It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colombia looking like Venezuela

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 4 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The situation looks dire here. Store shelves are all but barren. Massive line ups for gas. Violence. Vandalism.

The protests were sparked around a week ago due to a proposed reform which would have seen a massive 19% tax increase on everything that people buy.

The packed streets have subsided but the crime and strategic road blockades have continued. This has prevented the distribution of products and services, so here we are.

My wife is hoping that things return to normal in a few days, but I'm not so sure, as we all know the government never let's a crisis go to waste.

Most people aren't working right now. Even my virtual classes have been cancelled.

The military is stepping in. What's next? As if covid wasn't enough

Scary sh^t.

Im not bothering with links. If you are in to Spanish, google protestas en Colombia

Peace.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'm in Mexico. Wondering how long until stuff like that moves this way. Things seem pretty stable now, but it only takes one small spark to set things alight.

I'm actually trying to set up something of a bolt hole for the family in a small mountain town that has limited access from outside. I don't know if that will do much good in the long run, maybe just postpone the inevitable.

What I do know is that things seem more stable here than they do in the US.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   
In time, it will be like that all over the planet.
the people wish to be deceived; (therefore) let them be deceived

Stay safe!

edit on 4-5-2021 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

So sad and scary.

I hope things turn around for people soon.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
In time, it will be like that all over the planet.
the people wish to be deceived; (therefore) let them be deceived

Stay safe!

Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur,

That used to be my signature here on ATS. I'd forgotten it. Thank you for reminding me.

At some point, I recognize this for the reality and stopped giving a damn. Then I forgot and started to care again. I need to revert.

Again, thanks.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
I'm in Mexico. Wondering how long until stuff like that moves this way. Things seem pretty stable now, but it only takes one small spark to set things alight.

I'm actually trying to set up something of a bolt hole for the family in a small mountain town that has limited access from outside. I don't know if that will do much good in the long run, maybe just postpone the inevitable.

What I do know is that things seem more stable here than they do in the US.

Prepare while you still can.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

Colombia looks like Venezuela because of all the Venezuelans that crossed the border to Colombia. And most of them are not the cream of the crop. I live in south Florida and it's full of Venezuelans now, but most of these here are people that left Venezuela and brought their money with them. In other words, most of them are educated or business people. So sad about Colombia, I have made plans to retire there, but now I'm having second thoughts.
edit on 4-5-2021 by stelth2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join