It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chauvin Juror Lied, Attended BLM Rally in 2020

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

To be fair, if that were the case another trial would not be possible. Chauvin has the right to an appeal. The prosecution does not.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The thing is it's not just about a juror perjuring himself, it means there was a biased person on the jury which implicates not only himself but the rest of the jury, because he was in a position to influence the juries deliberation of the verdict. But that cannot be ascertained as it was a secret meeting, unless of course another juror comes forward with the evidence of what went on behind closed doors.
Some people on here are making light of his crime, but the jurors truthfulness is the absolute cornerstone of justice. He should be immediately arrested and made an example of. And because of the more public coverage of the trial and aftermath it is 100% sure Chauvin would never, never get a fair trial and as such he should be acquitted fully. Not retrial.
I don't know where you get the idea that the defence should have found out about him. Jurors stand up in court and answer (supposedly truthfully) and are questioned by the defence of this truth. Now the defence DO NOT have a bank of detectives looking into the background of all the jurors. Through the questioning the jurors are supposed to be truthful and the defence has to accept whether to trust the jurors fidelity or not. They are not psychic.
edit on 4-5-2021 by crayzeed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

To be fair, if that were the case another trial would not be possible. Chauvin has the right to an appeal. The prosecution does not.

The feds would then prosecute Chauvin same as they did with the Rodney King trio years ago...

Also, I believe that an acquittal can be reversed if the state can prove jury tampering or some manner of procedural jury issue (i.e. a perjuring juror) occurred in the trial prior to the acquittal. Obviously the system is geared towards the presumption of innocence and intends to extend protections to the accused for good reason... but at the end of the day if the system wants you in prison, they'll figure out how to put you there.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   

#Chauvindidn'tkillhimself

In all seriousness, the left needs Chauvin alive. He's the only real potential bad guy right now.

They tried the "Asian hate" and it bombed on them.

Seems all the left (the evil left) can do is perpetuate hate in one form or another.

Theirs is an ideology of hate.

Hatred for people who "damage" their climate.
Hatred for people of color who don't obey them.
Hatred of Asians and people who do well in school.
Hatred of white people, self-hatred.
Hatred of people who achieve great things.
Hatred of success.

Hmmpf. Might do a thread on the ideology of "hate" that the evil left has certainly embraced.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The defense chose to keep him after knowing he had a favorable opinion about BLM, but if he lied, he lied. If it works out and he can appeal and they over turn the verdict, the DOJ is still planning on charging the three cops with civil rights violations and I believe I read he had some IRS issues in regard to taxes and either claiming he lived in the other house in Florida or something.

Seems like court cases are in his future.
Business Insider

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Like I said, if the system wants you in prison, you'll find yourself in prison. The US "justice" system and convenient bypassing of the Constitution and its protections might actually be more grotesque than blatant fascism/communist systems in so much as the US system actually instills the defendant with hope... hope that is misplaced if the system is served more by your incarceration or infringement of Rights than by your freedom and security of those Rights.

At least fascist dictatorships are honest in openly telling their citizens that their individual Rights don't mean squat. The modern US screws you while looking you square in the eye and telling you it isn't touching you at all.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Has there been any mention of civil rights/hate crimes leveled at the disgusting pieces of garbage that have recently targeted Asian-Americans (and in particular elderly Asian-Americans) in vicious assaults, based on their ethnicity??

It's hard to follow the investigations and court cases for those criminal proceedings. Those stories receive a fraction of the coverage on MSM sources relative to alleged crimes involving white suspects, then they are swept under the rug and never mentioned again.

Odd.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   
You know the press is gonna keep this quiet.

Might come out on the third page a year from now, once everyone has forgotten. (Complete with a narrative explaining how this juror had been victimized, and couldn't help being a bad juror. )

........ but somehow I can't shake the feeling that this was part of the plan all along. Chauvin wasn't going to spend life in prison for doing what his handlers told him to do.

From day one, I've always predicted he's going to land a nice, easy, security job working for one of Soros' subsidiaries.

In all seriousness, the left needs Chauvin alive. He's the only real potential bad guy right now.

Seems all the left (the evil left) can do is perpetuate hate in one form or another.

Hatred of success.

Hmmpf. Might do a thread on the ideology of "hate" that the evil left has certainly embraced.

Hate sells.

Especially if you can package it in a way where it doesn't "count as" hate. Then the buyer gets all the personal validation that comes from hating, but without the self loathing that comes with seeing them self as a hater.

... or at least they think they will. Then start feeling icky inside and they don't know why. (Probably Trump's fault... if he were still in office....)

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Wow, this phrase keeps getting stuck in my head:

Black

LIES

Matter

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Same argument they used in court. "OMG people were filming it!"

That didn't work.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

All the racist B.S. is blowing up in the Left/Democrat's face.

Biden himself is turning out to be the most racist President American has ever had.

And, CBS News did a segment on how grocery store prices are increasing this year...just as many of us predicted.

