It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Facebook ban upheld by Oversight Board

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
President Trump will NOT be back on Facebook. The Oversight committee upheld the ban.

“Given the seriousness of the violations and the ongoing risk of violence, Facebook was justified in suspending Mr. Trump’s accounts on January 6 and extending that suspension on January 7,” the board said in its decision.

Link

But now they must reassess this "penalty" going forward ie permanent bans. Its not ok but We'll let this one stand.

Is anyone surprised?
edit on 5-5-2021 by ATruGod because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on May, 5 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ATruGod

The board said that Trump “created an environment where a serious risk of violence was possible” by maintaining a narrative that the 2020 presidential election was fraudulent.

I have to say, if true fraud is found, the repercussions of these clowns will be epic on a scale never before witnessed.

+12 more 
posted on May, 5 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   

The butthurt Liberal goons will never stop lying about the insurrection that never happened.
The real insurrection happened on Nov 3rd when they tried to bullsh!t us into thinking that 81 million people voted for Biden.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATruGod
President Trump will NOT be back on Facebook. The Oversight committee upheld the ban.

I bet he doesn't care anyway.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Who actually cares? I don't even think Trump cares, he could open 100 rival sites to FB and would be more successful. But he doesn't because running one of those childish millennial sites is actually neither cool nor useful for a man that is busy with running real businesses.
The only thing that has been 'achieved' is that some dumb lefties feel powerful in their vegetable wrists having banned yet another human being for their opinions. This is nothing I would be proud of, it's pathetic frankly.

Imagine your opinion is so strong that you don't even need to ban or silence anyone, because whatever you say is the truth and the opinion of every logic thinking person. Imagine you can invite any criticism and you KNOW that you will win, because your arguments are all based in facts and truth.

These bannings and cancellings will one day lead to a hell of a lot of very lonely, bitter haters who only speak with their own kind [circle jerking]. Meanwhile decent people will have gone to pastures new.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   
REPEAL SECTION 230! This is proof that facebook is prejudice toward conservatives. The people at facebook doesn't hold the First Amendment equal for all of it's users.

+1 more 
posted on May, 5 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Leftists censor.

It's what they do.

Cowards.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I don't have Facebook and I wouldn't open an account even if they let Trump get in.

FU FB

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
I don't have Facebook and I wouldn't open an account even if they let Trump get in.

FU FB

Yep. If it pisses you off that they are doing it, yet you are still using it, you might want to rethink your logic process.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Big International Corporations acting like governments !!!

😵‍💫😮

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I'd say north of 90% of all FB users are very dissatisfied with the platform. But what are your alternatives? Where else do you have so much access to family and friends?

The problem with FB is the complete lack of competition.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I'd say north of 90% of all FB users are very dissatisfied with the platform. But what are your alternatives? Where else do you have so much access to family and friends?

Can't argue with that.

I really enjoy eating extremely hot food with carolina reaper and cap extract and several products are available only thru facebook. BUT, because of that I just go without.

The fix is in to prevent any competition that will challenge big tech by just claiming they promote hate speech. I think the issue is Congress. Congress knows they can't penalize speech so they have relied and given permission to big tech to do it and pretend they don't know about it or can't do anything about it.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Good, I hope it continues to give less reasons to be on these platforms.

Bring back personal websites and blogs.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Oversight board?
Dollars to donuts that the oversight board consists of three purple haired overweight lesbians.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6
REPEAL SECTION 230! This is proof that facebook is prejudice toward conservatives. The people at facebook doesn't hold the First Amendment equal for all of it's users.

It's a private business.

First Amendment ONLY applies to the government. Not to private businesses.

So airlines can ban people permanently if they make a nuisance of themselves, colleges can ban religious people from standing on the sidewalks and preaching without permits, etc, etc.

And the Twitter ban is also "constitutional" since Twitter isn't owned by the government.

Now... I thought that Trump announced just yesterday that he had a free speech platform and the My Pillow guy also has one and Parleur is also one, is it not? Why would Trump need to go crawling to Facebook or Twitter with those resources?

And the Trump TV network was in the works at one time, if I'm remembering right. And those platforms can't be kicked off Internet.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

It's not so much a lack of technical competition as a lack of practical competition. You can create as many platforms as you want, but until the majority of people you want to connect with are on them, it is pretty useless. People need to act on their dissatisfaction an actually jump ship, but many people find that hard -- priorities and all.

My wife suggested I make a FB for my business knowing that I don't FB. No thanks. It will be just fine without it.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Remember that FB isn't the internet and that we've moved from various platforms -- remember how huge MySpace was? At one point everyone's family and friends were there. LiveJournal was another huge community. Now the younger generation is moving from FB to TikTok and other similar apps (Tumblr is very popular for artists.) There's competition galore and at some point the migration from FB to something else will send FB into the dust bin of history.

And Trump and Lindell both said they were starting platforms.

Plenty of places. People shouldn't act like Twitter and FB and Youtube are the whole of the Internet.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Funny thing is, Trump still has just as many people supporting him now as he did when he was allowed to use facebook, if not more support. He can still put a rally together that draws more people than all of Jo'Mala's combined. All facebook did is show the people their true intentions. Everybody who's anybody knows that Trump didn't incite violence of any sort. If he'd done that then this country would have been in ruins. I also find it very hypocritical that people like Maxine Water, Nancy Pelosi, Kamala Harris, and Joe Biden are still allowed on social media sites even though their words have caused actual violence.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Thanks for the Good news!

Noone of Trump's influence and stature should be reliant upon a liberal-owned communications platform.

He should find out who owns his cell-phone company and make adjustments there, if necessary.

edit on 5/5/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Our company got off twitter it just seemed a bunch of whiners and complainers. We could do no good so it's gone and a few people lost their jobs. The corporation is much better for it. I believe facebook will be next just a huge amount of people talking bad because they can. Another platform no matter what we say or do we get #t on. Not worth the effort.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join