It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a national poll to find out what Black people need in order to vote

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I heard they need about tree fiddy.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: network dude
I know it is NOT your intent, but be aware that someone will be along to tell you how patronizing and racist your OP is.

I don't remember black folks having any problems accomplishing these things when I was a young man living in the big city. What happened? Also, I'm not hearing any black folks I know at present complaining. Is this isolated to certain parts of the country maybe?

I intentionally wrote it like that, because that is exactly how I see the left framing it.
I am fully aware that all of us have the same ability, and options when it comes to the simple things, like voting.
It's time for the Black people to say something. I'd be pissed off, hell, I'm mad for them. tell the left to fluck off.

Okay. So what are the black folks here on the forum saying?

You know, I'm not sure that I've ever heard anybody on this forum actually say that they were black. I presume that there must be black members. But they either don't want to say it or don't think that it's relevant.
for any other conversation, it isn't relevant.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Nicely put. Maybe I'm a bit sensitive but OP reads pretty much like this:

Why are black people stupid?

Least that's what I'm getting out of it..

At least it's in the correct forum.

+24 more 
posted on May, 2 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Nicely put. Maybe I'm a bit sensitive but OP reads pretty much like this:

Why are black people stupid?

Least that's what I'm getting out of it..

At least it's in the correct forum.

Why do democrats treat blacks like they are stupid is the real question.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I heard they need about tree fiddy.

+9 more 
posted on May, 2 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I see a black person is just as capable as any mixture of any other phenotypes.

Why do we need create special case for them?

explain that to me without sounding racist af.
edit on 2-5-2021 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I see a black person is just as capable as any mixture of any other phenotypes.

Why do we need create special case for them?

explain that to me without sounding racist af.

I just popped up a big batch so I can eat some popcorn while I wait for that answer.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   

i don't believe they need anything, didn't they all vote for biden?

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

more than any other candidate in the history of the nation. But only because they didn't require ID.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

When living in poverty, access to easy conforming transportation is more difficult. You have to work more hours to survive and get less free time to run errands. You may have never gotten your birth certificate, or may not now where it is. You dont get a driver's license because there's no need since you can't buy a car. State IDs cost money, and you need to find a copy or get transportation to the courthouse to get your birth certificate.. which also costs money. Social security cards, also require transportation and money. This also.. is only even known to you if you have a household where your parents and family vote and/or have IDs, and care to pass that knowledge on, which really they're too busy due to working 18 hour days and don't have time to parent.

And all this is just a tiny sliver of why.. I could go on for hours. Voting is a right, not a privaledge and therefire the act of voting should be completely free front any and every angle to citizens.

I feel the need to pick apart your post a bit more. I sincerely hope you come back and talk about this.

Can you offer an example of someone working 18 hours a day and not making ends meet? I honestly commend that person, and would love to know where to find someone like that. A work ethic that solid deserves more pay than just minimum wage. there are quite a few good paying jobs that can't find good people to fill them right now. If I only help one person, it would be a good day, and I have friends in the Cleveland area (Parma Hts) running a business and could offer help in this.

finding someone willing to work like that is rare.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I hope the GOP keeps doing exactly what they are currently doing to attract minority voters.

www.usatoday.com...

www.texastribune.org...

www.esquire.com...

edit on 2-5-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   

This past October, Joe Biden told an audience of minorities that he did not need their help in order to win the white house.

It's on tape, and it's in the o.p. of one of the threads I started back then.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The problem is that we already have equal opportunity when the left wants equal outcomes.

+3 more 
posted on May, 2 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

You know what? When people come on to the TV and say that requiring voter ID is discriminatory because POC can't get IDs, that's how it sounds to us - like they're saying Why are black people stupid?, so maybe now you can understand where we're coming from.

So many of the social programs poorer Americans, including the ones we're told absolutely cannot manage to get IDs *because* they're poor, rely upon can only be accessed with the same IDs we're told they cannot acquire in order to vote.

Somewhere that doesn't make any sense because clearly they access those programs.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

Only in a handful of cities in a few, very select states (you know, the ones he really, really needed to eek out that win).

