It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF the UaPs are actually E.T, will we have to protect them from certain religious factions?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I've been reading a few stories having to do with why the U.S government didn't come clean on what they knew/know about U.F.Os, and still haven't.
Basically these people are saying that the traditional American Republican, especially in the 50s/60s, were very Christian and that the military was under control of Bible following folks. For the most part.
These folks believe in God and also believe in Demons. We've talked about this in a recent thread but I was thinking that if there are many, many, many people who would look upon ET as a demonic, evil threat, when they, in fact, were not, how can we protect them?
At the end of the day no one knows what the hell they are.. but let's say they are E.T.
Would non religious folks have to defend these creatures from the Bible folks? Kinda like the book/movie Contact where the religious fanatic blew up the machine..?
Problem being that even if they were proven to be E.T, some folks wouldn't believe it...They'd be hostile towards the aliens, even if the aliens came in peace...
Are there any bible folks here that would welcome E.T?
Or would the scientists types have to segregate them from the hostile, Christ loving mob?

*All theory of course, everything we're being told about UAPs could be bunk..Maybe Swamp Geeses..

edit on 3-5-2021 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

Nothing scarier than the Canadian Swamp Goose.

That being said, I think the religious fear would come from the religious leaders more than Christian believers as a whole. Because belief can equal control and if they lose control, they lose $$$.

I think most "Christians" who are just part of the flock would be in awe just like the rest of the world, and they'd quickly fit the alien narrative into their belief systems, paving way for new religious leaders to capitalize.

+2 more 
posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Imagine the cosmic irony of super intelligent and peaceful aliens arriving here wishing to make contact but they look like spiders.

I mean, we would have to kill them that's all there is to it.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   

When faced with reality, opinions will be forced to change. ET being real doesn’t negate God, only adds more to the story. But if you believe this is why secrets were kept, you deserve to live with that size mind.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   

If, that is IF there are aliens I would suppose that they would not need protection. If there are aliens then they have been hiding out for a long time now, right? Slowly allowing human consciousness to develop to the point where acceptance of our place in a broader galactic situation could be acceptable. I don't think that that point has yet been reached, hence they continue to hide in the clouds and whatever.

Were there to be definitive contact, an across the board contact, one that would make it clear then I still do not think they would need to be protected. I can only imagine they could protect themselves well enough.

I think the staunch belief that they would be demons would be pushed from the pulpits and the disruption to society in general could be killer to the GDP and other social balances.

Heck, it's hard enough for me to deal with finding a green cigarette lighter when I was sure I left my purple lighter in that exact same spot.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that hypothetical space faring/interdimensional beings with exponentially more advanced technology wouldn't have to worry about certain religious factions.

I'm sure they would be able to handle it.
edit on 352021 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I agree to an extent. But why to you think secrets are being kept Dude?

(post by panoz77 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Doesn't really make sense. Because in the tales of yore, even in the bible, the hierarchy of the religions were said to be taken up by things like chariots of fire, ascended to god by being taken to the heavens without dying, and so on so forth.

Why did it become that these godly beings became evil beings later on? Seems that a ship that could fly would be considered gods vessel to take them to heaven.

I feel that a race of beings that gained enough technology to fly throughout the galaxy would be of two types. They would probably be peaceful, but they also could be a race that overthrew the peaceful and took their technology. Because a civilization that worked together could get way farther than a civilization that killed each other off and destroyed the best technology or converted it to war machines. It is apparent that if these ETs exist they are not hostile nor are they a threat to us if we do not shoot at them first or act like a corrupt war like civilization that would be a threat to their existence. Whomever is building these UFOs and observing us does not appear to be a threat to us.

We do have a lot of people just disappear in this country every year, but I think most of them got killed by criminals they associated with or just tried to move away and not be found, they ran from their past. Maybe ETs are abducting some people to study them, but they seem to return them.

I would be more apt to believe that the reality we live in is not actually real. Seems like consensus of the time creates our reality and we have been conditioned to believe in what society wants us to believe, with the governments of the world choosing how the reality is played out. Angels would be the Authors of this reality if they exist, beings of energy with a frequency that we cannot fathom who influence us to do things like a director and writer instruct the actors of a movie.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I would have to imagine that any creature with the prerequisite space faring technology wouldn't need our protection, particularly from elements of our own species.
Any threat would most likely be to us posed by extraterrestrial retaliation in response to a failed human attempt to attack them. In which case, they could either return fire or simply depart leaving the violent monkey-things to their fate.
Both options - annihilation or utter abandonment - are grim, but at least the second option holds some hope, even if bleak.
But, I barely graduated high school so what the hell do I know?

