It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan May Remember Jen. Granholm --Well She's Back

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on May, 4 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   
www.michigancapitolconfidential.com...

Here's a short trip down memory lane, to remind us of all the great stuff the former Michigan governor did for the state. /s

Granholm’s comments echo claims she made as Michigan’s governor from 2003 through 2010 about how giving subsidies to alternative energy promoters would create jobs and grow the state economy.

It never happened. Granholm boasts of making Michigan the “clean energy capital of North America” never came close, and the subsidies she promoted did nothing to reverse job losses inflicted by a one-state recession and the subsequent worldwide financial crisis of the 2000s. There were 596,000 fewer in jobs in Michigan after Granholm’s eight years in office. Michigan had the nation’s highest unemployment rate from April 2006 through May 2010.

And all that the former governor promised, and then failed, the state....well, get ready America....Granholm is the US Secretary of Energy.
All that she did to Michigan and California....she now wants to do to America.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I remember Granholm well, she messed up the economy here pretty well, she also signed some legal stuff so people cannot sue Pharma companies and Doctors in Michigan. Basically, it protects pharma companies. Sounds like this is going to be the agenda of the feds now...Granholm BSed us it would keep insurance costs down yet it never did that at all. Compared to other states our insurance costs went up after she pushed that through right before she left office. After she was done in Michigan she got a prestigious job at Dow....a company that has a corporation that makes chemicals for Pharma companies. She was on the board of directors. I know, just a coincidence. Politicians often go off to make megabucks off of corporations after they leave office.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 10:27 PM
link   
We had two female governors in Michigan and they both sucked. I know there are good women out there that could be governor, but it seems that only the bad ones run for office.

+2 more 
posted on May, 4 2021 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

As someone who once had a business in the Oil industry for almost 20 years and now refuses to work in it under our current administration...

Let them do everything they want.

Every outlandish scheme, every over the rainbow "Green" new deal...

Let them do ALL of it, all at once, 30 years before it is technologically and economically possible.

Let's face it.

Americans haven't really had to deal with a real "misery index" since Carter.

Fat and soft and complacent and willing to be led...

Let's let them go to their own slaughter.

Simply because we told them so and I am tired of arguing about it.

Let's allow the Progressive "Dream" to come true.

And see where we are as a nation afterwards.

/rant

edit on 4-5-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 10:32 PM
link   

People really need to be more aware of the construct of the USA. The youth nowadays scare me with what they've been taught. The ones that want to push this authoritarian mindset and principles on us, well they've succeeded unfortunately. They even took a page straight out of the nazi handbook.

Change the education, change a generation.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   
She looks as if she's never worked a day with her barehands.

But now she's going to save us all with idealistic views and half assed promises... eh

let stop paying taxes.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
She looks as if she's never worked a day with her barehands.

But now she's going to save us all with idealistic views and half assed promises... eh

let stop paying taxes.

Small business owners until recently employed over 70% of everyone in America.

That figure is trending down now that big businesses are allowed to stay open and small businesses forced closed...

So what does Big Government need to do if they lose 70% of their tax revenues?

Make Big Tech and Big Pharma and Walmart and Johnson&Johnson employ everyone, of course...

You know, the companies spending so much money on the Democratic party.

Maybe in the near future we will only have one large tech company, one large store, one large restaurant chain...

Since there will be few names left but they are too many to list, we could just call them one thing.

An Umbrella Corporation, of sorts.

edit on 4-5-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Lawd , you folks in Michigan sure can pick 'em .
The Wolverines were my favorite NCAA team since the 70s .
I used to go to see em in the "Big House" especially against "Little Brother" .
Never again.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

“Competition is a Sin!” — John D. Rockefeller

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I used to think that women could make a positive difference in politics, would/could be better.
I now have a list that proves my hope ill-conceived.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I don't know that I would call it education, so much as indoctrination.
But, yes, you are correct.
Marxism, Cloward-Pliven.
Hardly the kind of learning needed to keep this Republic on an even keel.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: rickymouse

I used to think that women could make a positive difference in politics, would/could be better.
I now have a list that proves my hope ill-conceived.

Candace Owens for President.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Lumenari

“Competition is a Sin!” — John D. Rockefeller

Someone "gets" it...

Welcome to our new Corpocracy.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 03:00 AM
link   

the notion that women could bring anything diffrent to the table than man is sexist...

It is nice how experiences can change such notions

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I remember Granholm well, she messed up the economy here pretty well, she also signed some legal stuff so people cannot sue Pharma companies and Doctors in Michigan. Basically, it protects pharma companies. Sounds like this is going to be the agenda of the feds now...Granholm BSed us it would keep insurance costs down yet it never did that at all. Compared to other states our insurance costs went up after she pushed that through right before she left office. After she was done in Michigan she got a prestigious job at Dow....a company that has a corporation that makes chemicals for Pharma companies. She was on the board of directors. I know, just a coincidence. Politicians often go off to make megabucks off of corporations after they leave office.

Keep in mind that the infamous tax hike was for the children and their futures. At least Michigan led and leads the nation in single state economic depressions, unemployment, stupid highway design, high insurance and many other areas that former governors can talk about on opposite day. Which falls on any day ending in Y.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Never again.

The most over-rated football team in the history of the NCAA, with the possible exception of Notre Dame and UCLA.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   
When I think of Jennifer Grandmole 2 things come to mind - (Other than her utter failure at leading anything)

Canadian Trash

&

Wonder what her Hubby is up to ?
FLASHBACK 2006 - The Governor's Hubby: Daniel Granholm Mulhern

edit on 552021 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Gothmog

Never again.

The most over-rated football team in the history of the NCAA, with the possible exception of Notre Dame and UCLA.

Wolverines dominated back my day .

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

The youth nowadays scare me with what they've been taught.

Yes - but...

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Dominant teams come and go. The Big Ten used to be referred to as "The Big 2, Little 8" because it was either Michigan or that school to the South that would win the B1G. So "in the history of the NCAA" is a far cry from reality...UCLA and USC were powerhouses for a time, ass was Nebraska and Tenn.
Greatness ebbs and flows in college sports over the decades.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join