It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dam is Starting to Fail- Federal Judge Invalidates Foreclosure/Eviction Moratorium

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
This seems to be a perfect storm brewing and the government essentially caused it all by overreacting to COVID while also attempting to use it as an excuse to build a wish list of spending projects and social programs that are now trying to pull the whole damn country down to the bottom.

It used to be that the 'reward' was doing things right like paying your mortgage.

Now you just have to sit back and let someone else foot your bills.

Maybe I'm wrong. . .

But I seem to remember a few of us saying that this was going to happen a year ago.

But maybe I'm wrong. . . .

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Maybe I'm wrong. . .

But I seem to remember a few of us saying that this was going to happen a year ago.

But maybe I'm wrong. . . .

People liked us less than Kevin back then.

Probably now too but that was different.

edit on 5-5-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra

How many of the people behind on rent were collecting the extra $600 a week in federal unemployment and simply opted not to pay their rent? I'd bet that number is pretty large.

Many people have opt out of work with 600 a week in unemployment plus no rent, so maybe they are making 49k total in pay and savings not to work per year. I wonder how many Americans would love that system forever that is equal to a 23 bucks per hour job.

edit on 5-5-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

When enough of them get together with guns, you get communism.

Seeing the US is I think the only country with millions that have a 2nd Amendment does that mean that the US is going Red?.

I dont think so. USA is going full on Russia style Plutocracy

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   
A lot of people are not working and don’t want to work. A lot of people will soon run out of fund and inflation will cause unemployment. This #$+* show will be used as a hammer against conservatives for universal basic income and they will cave as per normal and the country will plunge deeper.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Bobs a slumlord, who bought cheap houses back in 08, preying on those who fell behind and foreclosed.

No Bob was smart and had Banks helping him to build up wealth. Why do you call it preying when people went out of their way to get into overcapitalization. Or are you saying they were all stupid and commissions and kickbacks between Lenders and Realtor Agents to do false docs never happened?

Slum Lords live in New York and use Arson and Insurance to build ill gotten gains. Or so the movies say

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
a reply to: incoserv

Bobs a slumlord, who bought cheap houses back in 08, preying on those who fell behind and foreclosed. Bob can eat sh1t, karma is a bitch.

Not all landlords are slumlords.

But the problem, 38181, is that you will be eating Bob's sh1t as well. Bob's sh1t will overflow and fill every cup and bowl and plate in the country. Bob will not suffer this alone.

As pointed out above, the bankers and the politicians will get off scot free. They will be eating sirlon and lobster, followed by Nancy Pelosi's gourmet ice cream. But you and me, we'd better develop a taste for Bob's sh1t cause it'll be force fed to us plebes.
:
edit on 2021 5 05 by incoserv because: what's it to ya?

+1 more 
posted on May, 5 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The moratorium should never have taken place. My renter stopped paying back in September of last year, as soon as the CDC passed the moratorium. I couldn't even get in front of a judge to show she was damaging the property and had pets ruining the place. She changed her number and cut off all contact. She never applied for rental assistance. It took 9 MONTHS! to get her out. Ohio thankfully shot down that stupid moratorium the day before we went to court. Took a few more weeks for her to finally leave and now that she is gone I have the property back, but it is a disaster. Now I have to track down her new address just to sue her for back rent and damages. The government screwed over the honest, tax paying citizens and gave the scum a free pass to be even worse scum. I will NEVER rent a property out again. I have a lot of 4 letter words for our government and I hope my ex-renter gets a tainted covid shot.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

A lot of people will soon run out of fund andinflationwill cause unemployment

Governments were supposed to start inflating 2 years ago but then Covid hit. Now if you're conspiracy minded as most of us are, Covid is nothing more than another cold. Its the Great Reset that will screw us. then they'll shove a UBI down our throats and we will not be allowed to own anything, we'll be paying installments/renting not just software everything else as well.

