It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force flight in Mideast uses call sign ‘Pickle Rick’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Air Force flight in Mideast uses call sign ‘Pickle Rick’ in apparent nod to ‘Rick and Morty’

An Air Force KC-10 Extender that flew out of Al-Dhafra Air Base in the United Arab Emirates on Sunday used the call sign “PIKLRICK” on a mission that saw it fly east over the Gulf of Oman, according to flight-tracking data. The KC-10A is an aircraft that refuels warplanes in flight.

Sounds like someone was having a bit of fun. Too bad the Air Force told them to knock it off.

How often does this sort of thing happen and it go unnoticed? Or are they supposed to stick with certain call signs?

I did a little google fu and found the flight on flightaware.

Flight Aware PIKLRICK

Enjoy.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Lmao well played here 🤣

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I love Rick and Mortey first of all so bonus points for the call sign...but I can't ignore the irony that in military aviation Pickle was a term used for calling out that you've dropped some bombs! So all around solid call sign and the air force needs to lighten up lol!

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Danny Trejo is the best part of that episode

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Solenya...

Was there another call sign like "Jaguar" around?

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   
There are a lot of really odd, but oddly fitting callsigns flying around. Not necessarily from Rick and Morty, but still appropriate to the aircraft. I see at least three or four weird ones a day.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
There are a lot of really odd, but oddly fitting callsigns flying around. Not necessarily from Rick and Morty, but still appropriate to the aircraft. I see at least three or four weird ones a day.

Here's an old one...

E-4B Nightwatch with Emperor Palpatine's star wars "order 66". I had to get a screenshot.

Notables are Vader, Anakin, Eddie, Hagar, Club 22, Quake, Doom.... big list, but certain bases tend to use them repeatedly.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 09:57 PM
link   
My all time ADS-B favorites was TATER 1 and 2 out of Wichita in T-38s mixing it up with some F-16s from Louisiana or Mississippi, both of those guys stayed on those Falcons for nearly 30 minutes before breaking off.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

I've seen HEFTY, UHAUL, FRED, NASCAR, BULLY, EMPTY, XRAY, BLCKWFE, SUMO, MOOSE and a bunch of others.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Just a bit ago, not racist... but if you didn't know what a Chinook was.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Brand new or refurbished CH-47 out of Mesa.

posted on May, 11 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
There's currently a C-5 circuit bashing with the callsign WOOHOO35.

new topics

top topics

join