It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF the UaPs are actually E.T, will we have to protect them from certain religious factions?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I'm not sure about all Christian sects, but the Catholic Church says the presences if ET life can be consistent with their faith.

What would alien life mean for Catholicism? The Vatican’s chief astronomer explains.

Some Protestant faiths are also very open to the possibility of intelligent life elsewhere, and Mormons and Seventh Day Adventists fully embrace it.

Having said that, I'd think some Fundamentalist Christians and Evangelicals would have a harder time accepting it.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

Seriously? These beings have evaded capture throughout man's entire existence and you wonder if they will need our protection some day? That's funny!

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555
a reply to: The2Billies

Thanks for your reply

Still though there was a cover up, apparently partly having to do with the belief that Christians wouldn't be able to accept an E.T narrative,

I read that the one high ranking officer asked the Whistle blower whether or not he'd read his bible lately and to "shut it" pretty much

-btw the whistle blower had read his bible..Just saying things were and still are prickly..

Actually, it's just the opposite. It's the unreligious and those who lack faith in the spiritual that will never be able to accept that these beings could be spiritual in nature. Christians know and understand this. The Bible even backs that up.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Actually, it's just the opposite. It's the unreligious and those who lack faith in the spiritual that will never be able to accept that these beings could be spiritual in nature. Christians know and understand this. The Bible even backs that up.

If there were suddenly widely accepted undeniable proof that Extraterrestrials are in fact here, I think many MANY people would probably be second-guessing their current beliefs, regardless of what their current faith is.(or lack thereof)

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: johnthejedi24

I know enough from talking to them online,

Thanks.
You have just proven me correct with that one statement.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 06:57 AM
link   

You think you need to protect them from Christians?

You should be worried about Sigourney weaver?

She's down with that program

BTW I don't think Christians would be out to kill demons or aliens
or even mosquitos. So there's that!
edit on 4-5-2021 by Randyvine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

originally posted by: Deetermined

If there were suddenly widely accepted undeniable proof that Extraterrestrials are in fact here, I think many MANY people would probably be second-guessing their current beliefs, regardless of what their current faith is.(or lack thereof.

That's always going to work both ways to some degree, but I wouldn't worry about it until someone captures an E.T. It's the same reason no one has been able to capture Bigfoot, which is always spotted on the ground, but amazingly can't be cornered. Those are the things you're better off contemplating, until given another reason.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnthejedi24

originally posted by: The2Billies

originally posted by: canucks555
I've been reading a few stories having to do with why the U.S government didn't come clean on what they knew/know about U.F.Os, and still haven't.
Basically these people are saying that the traditional American Republican, especially in the 50s/60s, were very Christian and that the military was under control of Bible following folks. For the most part.
These folks believe in God and also believe in Demons. We've talked about this in a recent thread but I was thinking that if there are many, many, many people who would look upon ET as a demonic, evil threat, when they, in fact, were not, how can we protect them?
At the end of the day no one knows what the hell they are.. but let's say they are E.T.
Would non religious folks have to defend these creatures from the Bible folks? Kinda like the book/movie Contact where the religious fanatic blew up the machine..?
Problem being that even if they were proven to be E.T, some folks wouldn't believe it...They'd be hostile towards the aliens, even if the aliens came in peace...
Are there any bible folks here that would welcome E.T?
Or would the scientists types have to segregate them from the hostile, Christ loving mob?

*All theory of course, everything we're being told about UAPs could be bunk..Maybe Swamp Geeses..

Wow talk about a Christophobic post!

As a Christian, and 50 year military child/spouse. I can tell you that you are way off base.

We aren't so ignorant and parochial as to think that God would only create one single world and we are the only ones in the entire galaxy. That is ludicrous.

Every Christian I know is perfectly ok with the idea of ET's. It is not inconsistent with Christianity at all.

Even Jesus as savior for our world but not other worlds, is not inconsistent with Christianity. If God would send a savior to our world, why wouldn't he do the same for other worlds He created. There is absolutely no inconsistency there at all with being a Christian. On other planets they may be called something else entirely but with the same basic moral code of the greatest commandment "to love your neighbor as yourself."

One would have to be terrified of Christians and Christianity to make the leap that "bible believers" would freak out if ET were "discovered". One would have to misunderstand the basis of Christianity, belief in God. If God is all powerful, then there is no reason at all to believe that we are alone in the universe or that there being people on other planets is against religious beliefs.

