It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans threaten to break up Facebook after Oversight Board decision

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: elevatedone

NOW they’re stepping in, these “Republicans?” Excuse my potty mouth, but fu****ck them.

Where were they when they banned the President the first time?

Where have their sorry pussy asses been as the FBI has been going around the country jailing people for being near the Capitol on Jan 6th?

Not a peep out of these disgusting pussies for ANY of the egregious things that have been goin on.

Clearly they stand to benefit somehow from “speaking up” now.

Please people- don’t ever send a single PENNY to any currently serving Dem or Rep ever again.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I killed mine about 7 years ago, I found I was spending more time on there than on actual worthwhile pursuits. The first couple of weeks were similar to a withdrawal situation, the urge to open the app and reactivate was high. Much like smoking though, after 2-3 weeks I didn't have the urge any longer, now if someone wants to get in touch with me they have to do it via the phone, text, or email.

I did make an instgram account recently, but that's only because it's one of the fastest ways to find artists that do commissions and look at their work as my wife and I decorate our new house. Once we're done, that account will be killed off as well.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Seems Facebook's Oversight Board had more to say.

Donald Trump's ban from Facebook and Instagram has been upheld by Facebook's Oversight Board.

But it criticised the permanent nature of the ban as beyond the scope of Facebook's normal penalties.

It has ordered Facebook to review the decision and "justify a proportionate response" that is applied to everyone, including ordinary users.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Trump will be back on Facebook within 6 months.

I thought his thing was twitter. Facebook banning him seemed like if the Democratic party banned me from speaking at their rally. I'd live through it.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
What can conservatives actually do? Seriously.

Things that should have been done 4 years ago Alex.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   

It changed when COVID put people in their homes, and China began running propaganda campaigns on social media to build the #show we have today.

Prior to that it was incrementally worse, likely still seeded by Chinese and other foreign nationals. The thing about our culture is its really and truly led by the youth. Marketing is geared towards them. They are the disposable dollars that everyone except luxury service is trying to get the attention of. Kids lead our culture. And kids are also immeasurably stupid and naive. So they believe any half cocked nonsense they read in places like Tumblr.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   
You will know that democracy was successful when everyone is equally unhappy

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I give this social medias a few more years and they all will cave up to their own stupidity, is just a matter of time,

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   

The CEO's of Facebook and Twitter were summoned before Congress 2 times in the past 2 years.

They spouted off a few technical things that went over the heads of the Congressional committees, and flew back home.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
So government control is needed to prevent a private business from operating how it sees fit...

"but but but"

"whatabout"

all of this complaining and whining is pathetic, but i'm not surprised by it.

Shouldn’t they be able to be sued then ?

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Republicans should not have to force free speech into this private company. A "social platform" should be based on and adherent to free speech - for everyone, not just the chosen political view.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Kids lead our culture. And kids are also immeasurably stupid and naive. So they believe any half cocked nonsense they read in places like Tumblr.

Not like those mature, adult, ATS users that have spent countless hours discussing the merits of Q.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
You will know that democracy was successful when everyone is equally unhappy

Nope, that's communism, or as you evil leftists say, "Equity".

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Are there republicans out here promoting the idea that the Free Market has to have regulations?

Like.. making a cake or not?

*boom* heads explode while ragingly trying to prove that a free market is only good if it is for their own good.

Nope. Nopo. You want a free market, you get a free market. You want regulations, you get regulations. Do not forget which party is in force right now.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Thenail

Who?

Facebook for banning someone for their own reasons?

Will my bar get shut down or sued if I ban someone from my establishment for behaving in a way I see unfit?

If so then I should have a bunch of lawsuits on my hands by now.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Are there republicans out here promoting the idea that the Free Market has to have regulations?

Like.. making a cake or not?

*boom* heads explode while ragingly trying to prove that a free market is only good if it is for their own good.

Nope. Nopo. You want a free market, you get a free market. You want regulations, you get regulations. Do not forget which party is in force right now.

Then it was wrong to break up the “free market mob”?
edit on 6-5-2021 by neutronflux because: Fixed

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

So what do you want? Where is your solution or are you just trolling online?

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Republicans should not have to force free speech into this private company. A "social platform" should be based on and adherent to free speech - for everyone, not just the chosen political view.

IF the source of the "social platform" is government-controlled.

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   

group is...emotionally compromised.

Which group is that exactly ?

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

cake or not? *boom* heads explode while ragingly trying to prove that a free market is only good if it is for their own good.

Actually, a monopoly such as fb and the way it operates functions to keep competition out. In a true free enterprise system, there would be more competition allowed.
TPTB manage to find ways to control the market in their favor and push their competition out.
So where were you when the Democrats wanted to regulate what we eat and and regulate businesses out of business and out of the country? All climate change regulation is designed to ruin the market not help it.
There’s a privacy issue at stake. I thought Progressives wanted to protect privacy on the Internet, you know like not letting people’s personal information get bought and sold like the slavery market ... are you familiar with the HITECH Act? It was part of the Obama stimulus.
edit on 9-5-2021 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It won't be the GOP who will bring down Facebook and the other tech giants. It will be their competitors in the tech industry that will by flinging anti trust lawsuit after anti trust lawsuit until they start to stick. And eventually even the democrats will get on board because their grassroots constituents naturally gravitate toward the underdog... and the last I checked the big tech companies are owned by old white men from the US the naturally enemy of the liberal.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join