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2
a reply to: canucks555

originally posted by: network dude

I know it is NOT your intent, but be aware that someone will be along to tell you how patronizing and racist your OP is.

I don't remember black folks having any problems accomplishing these things when I was a young man living in the big city. What happened? Also, I'm not hearing any black folks I know at present complaining. Is this isolated to certain parts of the country maybe?

I intentionally wrote it like that, because that is exactly how I see the left framing it.
I am fully aware that all of us have the same ability, and options when it comes to the simple things, like voting.
It's time for the Black people to say something. I'd be pissed off, hell, I'm mad for them. tell the left to fluck off.

You are correct.

The "left" assumes that black people are inherently unable to function in today's society.

Democrats and liberals firmly believe that black people can't figure out how to get a drivers license which would get them and ID. Which is why liberals and Democrats insist no ID should be required for anyone to vote in the US.

Democrats and liberals firmly believe that black people don't use banks or get direct deposits to accounts for things like government checks, because without an ID one can not get a bank account. Which is why liberals and Democrats insist no ID should be required for anyone to vote in the US.

Democrats and liberals firmly believe that black people can't get things together enough to buy a house or new car, because you have to have an ID to do either of those things. Which is why liberals and Democrats insist no ID should be required for anyone to vote in the US.

Democrats firmly believe that black people are unable to find their way to the nearest courthouse or city hall where they can get a free ID in any state in the nation. Which is why liberals and Democrats insist no ID should be required for anyone to vote in the US.

Biden said that black people don't know how to use the internet to get information. Which is why liberals and Democrats insist no ID should be required for anyone to vote in the US.

The liberals/progressives/Democrats believe black people due to many of their ancestors having been slaves lost the ability to function in daily life several generations later. Which is why liberals and Democrats insist no ID should be required for anyone to vote in the US.

The same liberals/progressives/Democrats believe that white people are born racists, born systemically racist, born inherently racist and are completely and totally responsible for all the ills in the entire world and that they are basically born evil, racist, and with a superiority complex.

Why does the daily rhetoric of liberals/progressives/Democrats imply regularly, that white people are born evil, and black people are born ignorant? At least that is what it looks like to the rest of us.

edit on 5/2/21 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   

First of all. I think it IS at least part of the OP’s point: this ID-for-voting-requirement-is-racist thing is itself racist and patronizing. Why does the left think that people of color can’t figure out how to get an ID?

It’s not isolated to certain parts of the country, as the illegitimate and illegal Biden tyrannical regime is (and. has been) yelling about dropping ID requirements to vote, everywhere, because, they say, people of color can’t get ID’s.

But, I think you’re playing dumb.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Look at what happened with the Georgia law. It was sooo racist that they pulled out the All Star Game and moved it to Colorado, but Colorado has more strict voting requirements, including ID requirements, than Georgia *with* the supposedly racist law.

Not only that, but states that require ID to vote make free picture ID available to the citizens so that no one has to pay to have a valid ID for the purposes of voting. That removes the "poll tax" objections.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I hope the GOP keeps doing exactly what they are currently doing to attract minority voters.

www.usatoday.com...

www.texastribune.org...

www.esquire.com...

What are you trying to say? Your sources, besides when they name the name of the state and the bill about which they’re crying, are all pure opinion. And opinion for dummies, I might add. One of your little sources says “The 2020 election proved that mail-in voting and ballot drop boxes are safe.”

Do you know that that statement is an opinion? You (or at least definitely your sources) need to go back to second grade and learn the difference between fact and opinion.

In fact there is ample evidence that mail—in voting is in FACT not safe, as lots of people have used public voter registration records to show that many, many registered Democrats who voted, did so from addresses that existed underneath bridges, from empty parking lots, and non-existent address numbers. So, contrary to the low-IQ opinion of your sources, mail-in voting has been proven to have been used for voting fraud.

TLDR- your appeal to low-IQ authority (😂😂😂USA TODAY😂😂😂) probably didn’t accomplish what you wanted.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I guess the left (and the RINO right) just aren’t smart enough to get all of that.

😒

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join