It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Caitlyn for California" [Governor] Could be a Game Changer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

I know exactly what you mean about the "she/her" video with the CIA recruit. It makes me cringe how badly people want to put themselves in boxes. But Jenner isn't playing into any of the woke stuff.

I'm watching the replay of the Hannity interview now... Jenner doesn't come across as anything except an earnest candidate that loves his state....

If it comes down to Newsome and Jenner, I think Jenner will win easily.

I wonder who else is mumbling or rumbling about running...

ETA: I found the answer to my own question in time to edit this comment!

Several other prominent Republicans have already announced their intention to run.

A frontrunner is Kevin Faulconer, a moderate who was twice elected mayor of San Diego.

Businessman John Cox, who lost to Newsom by 24 points in 2018, and former Rep. Doug Ose, who last won an election in 2002, are also running.

Caitlyn Jenner says she isn't a Republican but a 'thoughtful disrupter', says direction of country under Biden 'scares me' and insists that trans girls competing in sport is not a massive issue

This article gives a pretty good summary of the Hannity interview and Jenner's position on various issues for anyone interested.
edit on 6-5-2021 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The interview was interesting. It does seem like Jenner does want to help make California a better place.

The biggest hurdle Jenner is going to face though is that those who gave been polarized aren't going to like that he wants to work with both parties. Democrat voters aren't going to like that he is friendly with Republicans and wants to resume the construction of the border wall, and Republicans aren't going to be happy his stance on going easy on illegal immigrants and the fact that he is trans.

He does come across as a good fit for the Libertarian party, but the LP has been heading towards the whole progressive, woke, identity-politic type BS and has been taking great effort to push anyone out who doesn't agree with the trans-agenda or BLM.

The Mises Caucus would probably back him though for not buying into the whole identity politics and woke-ism though. Jenner knows he's a man. He even refers to himself as a patriarch during the interview.

If what Jenner is saying is actually heartfelt and not just BS, I'd probably vote for him if I was a Californian.

He wants to bolster small business, and create policies that create wealth for Californians. He's against the taxation and policies that are driving both business and people out of California. He describes himself as being fiscally/economically conservative, but liberal in regards to personal life matters.

I would just like to see if he can handle the political pressure and hold his own.

But as far as getting votes I don't know. Most of the commentary I've seen and heard hasn't been a discussion about his goals, but about him being a trans person.

People who consider themselves to be against identity politics need to realize that they are buying into it when they are glossing over the policies and goals being discussed and go straight to attacking a person's identity.

Most of the commentary is useless. Drivel.

Saying "No one likes you Jenner. We all know you're a man, even if you don't know what you are," or "He claims to be a woman but looks like a man. Eww, he has man hands. 🤪 What the hell have we become in this country."

or

"Who's the dude with the wig"

Is pointless. It's beside-the-fact.
edit on 652021 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

The interview was interesting. It does seem like Jenner does want to help make California a better place.

I thought so too. I was actually pleasantly surprised, maybe even a little impressed. Jenner struck me as sincere, concerned, determined, committed, and practical -- speaking from the head AND heart. But I think if anything is going to win the votes, it's the loyalty that came through. Loyalty to the state, to the people of the state, to the history and past glory of the state. He did not come across as an elitist in any way; not politically, not socially, not economically.

The biggest hurdle Jenner is going to face though is that those who gave been polarized aren't going to like that he wants to work with both parties.

There will be those. Every election. Just like Jesus said, "The poor will always be with us..." so will the polarized one trick ponies. But if any year is the year for change, this may be it. They've got more than enough sigs to get their recall election, so that's saying a lot right there! Coronapocalypse, the summer of Burn, Loot and Mayhem, businesses closing left and right, homeless and druggies taking over their neighborhoods, kids can't go to school and their teachers and administrators being rude and insulting and arrogant to parents, and on and on and on... 2020 may have been their breaking point.

It's to Jenner's credit that the focus is on resolving issues that affect and impact all Californians one way or another on fundamental levels.

I would just like to see if he can handle the political pressure and hold his own.

But as far as getting votes I don't know. Most of the commentary I've seen and heard hasn't been a discussion about his goals, but about him being a trans person.

People who consider themselves to be against identity politics need to realize that they are buying into it when they are glossing over the policies and goals being discussed and go straight to attacking a person's identity.

The pressure will be great from all sides. No doubt! But I don't see Jenner as a weak-willed person. It also seems to me that he's done his homework and given this a great deal of thought -- all of it. He knows what to expect from his opposition -- both left and right.

I'd like to think that if Jenner can remain respectful to the trans community while stressing that other issues are far more important right now, and addressing issues that will also make their lives better in the process, I think Jenner can get some support from the left. And if Jenner can remain respectful to the conservative community while stressing the importance of other issues that will make their lives better, he can get the support of the right.

Where it will get tough is in protecting women's single-sex rights from men who identify as women. If Jenner does not protect sex-based rights, it's a deal-breaker for most women (virtually ALL conservative women and a good portion of liberal women), and probably most men. But if Jenner does protect sex-based rights (as it seems) then it's a deal breaker for the Trans activists, because replacing our sex-based rights with their gender "identity" rights is an absolute must for them.

But I do think Jenner will stand firm. Jenner will only change his position if someone can change his heart and mind; but I don't believe anyone can because Jenner has seen the Trans community from the inside and knows there is a very dark underbelly... and Jenner has daughters and granddaughters to think of and protect.
edit on 6-5-2021 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing...and good for her for directly owning who she was and who she is visually. It might confuse some people, but I really like her message.

Her responses on Hannity were pretty good, too.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Thanks for sharing...and good for her for directly owning who she was and who she is visually. It might confuse some people, but I really like her message.

Her responses on Hannity were pretty good, too.

I was very pleasantly surprised. Jenner did good. Assertive without being hostile or aggressive. Earnest without seeming overzealous. Everything she addressed affected or impacted all Californians directly or indirectly, and addressing/solving those issues would benefit all Californians. Everything was pretty basic in terms of quality of life and living.

Overall, I think it was Jenner's love for and loyalty to California that really shined through.

I think Jenner's got a decent chance. Certainly has a darn good start!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join