We’re not talking about Catholics or normal everyday Christianity here, we’re talking about fire and brimstone evangelical fundamentalist Christians, Young Earth Creationists, and biblical literalists who take their religion to the extreme.

There aren't that many of them for the government to worry about. It's like saying because ANTIFA would freak out totally because ..... was reveiled we must keep it a total secret.

Massively more numbers of people once freaked out about the world revolving around the sun and the world being round. So what, they got over it. These days, if people believed the sun revolved around the earth which was flat, would it need to be kept a secret because some people would freak out. Heck no.

Whoever is keeping it a secret is doing it for totally other reasons than a handful of fringe religious people freaking out.

Perhaps ET is preparing the world for their totalitarian rule.

The newly arisen world wide woke cancel culture movement is one of deep totalitarian control of the populace. The insistence that people must keep adhering to COVID rules after the vaccine is widely available is one of extreme totalitarian control of the populace.

Perhaps ET is working with China to create the perfect 24/7 down to the cellular level control of the masses. That would be a far more likely scenario than being afraid of a statistically insignificant handful of "off the deep end" fringe weirdos that don't truly represent the vast majority of Christians at all.

edit on 5/4/21 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This is not true for all of us
a reply to: Klassified

edit on 4-5-2021 by deadcatsrule because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2021 by deadcatsrule because: lack of computer skills

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadcatsrule

This is not true for all of us
a reply to: Klassified

Which is why I said...

I'm not saying they are the majority, but they do exist here and elsewhere, so his question is valid for at least a percentage of Christians, likely the more fundamentalist denominations.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: network dude

I agree to an extent. But why to you think secrets are being kept Dude?
Someone found a way to gain money or power from it. Greed fits occams razor quite well.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Im going to both agree and disagree with you.

I was raised Roman Catholic, but if Im being honest with myself, Im more of the Christmas/Easter Catholic. Although I have been going to mass regularly lately in support of the new pope and the churches new direction (I think they are fixing their mistakes).

My girlfriend however is a VERY devoted Pentecostal, who routinely goes on missions.

She is extremely intelligent and routinely challenges church doctrine vs. Personal relationship with God, and therefore she, most of the time doesnt get all wild and looney like many of the Pentecostals/Charismatics/Evangelicals.

I have asked her about how she views the existence of ET and if it challenges her faith. She said "No".. "Why would it? God created the heavens, the earth, the entire universe. Man was just one of his many creations, theres nothing in "The Word" saying god didnt create beings on other planets." She also said that "God" isnt necessarily the only "god", "he" is the one "true" god. there may be other lesser gods, created by him.. the bible even references other "gods." Shes a smart cookie, my only problem with it is she relies on the Bible a bit too much (personally, I think since it has touched the hands of man, over centuries of telephone, interpretation, and book selection it is a bit corrupted).

Other people however though in her church, I could definitely see reacting negatively to the appearance of ET's. Alot of these people are obsessed with the concept of "spiritual warfare." They talk about it all the time. The appearance of ET's to them could easily be misconstrued to them as the beginning of the end, the second coming, hellish beasts coming down from the skies etc. They will also probably go on about "false prophets" and liken them to temptation from satan "with their tech and knowledge" etc. To be honest its not a hard stone to jump to for these people.

I think many of the people in the more "strict" and "radical" protestant denominations will have serious issues with ET.

The vast majority of society hower I think will just have a hard time dealing with the fact that we would no longer be the Apex life. The inability to have full control would drive some people a bit wild.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

We might also need to protect them from radical atheists.

According to many many abductees and contactee the human looking aliens are deeply spiritual and their science has proved the existence of a higher power.

Radical atheists might feel threatened by a union of science and faith.

LOL, I’ve never seen modern day atheists be violent or aggressive physically towards religious people, some may get a bit edgy online, but that’s about it. We may not believe in god(s), but we don’t usually begrudge other people from belief, except to point out and ridicule when they use ridiculous reasoning and false info to try and prove their views.

Hell, I don’t believe in god, but I’ve read and watched enough weird stuff to think that there’s more to the universe then just physical processes.
edit on 4-5-2021 by johnthejedi24 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 08:42 PM
link   
well ain't this a nice bigoted anti-christian hate thread......

I happen to be one of those young earth creationist... and yes i believe in "aliens", yes they want to stay hidden and its because quiet a few of them DO wish us harm and it is much easier to steer humanity to it's destruction from the shadows.

