car I overtake. It's like scraping a few horsepower of your oponent behind you, for a few seconds, at high speeds it can decide if the one behind you will overtake you too, after you did all the pulling work for him.

Same if I see weakness in someones stamina. Like locking tires or other driving errors. It's a tactical manace.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

lol I know I shouldn't say this, but.... There is a Special Olympics, so why not a Transgender Olympics too?

Of course you should say it.
You have given in to them. Its a perfectly logical thing to say.
You are helping them win

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 03:52 AM
link   
When I was a kid growing up, there was this girl who lived across the street from me. She was a full-on tomboy, and she was a talented baseball player. When we used to put together kid teams I'd always pick her because she could hit, run and play 1st base. She didn't hit homers, but she could consistently hit over the Shortstop's head and get on base. And she wasn't afraid to steal bases if you weren't paying attention, and she was fast. She couldn't throw from deep centerfield to home plate, but she didn't have to on 1st base, and she could dang sure tag you out. She was a good baseball player, better than most of the guys in the area.

In the same breath, I didn't feel compelled to go try out for the girls basketball team because I was taller than all the girls and could win some trophy.

What's wrong with people?
edit on 5/7/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Some people are so desperate to win they're willing to become the opposite sex.

Its got to stop. In 20 years the olympics will be a joke

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

I just can't wait until they make Runway Modeling an Olympic sport!

Then we can have competitive "walk-offs"! And Billy-Bob (now Sue) can stay out of the girls weightlifting categories.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 04:17 AM
link   
You know, it just occurred to me...there's all this gender nonsense, but what about age equality.

What if I want to go try out for the 6th grade junior varsity (3rd string) football team? At 6'9" and 385 I can probably drag the entire opposing team down the field while running the ball! That ought to be worth some kind of a trophy, right? Obviously, I'm just joking, but this just illustrates how stupid this 'weightlifter' dude-ette being allowed to compete is! (note: I'm not really 6'9" and 385, just an example...LOL!)

And one more thing...most of the discussion in this thread has been about the person competing, but what about the IOC? Why are they allowing this? Are they trying to demonstrate how 'woke' they are with this stunt? They need to be taking a lot of heat over this matter also, for even allowing this person to compete at all!
edit on 5/7/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

This sounds like me but without the baseball. If someone remembers the game "Time crisis" on PS1 with the lightning gun for aiming, nobody beat me on that game. Whe had a shady trick that worked a few times and it went like this:

Sometimes we would visit other school mates from different towns and often they we were playing Tony Hawk Pro Skater or similar in winter. When they visited us, one of our group would then trick them into a challenge between me and someone that thought would beat me on Time crisis. Can you beat the girl? The interesting thing was, some were aware but said nothing just to see someone other fail and share the defeat.

Like "The looser is going to snort that pack of fizzy lemonade powder"- kind of stupid things you do as a teen. It was a time when JackAss on MTV was seen as funny (stupid idiots lol).

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I STILL think JackAss was pretty amusing! LOL!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join