You ask any institution/service provider what discount you get if you pay annual rather than monthly. The diff is negligible now. Years back you could make a great saving but like the dumbing down of everything everyone only knows monthly installment -

good example "Freephone latest smartphone if you join a Mobile Plan"

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

From the story:

The U.S. Justice Department said it is appealing, and will seek an emergency order to put the judge's decision on hold.

This is the main point from this, because we never know how the appellate court will rule, and if the new appellate ruling in favor of Gov. Newsom's stupidity here in California is any indication, the smarter judges exist at the first court level.

While I feel for the families who will be evicted, I feel just as much for the property owners whose lives have been destroyed by this moratorium on evictions. It's time to give them their livelihoods back, and it couldn't come at a better time when the market is high (even though a sudden influx of housing would deflate the housing bubble a bit, they still can capitalize).
edit on 5-5-2021 by SlapMonkey because: I needed to make an edit.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It's gonna be messy alright. If someone skips out on 12+ months of rent and just moves out of state the landlord could get zero even though they provided shelter to that person that whole time.

originally posted by: 38181
a reply to: incoserv

Bobs a slumlord, who bought cheap houses back in 08, preying on those who fell behind and foreclosed. Bob can eat sh1t, karma is a bitch.

That's quite the over-generalization. Not every landlord is a "slumlord", nor did every landlord purchase real estate during/at the bottom of the housing crash

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

That's quite the over-generalization. Not every landlord is a "slumlord", nor did every landlord purchase real estate during/at the bottom of the housing crash

Yeah I know, I’m not good at humor. Slumlord to me means differently to other’s apparently.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   

i was assured when it all started that we could never know how many lives they saved, and it would all be worth it.

2008 will look like a blip.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I got extremely lucky the wife insisted we get the house section 8 approved, and a good thing she insisted because that money is all we got over the last year.

The second thing was who we rented to, I know the family so that limited the damage.

Thirdly because only the state was paying and it was in oklahoma when we decided to sell (I couldn't keep up the balancing act much longer) the state told her to hit the bricks.

without those three things I would be broke sending my wife and son to live with my dad while I tried to figure my way out of a huge hole because of that stupid moratorium.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

My sister finally was able to evict people who had not payed in 6 months. They didn't destroy the house too bad...but did little things that are just #ty. She graduated from Tech about 6 years ago, and it turns out that she was on the deans list and was top of her program. That plaque and award notice was found in the bottom of a closet at that rent house. The owners didn't even pass it along....while stiffing her for rent.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Glad things weren't too bad, but that all still sucks.

We just bought our new house about 5-6 weeks ago, and it was a rental prior to that, so obviously, people can get renters to leave. Word is that there was a LOT of work done to our house prior to going up for sale, and all I know is that I don't ever want to pull up the new carpet and see what's underneath.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Get ready for a National Mobil Special Police Force to enforce all emergency evictions !! 😮

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I have rentals and a separate management and maintance company to take care of them. They are nice homes and about $900 a month on the average. I shut the maintance company down in November. Sent out evection notices to all the first of the year. I do not respond I am just the management company. Offered to sell to all on a land contract with $2000 down all accepted. I will be in court by July to repo them all they should be out by September. Quicker than back rent. Property values are so high I can sell empty lots and make good money. So be it. Will sell whats left for more than I paid 15 years ago to flippers.

I'll add the down payments I have collected all 4 checks bounced and all the cash is non refundable.

edit on 5-5-2021 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Sounds like I will be buying a couple or 3 more rental homes soon....and for cheap! This will be like 2009....but it will be Biden doing the bailout and failing again.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If only the gov had stayed out of how we make money this wouldn't be an issue...

They closed my livelihood when there were tons of folks willing to "risk" it for a paycheck. Risk is used jokingly here as there is more risk using a unreliable barely tested vaccine than just going to work like normal. I'll stay being in florida these last 2 weeks have been nice. No masks no mandates just normal life. Too bad I hated living here before and I'd never go back...but it has been nice!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join