Democrats see how racist their party leader is, and the inflation is capturing more of their attention and concern.

The idiots who stand at the microphone and try to drum up racial division and violence every week about (fill in the blank), are losing influence and power as the weeks pass.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Checking the news on this since this thread is hyping up the trial to be thrown out because a black man went to an MLK march, basically the Chauvin trial wasn't supposed to have a black American juror....but I came across this:

AP News

Mitchell, 31, acknowledged being at the event and that his uncle posted the photo, but said he doesn’t recall wearing or owning the shirt.

Only AP News has this detail...all the other news articles have no mention of this. I've been trying to find the T-Shirt or something remotely similar but I can't find anything, which makes me think this could be photoshopped.

All I could find was a scam company called pyfshop .com which you can buy a tee or hoodie labeled Chauvin Juror tee/hoodie, but it's missing a March on Washington emblem on the shirt that Brandon is wearing. Other than that, you can't find anything close to the shirt he's wearing.

If anyone can find a picture of someone wearing the same shirt, post a link. And his hat...

"A picture is being passed around on social media....." That statement alone sounds very suspect...

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Did every black American attend rallies in 2020 that featured family members of high profile thugs shot by police during commission of crimes with active lawsuits against cities and protests against police departments? Seems you have a very low opinion of black Americans, even a very racist opinion, if that's how challenging you believe finding impartial black jurors would be.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

thugs...a very low opinion of black Americans, even a very racist opinion.

Your own words...

Dodging my post the picture of Brandon Mitchell is photoshopped? That's a big conspiracy.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

Your own words...

Dodging my post the picture of Brandon Mitchell is photoshopped? That's a big conspiracy.

You spitballed a ridiculous theory while posting your racist views and low opinion of the impartiality of black Americans. I reckon any black American who didn't attend one of 2020's anti-police rallies "isn't black enough" in your twisted, hateful view of African Americans to qualify?

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This from CNN is being republished on most outlets:

In a statement to CNN, John Stiles, deputy chief of staff for Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison, said, "The court has already rejected many of these arguments and the State will vigorously oppose them."

Prosecution is seeking higher sentencing for Chauvin too. The other three officers' trial will be televised too, trial is in August. Chauvin's sentencing in June.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   

"Attorney makes public comments attempting to sway opinion towards his side"

Wow, who the hell saw that coming? From an AG with multiple accusations of domestic abuse and close ties to Louis Farrakhan, no less?

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Your own words...

If you have to chop-shop a statement together like that, when the original comment doesn't even have those strung together to begin with (different points within the comment as a whole) THEN YOU HAVE LOST THE ARGUMENT. You're resorting to cherry-picking, misrepresentation, and outright falsification in effort to look like you won. You fool, that's transparent as #. More people than you think back up & re-read, especially with someone as firm in their positions, and who minces no words, such as Burd. You screwed up here, what you tried to imply is NOT what he's known for.

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Hatred of success.

It's a wave of hate. And that is how the bible describes how angels and demons influence man.
The waves are just getting bigger and stronger. Wonder what that means?

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Checking the news on this since this thread is hyping up the trial to be thrown out because a black man went to an MLK march, basically the Chauvin trial wasn't supposed to have a black American juror....but I came across this:

AP News

Mitchell, 31, acknowledged being at the event and that his uncle posted the photo, but said he doesn’t recall wearing or owning the shirt.

Only AP News has this detail...all the other news articles have no mention of this. I've been trying to find the T-Shirt or something remotely similar but I can't find anything, which makes me think this could be photoshopped.

All I could find was a scam company called pyfshop .com which you can buy a tee or hoodie labeled Chauvin Juror tee/hoodie, but it's missing a March on Washington emblem on the shirt that Brandon is wearing. Other than that, you can't find anything close to the shirt he's wearing.

If anyone can find a picture of someone wearing the same shirt, post a link. And his hat...

"A picture is being passed around on social media....." That statement alone sounds very suspect...

From the article :

Mitchell said he answered “no” to two questions about demonstrations on the questionnaire sent out before jury selection.

The first question asked: “Did you, or someone close to you, participate in any of the demonstrations or marches against police brutality that took place in Minneapolis after George Floyd’s death?” The second asked: “Other than what you have already described above, have you, or anyone close to you, participated in protests about police use of force or police brutality?”

For question 1 : it looks like the march he participated in was in Washington DC, not Minneapolis.

For question 2: .....

Mitchell told the Star Tribune that last summer’s protest was “100% not” a march for Floyd.

“It was directly related to MLK’s March on Washington from the ’60s … The date of the March on Washington is the date … It was literally called the anniversary of the March on Washington,” he said.

So in other words, he did not believe the purpose of the march was about "police use of force or police brutality".

It's narrow, but it means he did not perjure himself, or intentionally deceive the court into letting him on the jury. He was truthful, at least in word, if not intent.

It's probably too thin for a mistrial.
edit on 5-5-2021 by bloodymarvelous because: quotes

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join