It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden-Anybody Making Less Than $400,000 a Year Will Not Pay a Single Penny in Taxes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Most Middle Class people pay plenty taxes. So you're way off the cliff again with the red herring bull# 😵‍💫

No they don't. Single ones? Sure. But middle class people with kids usually get a refund. Most middle class people have kids.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Most Middle Class people pay plenty taxes. So you're way off the cliff again with the red herring bull# 😵‍💫

No they don't. Single ones? Sure. But middle class people with kids usually get a refund. Most middle class people have kids.

Joe Biden is ensuring that they get a bigger refund if they have children. But upper-middle-class people, and higher, are having their taxes scrutinized by Biden's IRS going forward. He handed the agency an additional $2 Billion just for that purpose this year.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: IAMTAT

He was telling the truth. The people in that group will NOT pay a SINGLE penny in taxes. They will pay MOUNTAINS of pennies to the tune of thousand and thousands of dollars.

Most middle and low class people don't pay taxes now. Especially if they have kids. Their refund is bigger than what comes out of their paychecks. That will continue. But now people who are in the next tier of income will pay a little more. I'm fine with it.

Considering we have a kid and tax liability and aren't exactly middle class ... I'm not sure what you consider it to be.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Getting a refund does not mean you don't pay tax. It means you paid in too much tax and the IRS is giving you back the excess.

My God! Are people really this ignorant?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
You get paid money.

The government wants 30% back.

How about you just pay me 70%, keep the 30% from the start, so I don't have to sit in my office and cry, while stabbing myself with a pen for several hours, at the beginning of each fiscal year. Btw, you can abolish the IRS entirely, and save all that money.

When I look at what is taken out to include 401k I get only 53% of my gross per month. Add in 8% sales tax and that is over 60% before I actually see something I buy...lol geez

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Getting a refund does not mean you don't pay tax. It means you paid in too much tax and the IRS is giving you back the excess.

TheRedneck

I pay about 60k in fed and get back about 4k, so anyone that thinks my refund is free can kiss my ass... I have asked this many times, what should the cost be to be an American. Seems some pay a lot more than others...lol

edit on 3-5-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Probably meant won't pay a penny MORE in taxes.

A lie either way I'm sure.

This is what he meant, but it may be a lie.

BREAKING news! Old man misses one word in a sentence! Next up: covfefe is wet.

Do you consider sales tax a tax? When prices rise, you will be paying more sales tax, this includes all those poor folks who don't know how to get an ID or use the internet.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The crazy thing is, some people will actually claim less than they are entitled to and pay extra during the year just so they can get more "tax money" back at the end of the year. If they put that extra amount in an interest-bearing account, they would actually make money off it rather than letting the government borrow it interest-free. It's like they don't even look at that pay stub that explains in detail why they only get 60% or less of what they were promised.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   

a reply to: LordAhriman

TheRedneck

The answer to your question is, yes, people are that ignorant. All you have to do is simply be a “middle class” family and live your life and it becomes apparent within any given tax year that there is a net payment in taxes (not a net gain). People who propose that isn’t the case obviously haven’t lived it and are trying to find “studies” that “prove” what they want to be real.

They aren’t necessarily stupid but they are ignorant of the facts of life.

edit on 3-5-2021 by eluryh22 because: Correct spelling mistake

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I think that some people on the thread missed the basic economic premise of what Joe Biden said.

It may be a stretch but possible that people making under $400,000 a year will not pay more to the Federal government in taxes than they do under the current tax plan.

However.

Governmental and economic policies that double or triple the price you pay at the pump, double your energy bill, tack an extra 50% onto your grocery bill, raise the price of EVERY. SINGLE. THING. that you buy as you go about your life is not considered by our current government as a "tax".

So he may be correct.

Although if you work for a living in America you are still going to see a big spike in your misery index.

So yea.

For the average American?

You're F###ed.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I was told to just drop this meme off to you...

Think about it.

Oh wait...

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 12:31 AM
link   

The crazy thing is, some people will actually claim less than they are entitled to and pay extra during the year just so they can get more "tax money" back at the end of the year. If they put that extra amount in an interest-bearing account, they would actually make money off it rather than letting the government borrow it interest-free. It's like they don't even look at that pay stub that explains in detail why they only get 60% or less of what they were promised.

TheRedneck

What I get back is actually part of my bonus that is taxed at a very high rate, and I'm lazy to try and even it out, but its only 4k and I would rather get back 4k then write a 4k check...lol

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

He was telling the truth. The people in that group will NOT pay a SINGLE penny in taxes. They will pay MOUNTAINS of pennies to the tune of thousand and thousands of dollars.

Most middle and low class people don't pay taxes now. Especially if they have kids. Their refund is bigger than what comes out of their paychecks. That will continue. But now people who are in the next tier of income will pay a little more. I'm fine with it.

In which country ?
Here in the US , no one gets a refund larger than what they payed in .
That's the way taxes work here.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Cool, so no more state, local, gasoline, sales or capital gains taxes. Pardon mt while I laugh my ass off.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

Taxes are complicated and racist due to all that math involved.

You are so right.

Liberals and Democrats have declared math to be racist and a product of white supremacy.
money.cnn.com...

So next they will say it is racist for people of color to pay taxes because math is racist, doing taxes takes using a tool of white supremacy, and so have an exemption for paying taxes based on the amount of the hormone melanin in your body.

Under a certain amount of the hormone and you have to pay a white supremacy surcharge above your taxes even if you earn 20K a year.

But until you earn 400K a year if your melanin levels are high enough you don't have to pay taxes.

Once over 400K a year you are automatically privileged, like Tim Scott, whose great grandparents owned land as a black man, which made Scotts family, although very poor, privileged, and Scott an "oreo", according to Democratic politicians. www.foxnews.com... news.yahoo.com...

This could easily be the new and improved, Biden supporters voted for it, tax plan.

edit on 5/4/21 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   

This is just not true, and I am a perfect example. I'm definitely middle class, making less than $110K on a single income with a family of 4. Including SSA and Medicare taxes (yes, they are involuntary taxes, so they count), I paid right near $14,000 last year--I absolutely did not get more than $14,000 in refunds...I barely got more than $3,000.

Here are some graphics from the National Taxpayers Union Foundation that illustrate that, starting around a $45,000 household income level, the amount that someone is paying in federal taxes will overtake the average amount of refunds that they can generally expect:

That is a LOT of people who fall into that category, so saying that "[m]ost middle ... class people don't pay taxes now" is flat-out wrong. Depending on who you ask, the middle-class household income tops out anywhere from around $105K up to $400K (generally it is agreed upon to be somewhere between $130K and $200K). I guarantee you that MOST of these households do not get a return that is more than what they paid annually in taxes.

EDIT: Wow, and then you move the goalposts to try and be correct:

... middle class people with kids usually get a refund. Most middle class people have kids.

There's a huge difference in "getting a refund" and your original claim that "most" middle-class people get a refund that is more than what they paid. Don't move the goalposts when your original statement is obviously and plainly false. You're not using math correctly.

edit on 4-5-2021 by SlapMonkey because: Jermaine Jackson prefers Romaine lettuce to Iceberg...that's the word on the street, anyhow.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yes sir. As Dave Ramsey correctly states over and over again, your goal should be to owe nothing and receive nothing at the end of the year when doing your taxes.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
No taxes but lots of new fees.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   
There should be a movement to make this a verbal contract with the people.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I went a few years without paying federal income tax once. No one came after me.
edit on 452021 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join