It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas shortages or mentally pacifying people?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: JAGStorm

You can't blame Trump for what Biden did.

It's dishonest.

No I'm not, but in the end the consumer pays more for gas based on both of their actions.

*looks around*

Ummm. . . Trump's not president. . . .

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   

It's dishonest.

No I'm not, but in the end the consumer pays more for gas based on both of their actions.

*looks around*

We all know that things don't just magically change when a new president takes office. That applies to both the good and bad.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
automate it already

I'm ready, baptism by fire!!

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Canceling Keystone?

Suspending leasing?

Those happened as soon as Uncle Joe was installed and the markets reacted.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

It's dishonest.

*looks around*

We all know that things don't just magically change when a new president takes office. That applies to both the good and bad.

Oh hell no.

As soon as Trump took office, he owned everything according to the left.

Now that your Biden is in office, we're blaming previous administrations?

What the hell ever happened to, "the buck stops here!"?

Biden owns this crap.
His voters own this crap.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   

between 40,000 and 60,000 truck drivers are no longer able to drive because of a new federal program that identified their history of prior drug or alcohol violations, which went online in January 2020.

Truck drivers do drugs? Oh my i never would have thought...

I don't think I've met a truck driver that isn't isn't coked out when they show up.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Jag, hate to break it to you, but yea.....its a shortage of drivers. Used to do long haul back in the day. Problem is that Gasoline Delivery drivers have to have special haz mat training and certification to drive tankers. Other problem is, practically anyone who might want to drive a tanker cant pass the drug test...over and over and over again. So yea, there's been a shortage of drivers growing over the last 7 years or so and now its hitting a critical point.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Are there not enough delivery drivers because they have to truck everything now that pipelines are shutting down...and they need a lot more drivers?
Or are there just fewer drivers who qualify to drive hazardous materials? Or pass drug tests?

What I read last night didn't seem to address the reason.

I have noticed gas is about 0.50 - 0.60 more for gallon that last week.
Unless it went up again today after we passed the station.
Over $3.00 per gallon now.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I listened to this on NPR yesterday, thinking ohh here we go again. TP shortage was pushed, now gas. There is no shortage of drivers. They are pushing for electric vehicles period. Chevy and Ford are going to introduce a 400 mile electric truck in a couple years. Grab your wallets because they are going to force you into debt for an electric POV.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Oh, it won't be due to lack of drivers.
It will be due to China in the Middle East, and our lovely president.

And with the cost of everything else going up?

Thank you Biden.

Biden hasn't been in office for long enough, you're still living under Trump's policies and economy.

Trump had the same. For the first year of his presidency he was picking up from where Obama left off.

A president can't enact change that quickly.

Biden did already sabotage the economy with his DOZENS of executive orders repealing Trump policies.

Killed the oil sector, to pacify ignorant greenleftocommunists

And now you try to blame Trump.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Honestly the whole drug test failure thing is prevalent across the whole spectrum of businesses not being able to hire. More people are smoking weed and doing other drugs, and more people are failing drug tests.

Honestly, I think if you can't pass a drug test it shows a lack of responsibility. It's not that I have anything against drugs, but if a person can't refrain from doing them long enough to pass a drug test, then to me that shows a lack of priorities.

I saw it doing retail, in security, and higher technical jobs.

It's just asinine. Like why would anyone with any common sense apply to a job that has you carrying a gun and having to be able to interact with people, or operating machinery that can seriously injure or kill someone knowing full well that you're high all the time and not going to pass a piss test?

I wouldn't even be mad at someone using fake piss. Then, at least their smart enough to fake it, but it still puts doubt in my mind that they are going to ignore safety precautions and get someone hurt or killed or be a liability.

And if someone is going to do drugs at least show some self-restraint and hold off long enough to be able to pass a drug test. Then, as long as you do it on the weekends or a day when you don't have to work the next day.

But whatever, I'm surprised there hasn't been a bigger push to do away with testing saying that it's unfair or discriminatory.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies
I think you need to go through all his actions step by step and explain how they did not cause this problem.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 01:56 AM
link   

a reply to: Guyfriday

They got what hey voted for.

We did try to warn them.

I've no issues, I voted for Trump.

Imagine still beliving presidents actually do something that comes from them instead of coming from the agenda of The Overlords.
Trump followed the script he was supposed to follow. Puppet Biden is now doing the same thing. They both love the jabs.

Trump's script only helped further the jab agenda through Operation Warpspeed and by calling it "100 safe" and "a miracle." But right, only Creepy Joe can be the evil being and only one political wing can be the one that's f##ked. You all love to ignore the very real possibility that they ALL belong to the same party/club.
edit on 5-5-2021 by DarkestConspiracyMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I think ATS looked at this awhile back, but there is a glut of tankers parked off shore waiting to get offloaded, so it aint a supply problem. It MIGHT be a refining issue but I doubt it. This is artificial to make up for lost profits during the shutdowns. SAme thing is happening in the UK.

I cannot find a date on the first one but it shows the backlogs of ships anchored.
fingfx.thomsonreuters.com...

www.freightwaves.com...

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DarkestConspiracyMoon

I'm a firm believer of the Constitution and freedom.

Anyone who embraces an ideology (like the left) contrary to that I will consider evil.

If republicans and conservatives adopt similar beliefs that the evil left embraces, I will consider them evil as well.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

From day one, I had both Tanker and Haz Mat endorsements. And was even a certified Haz Mat First Responder (which has zero to do with trucking)....I never hauled a drop. Never hauled a Haz Mat load that required placards either. So I didn’t renew the Haz Mat endorsement due to the $100 FBI background check that was an absolute nonsense money grab for the states and special agencies that did them. Kinda like the E-Check scam.

Of course all this is why I have a file with DHS, FBI, CIA, Interpol and RCMP. Other agencies like NSA have their reasons for a file as well. None of which are due to ATS, despite what some people think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join