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: network dude

I agree to an extent. But why to you think secrets are being kept Dude?

Well if there are secrets then I don't think anyone out of "the loop" knows exactly why the military decided to keep the phenomenon under a lid for as long as it has.
The June report may, as many have hypothesized, be a total redacted let down.

I'd guess that there are well over a dozen reasons why the military has been Mum. Religion being one of those reasons.

As far as them being able to protect themselves ya I wouldn't doubt that. But we are dealing with BIG unknowns here.
They may be so advanced that they have no concept of hostility..

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Looking at the phenomena through that lens it's not hard to see why Govts would want to keep a lid on it. Then again, I'd assume the tech the ETs possess would far outweigh anything earthly.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
How would you do that?

It sounds more like your question should be. "... how to protect them from political factions"?

"Liberalism" is a horable disease in humanity and a mental illness.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
White liberals hate black people and white non-liberals, imagine how they would treat Nordic "arian" ETs and little green men.

I’m a white , non-liberal. The only thing the perfect, Nordic Arian female ET’s, Have to fear from me is wine in the hot tub. See no problems.

Suppose the ET’s are playing the long game, they are already here, in the West we have obesity, and lack of male testosterone already? Who knows they my be worse than demons, maybe worse than Democrats and Deacons put together?

Just a thought. In the series Star Gate SG-1, the team came across the Aschen Confederation. The Aachen used their cure for cancer vaccine to deliver sterilisation to every woman on earth. It was a good episode. Who really knows.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   

They may be so advanced that they have no concept of hostility..

Well, if we are to surmise their presence, hiding and all, one assumption is that they have been observing us for so long that hostility would have been one of the things they could have learned about by watching us. And many of our forms of entertainment would substantiate that. Even non-hostile people like to watch hostile movies and such.

One thing thought, this whole notion that there are aliens that remain hidden from us offers a whole lot of speculative mental development.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
How would you do that?

It sounds more like your question should be. "... how to protect them from political factions"?

"Liberalism" is a horable disease in humanity and a mental illness.

Well we're talking about the Religious factions.

-Not the Liberal faction, or the Black faction, or the League of Marsupials faction.. or the Council of hidden Mittens faction..

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
What "certain" religious faction OP? You seem "certain", spill it...

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

So what "faction" do you belong to?

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
What "certain" religious faction OP? You seem "certain", spill it...

The Christian faction. Christians within the U.S Military are being partly blamed by the whistle blowers for the alleged cover up.
So ya, the Christian faction...

Not trying to be jerky towards Christians, but that's kinda what I've been reading..

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555
I've been reading a few stories having to do with why the U.S government didn't come clean on what they knew/know about U.F.Os, and still haven't.
Basically these people are saying that the traditional American Republican, especially in the 50s/60s, were very Christian and that the military was under control of Bible following folks. For the most part.
These folks believe in God and also believe in Demons. We've talked about this in a recent thread but I was thinking that if there are many, many, many people who would look upon ET as a demonic, evil threat, when they, in fact, were not, how can we protect them?
At the end of the day no one knows what the hell they are.. but let's say they are E.T.
Would non religious folks have to defend these creatures from the Bible folks? Kinda like the book/movie Contact where the religious fanatic blew up the machine..?
Problem being that even if they were proven to be E.T, some folks wouldn't believe it...They'd be hostile towards the aliens, even if the aliens came in peace...
Are there any bible folks here that would welcome E.T?
Or would the scientists types have to segregate them from the hostile, Christ loving mob?

*All theory of course, everything we're being told about UAPs could be bunk..Maybe Swamp Geeses..

Wow talk about a Christophobic post!

As a Christian, and 50 year military child/spouse. I can tell you that you are way off base.

We aren't so ignorant and parochial as to think that God would only create one single world and we are the only ones in the entire galaxy. That is ludicrous.

Every Christian I know is perfectly ok with the idea of ET's. It is not inconsistent with Christianity at all.

Even Jesus as savior for our world but not other worlds, is not inconsistent with Christianity. If God would send a savior to our world, why wouldn't he do the same for other worlds He created. There is absolutely no inconsistency there at all with being a Christian. On other planets they may be called something else entirely but with the same basic moral code of the greatest commandment "to love your neighbor as yourself."

One would have to be terrified of Christians and Christianity to make the leap that "bible believers" would freak out if ET were "discovered". One would have to misunderstand the basis of Christianity, belief in God. If God is all powerful, then there is no reason at all to believe that we are alone in the universe or that there being people on other planets is against religious beliefs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join