It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Caitlyn for California" [Governor] Could be a Game Changer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Last week Caitlyn Jenner declared a run for the Governor's office in California's recall election against Gavin Newsome:

I’m in! California is worth fighting for. Visit CaitlynJenner.com... to follow or donate today. #RecallNewsome

Caitlyn Jenner is officially running for governor in California

As a self-declared proud Republican and one-time Trump supporter, Caitlyn's name is already mud in the Trans Activism world, and they are not exactly cheering Jenner on:

“Make no mistake: we can’t wait to elect a #trans governor of California,” tweeted the group, Equality California. “But @Caitlyn_Jenner spent years telling the #LGBTQ+ community to trust Donald Trump. We saw how that turned out. Now she wants us to trust her? Hard pass.”

“Caitlyn Jenner is a deeply unqualified hack who doesn’t care about anyone but herself," tweeted one transgender advocate.

But to be fair, there are some willing to see a plus side:

Some activists found reason to welcome Jenner’s announcement, saying it was further evidence that transgender Americans are running for office more frequently.

LGBTQ activists not excited by Caitlyn Jenner's campaign for governor

What might surprise many people though is that Republicans aren't rejecting Jenner, and even welcoming the candidate:

San Francisco Republican Party Chair John Dennis says he feels Jenner's candidacy challenges stereotypes of the GOp as lacking diversity.

"I mean even in San Francisco last year we put forth a candidate for state senate who is transgender," said John Dennis, the San Francisco Republican Party Chairman.

Dennis says Jenner has celebrity status with name ID, plenty of money to self-finance her campaign, and a winning mindset that could make her a serious contender.

"As Bruce Jenner, Caitlyn became the greatest athlete in the world. That shows an ability to win, and a drive, and a persistence that is really, I don't think Gavin Newsom has," said Dennis.

Republicans and transgender advocates react to Caitlyn Jenner's campaign for governor

Since announcing, Jenner has broken two cardinal rules of the Trans Activist manifesto:

Caitly n Jenner Accepts Joy Behar's Apology for Misgendering Her: 'I'm Not About Cancel Culture'

"California has bigger issues than pronouns," gubernatorial candidate says
California gubernatorial candidate Caitlyn Jenner accepted Joy Behar's apology for misgendering her multiple times during Friday's episode of "The View," taking a swipe at so-called "cancel culture" in the process.

Former Olympic champion Caitlyn Jenner says trans girls born as boys should NOT compete in female sports, with the California gubernatorial hopeful adamant that 'it just isn't fair'

In a brief interview with TMZ in Malibu as she was getting into her car, Jenner, who recently announced her bid to run for Governor of California, said: 'This is a question of fairness, that's why I oppose biological boys who are trans competing in girls' sports in school.

'It just isn't fair and we have to protect girls' sports in our schools.'

Trans Activists are not at all happy about Jenner's positions, but both are pretty common positions among the greater public -- left, right and middle.

Jenner obviously isn't the first celebrity to run for office, so that's not the game changer. But Jenner's in a quite unique position. There are no political or social boxes to put Jenner in... not a typical conservative/Republican, not a typical anything. What notoriety surrounds Jenner is no worse than any other politician. Jenner is a proven winner, someone who can and will work hard for their goals. Jenner has been a motivational speaker for decades -- long before transitioning from Bruce to Caitlyn. And I'm pretty sure he picked up a few tips from Kris about marketing and publicizing effectively!

But Jenner is also a parent to many daughters, and some of those daughters are quite athletic. Jenner knows very well the advantages the male body has over that of the female body. Jenner won an Olympic gold medal competing as a male in a male-only event. Jenner proves that boys/men who identify as girls/women can successfully compete and win against their own sex. I'm betting Jenner will also understand the reasonable fear for women if men are given free access to women's single-sex spaces, from bathrooms to shelters to prison. Jenner will want to protect all women, because Jenner will need to protect his own daughters.

I think Jenner just might re-write the entire Trans Activist debate and culture... including cancel culture.

Not as likely but quite possible, I think Californians might be happy to give a big fat middle finger to the entire Cali political establishment and vote for the outlier... Jenner. Jenner's lack of "experience" will be a plus. They know political "experience" really means political corruption and never ends well for them.

I already appreciate Jenner's candidacy. This will be interesting to watch!!!

(FYI: I have used "they" pronouns throughout as a neutral middle ground because I don't want this to be about the pronoun argument -- and neither does Jenner!)
edit on 2-5-2021 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Sure why not everything else doesn't make sense these days.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Running for office and putting on makeup, busy, boy...erm...girl...erm person?
Boys identifying as girls shouldn’t compete against girls, good policy
What else is she offering

I don’t care who Jenner is, more interested in what platform Jenner is standing for, what’s the policies

That and the little run in with Shapiro made Jenner appear petty and irrelevant, hope she has recovered from that if she wants to be taken seriously.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Ben Shapiro?

I think you might be confusing a trans veteran with Caitlyn.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

I don’t care who Jenner is, more interested in what platform Jenner is standing for, what’s the policies

This.

Who cares what toilet she uses, what is her plan for California?

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

Crazy times, right?

Who would've thunk Jenner would be the one to try to establish middle ground???

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

What else is she offering

Exactly. I don't think Californians can afford to worry about anything except what their candidates are going to do as their Governor. They will vote for the one who will do the least damage, if not the one who will do the most good. And that won't come from the Cali political establishment.

The Trans Activists will not vote for Jenner. But that's a drop in the bucket. Plenty of other liberals might. As might plenty of conservatives and independents. That may be enough.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Thank you!