And as a christian, i know better to try and go toe to toe agaisn't beings created a little higher than me on the totem pole.... that's even if i put aside the fact that mankind is still nothing better than knuckle dragging cave men when you consider the technology possessed by the rest of the universe.

The bible actually tells of beings from other worlds in the story of Job.... the story starts off with satan showing up at what is basically an interstellar meeting in heaven with all the leaders of the planets. Adam was created to be the leader of our planet...but long had died, leaving satan, the leader of the rebellion against God's government, to claim our planet.
The ET's are refered to as demons in the bible, they are merely beings from an eternal civilization that we have no idea how long it has existed or how advanced it is.... but we know travel from heaven to earth is accomplished in the time daniel said a fairly long winded prayer... and that God can teleport people from one city to another instantly(recorded by the apostls in Acts).

1/3 of the beings from heaven fell to the lies and deceptions of satans rebellion. Adam and eve were the only beings on one of the many planets to fall, the rest of the universe has been watching this experiment with sin play out(no doubt they think we have all lost our minds). some of these beings only wish to live out their lives and wish us no Ill will.... but there is a very large group that would kill us in a heartbeat if they could. The reason why is in the Hebrew where God told Adam and eve to "be fruitful and multiply"... the Hebrew has an extra connotation which is "to replace what i lost".
From the get go, mankind was to replace the 1/3 who deserted their positions in heaven... and just like a union worker who would beat up scabs crossing the work line, these beings who now know they will face the death penalty for their crimes against God's government want to kill and destroy all who could potentially replace them.

You can hate on this story all you want, the devil will make his appearance soon(i'm thinking within the next 10 years seeing as how the pope who is the antichrist has already proposed the mark of the beast under climate change) claiming he is Jesus/budda/allah ect... to unite all religions under him.

If you think the last 5 years have been crazy, wait till you see the next 5.... buckle up folks, this ride is gonna get nasty.
edit on 4-5-2021 by teddyvetter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Im a non religious Bible folk....more a follower of christ consciousness than any type of denominational christian....

I would accept the aliens if they are against our government...

Also I don't think we would be much of a threat to them anyway.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 09:00 PM
link   
You can hate on this story all you want, t

~Nope and thanks you for your input
That's why the thread was created. I can't stand an echo chamber.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I don't think it has much to do with religions. The military back in the day was heavily Christian because the general population was. Honestly though, I don't think much of the general public can handle it rationally. Most people's minds would dismiss even a full contact experience as a hazy memory after a few days and they would go on without fully grasping the magnitude of such a thing. More of a "That was weird" takeaway while looking back at their instagram feed.

As long as they aren't trying to take over cities and enslave the human race in an overt way, world "leaders" don't want a bunch of people getting along too cozily with the idea that they (their "leaders") are just peons. There is a lot of power to be lost or put at risk with any full admission. Whole segments of society could go all antifa and create weird new cults. As long as the ETs are good with that arrangement, the power players are probably unlikely to see any advantage to proper disclosure -- way too much uncertainty.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Your post smacks of liberal agenda - nice nod to the "old white religious republicans".

It is not out of fear for the lives of the aliens that religion is brought into context in the theater of alien confirmation. It is the idea that many people of deep religious belief, especially those of a mono-theistic theme, would have their core values shaken by the existence of aliens from other planets. Think about it. The Bible, just as most other religious texts, has a lot to say about the beginning of, well, everything. Nothing in there about life on other planets though. That is one big cannoli to overlook. So the bottom falls out of organized religion and a whole lot of people, not just old white republicans, are left feeling like everything they believed in was a lie. Sort of like when obama was POTUS. That doesn't send them to the shed to get torches and pitchforks. It sends them into despair and confusion if anything. More likely cognitive dissonance and nothing much comes of it until it all settles down a bit.

It is supremely liberal to think that because aliens are from somewhere else they need your help. Moreso, that you are in a position to help them in the first place. (You aren't throwing my tax dollars at those filthy green freeloaders. Maybe the blue ones, but definitely not the green ones.) Aliens that could get here are probably quite a bit more advanced than we are. It follows to reason their weapons are more advanced also. We are the the pea shooter, they are the hand cannon. We are the ones that will need help.

We won't get it.
edit on 4-5-2021 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Yeah the superior woke humans might need to save the aliens from themselves and white people because of racism.....

Smh
edit on 4-5-2021 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Indeed. Good point Dude. That answer fit's the speculative veil very well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join