It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas shortages or mentally pacifying people?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
www.caranddriver.com...

In yet another twist, this summer could see a shortage of gasoline because there aren't enough delivery drivers.

Will there really be a gas shortage, or are they trying to soften the blow of much higher gas prices.
If people kept being told they might run out of gas, they won't complain as much as they are paying sky high prices.

between 40,000 and 60,000 truck drivers are no longer able to drive because of a new federal program that identified their history of prior drug or alcohol violations, which went online in January 2020.

If the true problem is truck drivers (which I really don't think it is, but nice fall guy) this federal program is as dumb as it gets!
Or is this a way to usher in the change to the need for drones or self driving trucks?
Who knows, all I know change is coming and it's coming fast!

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to: JAGStorm

We drive for a living (RV camper transport)
I can assure you, truck drivers are some of the safest and nicest drives on the road
given how rude and totally an aware of their surroundings as the average driver is

edit on 4-5-2021 by deadcatsrule because: lack of computer skills

edit on 4-5-2021 by deadcatsrule because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

There is no shortage of drivers. That’s ridiculous.

My brother is a trucker. They are all working every job they get.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Oh, it won't be due to lack of drivers.
It will be due to China in the Middle East, and our lovely president.

And with the cost of everything else going up?

Thank you Biden.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Yes the current fuel prices are killing our already small profit margin
due to the increase is pasted down to the drive so it comes right out of my pocket

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Oh, it won't be due to lack of drivers.
It will be due to China in the Middle East, and our lovely president.

And with the cost of everything else going up?

Thank you Biden.

Biden hasn't been in office for long enough, you're still living under Trump's policies and economy.

Trump had the same. For the first year of his presidency he was picking up from where Obama left off.

A president can't enact change that quickly.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I know a handful of truckers who haul different things and they all tell me the same thing.

That the prices are high because businesses are holding onto product and only shipping out a little at a time to drive up prices and to keep them there.

Last guy I spoke with was hauling limber and he said the place was packed full of lumber, but they were loading the trucks light.

Apparently the suppliers are telling retailers that there is a shortage or whatever, but that may not actually be the case.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This one of those threads where I just tell you to enjoy your vote. Now give it some more time and the prices of food and everything else will go up, while the value of your dollar goes down.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This also has many of the State Governors hands all over it. many states, like Washington State, have Governors that think higher gas prices will somehow fix the environment without effecting anything else.

In reality I believe that this higher gas price issue has more to do with just limiting people form moving around. Like how the lockdowns, and refusal of state government to fix infrastructure. It's not about the prices, it's about limiting movement of the common person.

When I heard that gas prices are going to need to come up, and gas companies are complaining big time through lobbyist about that, then I knew that something else was up. The gas companies need people driving in order to make money, and if prices are inflated too high then people will just stay at home this summer season. No money to the gas companies.

If gas prices are brought down, then more people travel, and the consumption of gas goes up. That means more money in the gas companies pockets.

The States and the weirdly excuses gas taxes that , at least in this state, nobody voted for but Inslee said he didn't care and was going to do it anyways, is the reason gas prices are so high. Oh and yes, Inslee really did say that even though the people of Washington voted down the gas tax, he was going to do it anyways because it's what's best for the people of Washington.

+1 more 
posted on May, 4 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Say hello to Biden's 80+ executive orders within the first 2 weeks that rolled back significant portions of anything Trump managed.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   

This is what the anti-Trump, or pro-Biden voter wanted.

*shrugs*

edit on 4-5-2021 by DBCowboy because: I drink beer

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 11:57 AM
link   
$2.99 this morning up from $2.77 Monday and up from $1.81 At Christmas 2020. Gotta pay the bills for other people. Glad I don't pay for my fuel.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I know, right?

They want all oil production gone, so that we can all ride around on bikes.

"Hey dumb-butts, what do you think lubes those gears on break lines, makes the tires and break pads, or even allows you to sit on that seat.?" I guess they want us riding around on wooden bikes with wooden wheels, and we can all use our hemorrhoids' to cushion our butts.

I would say that those people need to wake up, but sometimes... I just don't think those people are right in the head.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
automate it already

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

They got what hey voted for.

We did try to warn them.

I've no issues, I voted for Trump.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Thanks for the laugh.....

As to the OP, what did you think was going to happen; when the public not only believes a nearly dead pedo got 80+million votes, a large percentage supports this authoritarian takeover...

Moreover; aren’t you in Australia? lol

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Is that true?
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If I recall, it's what Trump wanted too..

As I said in other posts, there really isn't a difference between Republicans and Democrats. They want us to believe there is. It really boils down to two groups, the 1% and everyone else. They don't care if we squabble amongst ourselves..
www.chicagotribune.com...

For decades, American presidents and American consumers have complained when oil prices rose and rejoiced when oil prices fell. But this week, President Donald Trump helped forge an agreement with Russia, Saudi Arabia and other oil-producing nations to raise prices by slashing production. Then he bragged about it.

“The big Oil Deal with OPEC Plus is done,” he tweeted. “This will save hundreds of thousands of energy jobs in the United States. I would like to thank and congratulate President Putin of Russia and King Salman of Saudi Arabia … Great deal for all!”

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   

You can't blame Trump for what Biden did.

It's dishonest.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You can't blame Trump for what Biden did.

It's dishonest.

No I'm not, but in the end the consumer pays more for gas based on both of their actions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join