It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jacques Vallee's new book pulled just before release

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2021 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
I have no idea what you mean by "genuine"

"Genuine" as in it is what it is purported to be - material retrieved from the wreckage of a crash site in San Antonio 1945.

It takes a hell of a theory to make it that and be identical to tail fins from wind pumps.

Don't have time to cross check or reference this at the moment but wasn't there some material dug up from an early "airship" crash site (the one where an occupant was supposedly buried ?) that also ended up being an aluminium part from a windmill ?

If my memory is correct then strange coincidence.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
Without knowing what is contained in this book it is probably prudent to wait for its release.

However, if an earth shattering scientific discovery had been made then I think a press release would have done the rounds and the mainstream media would have picked up on this. Something that would have guaranteed huge book sales too.

It's not a news event, it's a book promotion event. Vallee isn't helping a bit by publishing these books over the years getting believers closer to an "answer". It's only opinion no matter the dr., computer scientist, or astrophysicist title used. Just as Garry Nolan's opinion doesn't mean much without real unbiased study.

THIS is tiny in comparison to what would be reported of alien visitation. It's foolish to think otherwise with the naive believer mentality.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I see Trinity is now available, at least on the Kindle (not yet on my Nook) Reviews seem to be good, although according to them, there's no major reveal, but food for thought that may change the perception of some about the topic.

Anyone have a chance to read it yet?

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

At over $18 for the kindle version will pass. I am sure others can pull it apart. I tire of never ending secrets that many appear to peddle in the book industry many times over. One or two comments are not so positive but some are.

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I like Vallee's books. May be time to invest in a kindle, Nook doesn't always have the books I want. I hear Barnes and Noble stopped selling them, and will soon replace with a Lenova tablet reader

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   
- Confrontations: A Scientist's Search for Alien Contact
- Revelations: Alien Contact and Human Deception
- Messengers of Deception: UFO Contacts and Cults
- Wonders in the Sky: Unexplained Aerial Objects from Antiquity to Modern Times
- UFO Chronicles of the Soviet Union: A Cosmic Samizdat
- Challenge to Science - The UFO Enigma
- UFOs, the Psychic Solution
- Dimentions A Case Book of Alien

We can add:
- Trinity: The Best Kept Secret

According to Amazon reviews by people looking for answers, it seems to be yet another book filled with questions, not answers. The titles above by Vallee left us with the same. The promotion of something great through titles, but it falls short. If I were a diehard believer in the subject I'd be upset about these books or documentaries leading us on to believe this is going to be the game changer. All it does is further make it obvious that phenomenon has nothing much of value to give. These are supposed to be the highest degree of scientific study.
edit on 21-5-2021 by Ectoplasm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

P.T. Barnum would be proud

posted on May, 22 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

This does not hold water at all if you have had an experience of the phenomenon. It is accompanied (most of the time, especially when you have multiple sightings) by high strangeness. It is not merely a visual thing.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Does this book involve the San Antonio 1945 ufo? Witnessed by rancher Jose Padilla and a B52 bomber.

Biden is opening a new investigation. Anyone know of any write up or video on this?

www.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Kevin Randle wasn't impressed with it...

... I haven’t even touched on the structure of the book. It is filled with oat meal. This is a writing term that refers to filling to make a story longer. Sure, I enjoyed reading about some of the history of the creation of the atomic bomb, but it has no relevance to this story. The fact that the first nuclear explosion took place at Trinity, not all that far from San Antonio means nothing… unless you believe that the aliens had been watching for that flash everyone talked about. Of course, you have to wonder where they were to have seen that and gotten here so quickly. It matters not what their technology can do, the speed of light is the limiting factor. Even if these aliens can exceed the speed of light, or bend the universe to allow interstellar flight, the flash of the bomb would only travel at the speed of light. If the aliens could detect such a flash against the backdrop of the sun and if it happened on the side of the planet facing them, the fastest they could have detected the explosion is about four years afterward, if they inhabited a planet in the Alpha Centuri star system. If they live in another star system, then their response would take even longer.

Ignoring that, we still have a book filled with a family history that does nothing to validate the story. It is a travelogue. It is a walk though some of UFOs greatest hits, many of which have little in the way of evidence to back them up. And even if these ancillary tales were all true, that does nothing to validate this particular story.

It is filled with a wonder of the events but little in the way of analysis. It tells the story of two boys who seemed to have been wise beyond their years, able to avoid the Army which failed at even the barest level of security. We are told of soldiers who were lazy, not picking up all the debris, but hiding from their superiors. That debris would still be there for UFO hunters to find except is now beyond recovery. Flood control projects that altered the terrain significantly and buried the debris under twenty or thirty feet of mud and dirt. No way to find it now.

This is certainly much longer than I anticipated, but we need to understand what we have here. It isn’t a scientific search for evidence but more of science fiction story told for entertainment. There is no physical evidence presented but talk of such evidence just out of our reach. There is no real attempt to validate the story or provide citation for the claims. It is a story that has borrowed elements from other tales in the hope it will be seen as corroboration rather than plagiarism. Oh, I don’t mean that either Vallee or Harris stole the story from others, only that the witnesses have been contaminated by decades of UFO tales written about, broadcast and even incorporated into movies. It is too bad that no one wrote anything down in a letter or a journal in 1945 or 46 but that’s just too much to hope for. Somehow the alleged evidence is never found and, in the end, we are left with a tale told by two old men, and one old woman, who said they experienced it as youngsters. 

Link

Vallee appears to have sold out.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Perhaps there is some plagiarism by Vallee and Harris based on what’s in Baca’s and Padilla’s own book which has been out-of-print for some time…..and so it is currently unavailable to compare and critique between Baca’s and Padilla’s own book and the Vallee and Harris book.

I would think the Baca and Padilla book would be more to the point……without the inflated with “who cares” stuff in the Trinity book as critiqued by Kevin Randle

Btw…..purported actual debris pieces……not the replica piece shown by Vallee in his interview with Knapp plugging the Trinity book.

👽
edit on 3-1-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I agree this wasn’t one of Valles's best works. I didn’t like the book at all, and it was filled with oatmeal indeed.

It didn’t excite my interest in the story, which was hard to believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join