It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico metro overpass collapses, killing 15 and injuring dozens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 04:31 AM
link   
In Mexico city a metro (train) overpass has collapses killing 20 and at least 50+ injured as the train fell and crushed cars below. Unfortunately there will be more injured and dead. youtu.be...

youtu.be...

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Lord almighty that just completely sucks.

Those poor people

edit on 4-5-2021 by Randyvine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   
All we can do is pray for these people.

It should never have happened as this was a new line so perhaps the builder of that overpass need's to be investigated.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

It should never have happened as this was a new line so perhaps the builder of that overpass need's to be investigated.

If there is an investigation, there will be a fall guy.
They don't have the same strict inspection/regulation down there that we have up here- so while the criminals profiteering off of our public works are making more money off a given project, down there the criminals who run things had to contract out to good friends and family... who inevitably cut corners to keep costs down and profits up.

The investigation, if any, will be run by the same people who set the project up to fail in the first place.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I assume the numbers will probably still go up more, but currently, they're saying at least 23 dead, and over 70 injured.

"A support beam gave way," Sheinbaum said, adding that the beam collapsed just as the train passed over it.

The accident happened on the metro's Line 12, the construction of which has been plagued by complaints and accusations of irregularities. According to Reuters, the line was built when Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard was mayor of the city.

"What happened today with the Metro is a terrible tragedy. My solidarity with the victims and their families," Ebrard said on Twitter. "The causes must be investigated and responsibilities defined. I reiterate I'm at the authorities' disposal to help in whatever is necessary."

www.usatoday.com...

edit on 5/4/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Indeed. The transoms casually laying on the pillars remind me how the World Trade Center was built. It may seem good enough on the paper but it's not even earthquake season yet.
I expect stuff properly shaking, being submerged and falling apart during the solar maximum in couple of years. I have no graphic to support the claim. There were M8 quakes, many 7 pointers but in the middle of nowhere, no tsunami and dead bodies everywhere. Seeing the statistic would be interesting. SuspiciousObservers have a graph showing the largest, deadliest quakes happening during major solar polar shifts. The data comes with a delay so it cant be predicted yet

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

Some great point's, the cartels run Mexico and the rich can literally get away with murder there so yes some poor sap will be made the scapegoat for that one.

The world trade centre at the time the twin towers were built was an innovative design but all the strength of those towers was in there skin as the core of the buildings had very little strength, still I believe the rumours on that one, there is no way they collapsed so perfectly neatly, so close in time and so absolutely the way they did, I also remember the man saying on the TV about the third building how he was stepping over the body's in the foyer BEFORE the collapse of that building which was suspicious though only in hindsight, there had been previous attempts to blow them up but they had failed and in fact they were very well built.

That is for other threads though and has been gone over many times before.

It kind of makes you despair for the people of Mexico that there nation is ruled by criminal's, most Mexicans are decent God fearing people as well but Drug's, Money and the biggest market place for those Drugs just to the north, it also makes you wonder if someone KEEP's then destabilized and just stable enough for some reason, perhaps control.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   

a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ
It kind of makes you despair for the people of Mexico that there nation is ruled by criminal's, most Mexicans are decent God fearing people as well but Drug's, Money and the biggest market place for those Drugs just to the north, it also makes you wonder if someone KEEP's then destabilized and just stable enough for some reason, perhaps control.

My friend, while this is true, you must realize that the same applies to most every nation.

The US is just as corrupt. There they just manage to put a better face on it - meaning the deception runs much deeper and people in the US have deep need to believe that all is wonderful, even if in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Mexicans are not ignorant of the corruption.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   

That new line was built 10 years ago.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   
That’s the thing about engineering.
It’s just like math: there are no lies.

This is just a hunch but I think the whole thing
needs demolished,
and reconstructed.
It’s not gonna work.
Simply retrofitting/reinforcing
is gonna be a hodgepodge mess.

I hope they know this and are able to find
the finest Mexican Mall Lawyers in all the land,
to aggressively champion this tack.

Garbage.

# 1396

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

Here's the thing - we're moving into an age where highly placed people are promoting the idea that even math is lies. This sort if thing will only happen more often.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Horrific. Prayers to those hurt and their families.

The worst video I've ever seen on the internet (and I've seen ALOT, I used to frequent LL).. was that bridge collapse video from Brazil around the time.kf the Olympics when they were building too fast and the bridge came down on that bus. That was really disturbing (the footage from Indy the bus that is)

new topics

top topics

join