It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus was betrayed for vast sums of money and power

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Jesus was betrayed for vast sums of money and power(obviously not the amount that was said).
The wealthy elite today are the descendants of the people who betrayed Jesus and got him killed. And every bit of their money and power stems from what they gained from this betrayal. That is how much they actually gained.
Remember this was no ordinary King.
edit on 5-5-2021 by CharGreen because: Grammar

edit on 5-5-2021 by CharGreen because: Grammar

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharGreen
Jesus was betrayed for vast sums of money and power
edit on 5-5-2021 by CharGreen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Cool story! You any, like, fact thingies to back that up? Like a 23 and Me kit?

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CharGreen

The rough estimate for what Judas turned his brohan over in today's value is about $200. I don't know about you but that doesn't qualify as a vast amount of money.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharGreen
Jesus was betrayed for vast sums of money and power.
The wealthy elite today are the descendants if the people who betrayed Jesus. And every bit of the money and power stems from what they gained from this betrayal. That is how much they actually gained.
Remember this was no ordinary King.

This is how the system works. This is the mark of the beast. So many are fixated on some physical mark. I don't know if there will ever be a definable and clearly recognizable physical mark, but the mark on the soul is what matters, is what suck one down into darkness and perdition.

Jesus came to break that system. He did. His resurrection from the grave broke that power. Satan told Jesus, in Luke 4:6, " “To you I will give all this authority and their glory, for it has been delivered to me, and I give it to whom I will..." That authority, while still holding sway over those who willingly submit, has been broken. The time is short.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The time is short? That was over 2,000 years ago. Is it still short?

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Cool story! You any, like, fact thingies to back that up? Like a 23 and Me kit?

There are physical, genetic descendants, then there are descendants in spirit, in attitude.

One might say that the patriots of today are "descendants" of the founding fathers, or that Antifia are "descendants" of the Nazi brownshirts. That does not mean that one could provide genetic markers proving such, but that philosophically, morally, practically they are following in the footsteps of those philosophical predecessors.

Not too hard to understand.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   

The time is short? That was over 2,000 years ago. Is it still short?

In comparison with eternity, all time is short.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Jesus was betrayed by one man who wanted Jesus to start a war and remove the Romans from Zion.
Jesus came to change individual hearts and minds, not overthrow physical kingdoms and earthly powers
That’s why christianity should never be mixed with politics

Christianity is a personal choice

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Jesus was betrayed by one man who wanted Jesus to start a war and remove the Romans from Zion.
Jesus came to change individual hearts and minds, not overthrow physical kingdoms and earthly powers

Christianity is a personal choice

Religion is always co-opted by those in power as a method of control. Constantine is perhaps the best example of this.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Ahh, so lets move the goalposts eh. That aint what the OP said.

You saying peeps are predestined to be good and bad?

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   

So we got LOADS of time left to be bad then.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Yes, Constantine stole christianity and corrupted it, using it as a tool to kill millions in the name of a man who preached only love and peace

I watched a YouTube video recently, a slave bible, removed much teaching about slavery, how christians are to treat others, a bible corrupted to reinforce slavery, was interesting

What is the Slave Bible?
The earliest copy of the Slave Bible was published in 1807, an “astoundingly reduced” Bible which “contains only parts of 14 books,” Brigit Katz reported for SmithsonianMag.com. Sections that were removed included the Exodus story, which showed God instructing Moses to lead the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt.www.christianity.com...

Christianity has been corrupted since it’s inception
Money and power, not just betrayal of Jesus, all humanity has been betrayed since

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

And yet he ( Iesous ) made political statements and rubbed the zealots et al the wrong way

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   
200 bucks. It paid for the potters field

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Ahh, so lets move the goalposts eh. That aint what the OP said.

You saying peeps are predestined to be good and bad?

You don't do well with the nuances of language, do you?

:
edit on 2021 5 05 by incoserv because: I could.

link   

So we got LOADS of time left to be bad then.

So said Noah's neighbors ...

link   

Well change all the Bibles and call me Brian.

edit on 5-5-2021 by Randyvine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
... Christianity has been corrupted since it’s inception
Money and power, not just betrayal of Jesus, all humanity has been betrayed since

All humanity has been betrayed since the man and woman in the garden decided to take it upon themselves and reach for something beyond that for which they were created. Since the fatal day when the decision was made to become a law unto themselves, it has been a history of self-betrayal after self-betrayal.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Dunno man.

It costs me $35 every time Jesus mows my lawn. I wouldn't exactly consider that "vast sums of money"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join