It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waking up at 3am Are you Initiated

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well I fell down a rabbit hole.

Do you wake up at 3amish?

I do it all the time. The more I read about it the more interesting things I found.
Some say it is the witching hour and is evil.
Some say it is a spiritual hour in which you can become closer to God.
Some say it is the most quiet time in which you can expand your own mind.
Some say it is a time when you can see spirits.

I've just touched the tip of the iceberg with this but it is very interesting.
Here is one video on it.

Brahma Muhurtam
www.youtube.com...

edit on 2-5-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I do it all the time. The more I read about it the more interesting things I found.

Here is one video on it.

Brahma Muhurtam

I am up every morning at 3am, 4am and 6am with a bladder fit to burst. I have long suspected that demons are causing this. Are you the same? I did some smoke cleansing last night but it really plays up my damn sinuses.

Love & light

Barbara

Xxxx

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BarbaraTheEnlightened1

demons are causing this

No, I do not feel for me it is an evil time at all. Quite the opposite.
Sometimes I get up and take my dog outside and look at the stars. No matter how many times I do it, I am always amazed.
Some of them look so close. I like the way the air smells at that time too.

+5 more 
posted on May, 2 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Quite interesting, but it seems the solid 8 hour sleep desirable today wasn't the norm up to the late 17th century.
In fact, the night was once divided into a "first sleep" (two hours after dusk, for four hours) and then people awoke for all kinds of solitary and social activities (I guess around 3 am) for two hours and then they retired for the "second sleep".

His book At Day's Close: Night in Times Past, published four years later, unearths more than 500 references to a segmented sleeping pattern - in diaries, court records, medical books and literature, from Homer's Odyssey to an anthropological account of modern tribes in Nigeria. Much like the experience of Wehr's subjects, these references describe a first sleep which began about two hours after dusk, followed by waking period of one or two hours and then a second sleep. "It's not just the number of references - it is the way they refer to it, as if it was common knowledge," Ekirch says. During this waking period people were quite active. They often got up, went to the toilet or smoked tobacco and some even visited neighbours. Most people stayed in bed, read, wrote and often prayed. Countless prayer manuals from the late 15th Century offered special prayers for the hours in between sleeps. And these hours weren't entirely solitary - people often chatted to bed-fellows or had sex. A doctor's manual from 16th Century France even advised couples that the best time to conceive was not at the end of a long day's labour but "after the first sleep", when "they have more enjoyment" and "do it better". Ekirch found that references to the first and second sleep started to disappear during the late 17th Century. This started among the urban upper classes in northern Europe and over the course of the next 200 years filtered down to the rest of Western society.

www.bbc.com...

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I do. To go to work. Can't help myself doing the same on weekends. Many times I cook and leave something fancy to eat on the table for my family when they wake up. Then I go bed again and sleep. It's karmic.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Many times I cook and leave something fancy to eat on the table for my family when they wake up.

That is beautiful! What a symbol of love!

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'm still awake at 3 with the other goons.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Trueman

Many times I cook and leave something fancy to eat on the table for my family when they wake up.

That is beautiful! What a symbol of love!

I didn't think about that. You ruined my bad image.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Get up 3:30 every morning.

I wake up the rooster.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Does god synchronize the time to your location on the globe, because your 3amish is not my 3amish.. ?

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Oh boy, 3AM!

Pretty common time to get up and use the can.
Sometimes for me it is 2... sometimes 4... usually if it is 4 I just say "screw it" and get up and on with my day.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I suppose it's perspective, as in is it "initiated" or a "pain in the rear" being awakened by "something" in the wee hours at a regular time in the "witching hour?"

At this point in my life, I couldn't say if it's self programming, spiritual, tech based "effery" or some total coincidence that's as enigmatic as being in the first place.

But as a practical matter, being awakened in the middle of one's sleep cycle is annoying. I am glad that the decade spent contending with the intermittent enigmatic alarm clock seems to be ended ... in my own case.

Best of luck.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Has it so happens, I used to very frequently wake up around 3:00 a.m., and would not be able to fall back to sleep until after 4:00 a.m. .

It hasn't happened to me in probably a few decades now, but when it started for me was when I read the book version of "The Amityville horror", which noted various events happening at 3:15 a.m. .

So I'm going to just chalk it up to that thing sticking around in my head for many years after reading it, as a teenager at the time.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Funny this should appear in here since just this morning I mentioned to my wife that I had slept through the night last night for the first time in I don’t know how long. I figured it was another sign of the “circle of life “ Babies are up many times and so are the elderly...that and diaper usage.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: servovenford
Oh boy, 3AM!

Pretty common time to get up and use the can.
Sometimes for me it is 2... sometimes 4... usually if it is 4 I just say "screw it" and get up and on with my day.

+1 for a Patrick clip

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Are you ever awoken by a knocking sound, like someone knocking on a wooden door? It inspired me to search and find this verse.

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock; if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” Revelation 3:20 KJV

edit on 2-5-2021 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Another thing to consider is issues with your Lung Qi.

Whereas its true that meditation at 3am is practiced due to it being high time for lungs one of 2 primary sources for qi, making it a prime time to cultivate and circulate qi.

Typically disturbed qi in an organ system has the same effect, especially if one isnt practicing. Many people have the 1am-3am wake up as that is the Liver cycle...consider daylight savings time...

it may be very telling : 11-1am gall bladder, 1-3 am liver, 3-5am lung...and so on. Checkout 5 element theory
edit on 2-5-2021 by BlueJacket because: Eta

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Ever since reading the Amityville Horror as a kid, 3:15 AM has scared me. I, too, frequently wake around that time. I am on disability, so my schedule is far from set. So, I just make my coffee and turn on the tube. My dogs wake me up around this time too, because we have a routine. I get coffee, they get their AM meds and their AM treat. Believe me, they feel it is well worth getting Dad out of bed for this.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Everynight.....

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Here is one video on it.

Brahma Muhurtam
www.youtube.com...

I'm reaching here as I don't really know .

But my instincts tell me that 3:00am is when the veil is at it's thinnest , what I mean is the separation is most fragile between our world and the upside down or alternate or w/e you wanna call it at 3:00am .

You can just feel the energy crackling in the air at 3:00am that mixed with the half dream half awake state your in it's very mystical to say the least.

Esoteric masters gather energy and knowledge in that Half awake Half asleep state , I've picked a few minds trying to figure it out but alas there lips are hermetic as they say.
edit on 2-5-2021 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join