It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds rethink vaccination strategy as slowing demand reveals stark divide

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: putnam6

Perhaps but the strategy worked almost flawlessly.

Lockdown the population and control the supply chains and means of production.

The American population never locked down, ever.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Tell that to the 100,000 plus small businesses that shut down and are now OOB. Or did you think they were just on an extended vacation?

fortune.com...

Nearly 100,000 establishments that temporarily shut down due to the pandemic are now out of business

The spring shutdowns delivered a gut punch to owners of businesses from salons and daycare centers to tattoo parlors.

At the onset of the pandemic 140,104 were marked temporarily closed on Yelp.com, but by August that had fallen to 65,769. That drop, however, is not entirely driven by businesses reopening; instead, many have simply gone under. More than 97,966 businesses have permanently shut down during the pandemic, according to Yelp.com's Local Economic Impact Report.

And it may only get worse.

While many parts of the economy have begun to hum again, many small businesses are still struggling and report needing further economic aid and stimulus to survive.

In fact, "if economic trends continue at this rate, one in five business owners anticipates they won’t make it until the end of the year," Kevin Kuhlman, the vice president of federal government relations for the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB), a nonprofit small-business advocacy group, recently told Fortune.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Red Herring Trick!!!

It was never about the "Population" !!

😃

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Could they flock to Walmart though? They did. That's not a lockdown.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Statements like these is why you have zero credibility.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   

So exactly what would Lord Ahriman's lockdown look like? 200,000 small businesses shutdown probably..

No businesses at all open? How were people supposed to buy groceries? You are aware loads of people live from paycheck to paycheck. They literally have to shop right when they get their check no buying in bulk. Where were they supposed to shop?

Hell I tried to buy from deliveries etc. but we still had to go out and shop from time to time.
edit on 3-5-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: KansasGirl
a reply to: ColeYounger

Same. I’ve had two people tell me I’m selfish and “not getting back to normal” will be my fault because I won’t get the non-vaccine.

No, no, no, you tell them it's because other people aren't wearing masks.

Right!

Also, we eradicated the flu! Because of masks!

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Why ONLY Walmart? Why was WalMart allowed to stay open, but not the mom-and-pop store that sells the same stuff down the street?

Why did McDonald’s get to stay open, but not Stan’s Diner, right up the street?

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

They like the continued control is all it is.

So they have to keep finding ways to justify it. There are some serious sads over the pandemic ending like it is.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 08:36 PM
link   

You think the death toll from COVID is bad? Try forcibly locking people in their homes for a couple months when a common lifestyle is to have no more food than you can consume in a few days on hand. *That* would create a real death toll.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

My family of threeall had covid back in january 2021. None of us were really ill. I had a headache for a couple days and felt tired. We got tested because we are old 72 and 73. I only became able to get vax this month, because Dr said to wait a few monthsso we have. Hoping to get the Johnson version and only one jab.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The initial lockdown in Pennsylvania last year was so extreme that even forestry workers were forced to stay home... meaning a single guy out in the freaking woods to do a survey or mark trees to be cut was not allowed!

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   
From the OP

We will be dealing with clusters of this disease going forward,” said Shereef Elnahal, CEO of University Hospital in Newark, N.J., and a former state health commissioner. “Right now, the most hesitant group is white conservatives and they may be the most at-risk going forward.”

Sounds like the Liberals are setting up the narrative for their final solution.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I was thinking about an analogy to use when people say that a person is being selfish by not taking the vaccine.

I was given a hypothetical scenario of what if this was the Black Plague and there were bodies in the street and everyone died in 2 days from the virus. Does the government have the right to forcibly vaccinate in the name of public good?

Here goes……

I want to provide another analogy that better backs my claim that every individual has the right to choose what medicine goes into their own body irregardless of whatever existential threat there is to the public at large.

So we got rid of the draft because America saw that forced conscription to fight an external enemy was a bad idea. Forcing someone to fight an enemy against their will caused massive riots and war is just as much a threat as a pandemic to the public. We changed that because forcing people to do things that go against their moral compass causes riots and protests and isn’t good for society as a whole whether that external threat is another country killing everyone or a virus killing everyone. I think that people have the right to choose what medicine goes into their body and what is happening externally to the public at large has no bearing on this choice of individual Liberty.

When someone says you are being selfish by not taking the vaccine you can say:

“ we are going to draft you to fight an external nation that wants to kill us all. This threat is as bad as a viral pandemic. If you choose to not be drafted into the military then you are being selfish because people will die if you don’t let us forcibly draft you”
edit on 3-5-2021 by Brassmonkey because: Spelling

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   
and there is this.... Anybody else wants to say no chit Sherlock, once it arrived we were never going to eradicate it, no matter how long we lockdown or how many get vaccinated? It's gonna do what viruses do and it didn't matter what we did or didn't do. We in fact probably delayed getting to this point much much earlier.

www.boston.com...

Experts now believe reaching ‘herd immunity’ is unlikely in the U.S.
"The virus is unlikely to go away, but we want to do all we can to check that it’s likely to become a mild infection."

Early in the pandemic, when vaccines for the coronavirus were still just a glimmer on the horizon, the term “herd immunity” came to signify the endgame: the point when enough Americans would be protected from the virus so we could be rid of the pathogen and reclaim our lives.

Now, more than half of adults in the United States have been inoculated with at least one dose of a vaccine. But daily vaccination rates are slipping, and there is widespread consensus among scientists and public health experts that the herd immunity threshold is not attainable — at least not in the foreseeable future, and perhaps not ever.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 11:23 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I lol‘d, okay that was more of an amused snort - this must be the most stupid headline so far „CDC is accepting bribes from the teachers union“!

The teachers union? Bribing the CDC? Cool.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I would bet that they have inflated the numbers of
the people who they say have been vaccinated.
to fool the sheep to do the same.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You're right... they were openly permitted to gather in massive throngs to protest (as long as it wasn't protesting the lockdowns), loot, burn, and destroy whatever private businesses they chose to do in honor of that day's piece of # that fought the law and lost. Had the country experienced a real lockdown, we'd have significantly less looters and rioters still alive because the government would have handled those fracases the way China did... of course, if the pandemic was anywhere near the threat some would have us to believe it was, those throngs of thousands of asshats spitting, coughing, and sweating all over each other would have resulted in massive COVID spikes in Seattle, Minneapolis, Portland, etc, etc, etc... spikes which never came and since we obviously know viruses lack a moral or political compass, we can't say "Ah, the virus chose not to infect the righteous ANTIFA and their sycophants and Stockholm Syndrome sufferers because the virus saw their cause was just" and can only be left with one takeaway: COVID wasn't the threat we were told it was, or, if it was, then the transmission pathways we were told were in play were not the actual transmission pathways by which the virus spread.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Lockdown the population and control the supply chains and means of production."

Not sure where you live, but the vast majority was locked down by force. Thousands abd thousands of small businesses driven out of business because it is impossible to survive months of being locked down. Tens of thousands of suicides due to the lockdowns.

So, please don't speak of that of which you know nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join