I'm glad I saw that you posted it before I posted it again.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: Realtruth

Crazy times, right?

Who would've thunk Jenner would be the one to try to establish middle ground???

Aside from all the trans-drama, and her/his lifestyle. Anyone that was able to focus and accomplish what Jenner did, back in the day has a special ability to focus on goals, and not only achieve them but be the best in the world.

California is a mess, and needs a true champion.

Is that champion her/him?

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Who cares what toilet she uses...

Plenty of us care.

...what is her plan for California?

Which toilet men who identify as women should use should be part of the plan for California, and what policy Jenner will advocate/implement as governor.
edit on 2-5-2021 by Boadicea because: clarity -- re-worded for clarity

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

*shrugs*

I care more of policy positions than I do what someone identifies as.

To each their own.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Aside from all the trans-drama, and her/his lifestyle. Anyone that was able to focus and accomplish what Jenner did, back in the day has a special ability to focus on goals, and not only achieve them but be the best in the world.

California is a mess, and needs a true champion.

Is that champion her/him?

I completely agree. Jenner has proven that he can commit himself to a goal or purpose, put in the hard work -- mental, emotional, physical -- and get the job done. On the biggest state in the world -- the Olympics!

And Jenner is also making it clear that the typical trans drama will not be part of his campaign/office.

The gold medal won't win the office, but it tells us much about Jenner.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Boadicea

*shrugs*

I care more of policy positions than I do what someone identifies as.

To each their own.

In this case, it's not about what or who one identifies as, but a matter of policies which protect women and children or endangers women and children... policies with protect and defend women's sex-based rights or tramples women's sex-based rights. Trans Activists have made this about policy and laws, and every candidate must address their positions on these policies and laws no matter how they personally identify.

You might "shrug" at enabling abuse and violence against women and children. Others think it's a big deal.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Yes that but
Thought they were the same person, apologies for my ignorance.
ps(Thanks for the correction)

Now I wonder what Jenner’s views on Shapiros opinion are, live and let live?

edit on 2-5-2021 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

No worries. I wasn't trying to play gotcha, just didn't want anyone to confuse the two.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This.

Who cares what toilet she uses, what is her plan for California?

Considering California HAS become a toilet...I'd like to know if she sits or stands.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Well, I like her/his policies. I'd love to see her/him as Governor of California.

I don't care what plumbing a person has, if they have good solid policy ideas.

I don't care what clothing or makeup a person wears, if they have good solid policy ideas.

Who a person has sex with is not my business, as long as they don't make it my business by flaunting it and keeping it private and personal (public if married only), like everyone of every orientation should. Ones sexual preferences/gender preferences are no one else's business and should remain no one else's business. Unlike Kamala who slept her way into power in California, then she made it our business.

My personal stance is a totally unacceptable stance if one is a liberal/progressive/Democrat. One must NEVER be LGBT or Black and hold conservative ideas and be for conservative policies - or they are dragged through the mud by liberals as "Uncle Tim", "Oreo", or being a fake LGBT that betrays their sexuality. Liberals/Democrats think that the color of ones skin and ones gender orientation are the #1 and #2 ways people MUST define others and very publicly define themselves first and foremost. Liberals/Democrats could care less about their policies or character, unless the LGBT or Black person is conservative, then liberals/Democrats go into dox and destroy mode.

edit on 5/2/21 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Fine. I'll be that guy once again just so it's not just a 'bend the knee' fest in this thread.

California is a freaking carnival, an absolute circus. First Arnold, now this??

People have seriously lost their minds and good sense over the last 20 years.

Unheard of policies, concepts, and personal beliefs and ideas have become FACT and POLICY, and people are tolerating outrageous claims and laughable scenarios in order to not be chastised or labeled as... whatever.

Ask yourself honestly if 20 years ago you would be open to this. This would make sense??? Probably not, so what's changed? We have precedent? No. So why then is this scenario looking promising? To save the face of the Republican party, the face the LEFT created which isn't true!!?? This is going to help dispell the lies that are gospel to the left about conservatives??

Hardly.

We're actually advocating for placing a gender confused individual in the governor's office???? When did the need to be tolerant outweigh the importance of common sense?

Should we actually try and elect Kanye West for president??? Why not, right? Screw it! Let's just keep lowering the bar!🤦🏾‍♂️

Are we really running out of appropriate, QUALIFIED candidates??

What about mental stability? "There's nothing wrong if you identify as a doorknob, you'll make a great secretary of state!" 👍

Where do we draw the line??🤷🏾‍♂️

From the mental institutions to the governor's office...

We've come a long way baby!🙄🤦🏾‍♂️

God help us.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Wow. I get that you don't like this, but little of what you said actually pertains to the OP as written, nor to Jenner's specific expressed positions, nor to how various voting groups will consider Jenner's positions, much less their support or lack thereof.

I would not expect and would not want anyone to reject a transgender person as a candidate based solely on their transgender status. No more than I would want someone to automatically reject a candidate based on their sex.

The point of the OP is not if Jenner should run, or if Jenner should win, but how Jenner's candidacy (and perhaps ultimate governorship) could change the current status quo and cancel culture.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: EternalShadow

Wow. I get that you don't like this, but little of what you said actually pertains to the OP as written, nor to Jenner's specific expressed positions, nor to how various voting groups will consider Jenner's positions, much less their support or lack thereof.

I would not expect and would not want anyone to reject a transgender person as a candidate based solely on their transgender status. No more than I would want someone to automatically reject a candidate based on their sex.

The point of the OP is not if Jenner should run, or if Jenner should win, but how Jenner's candidacy (and perhaps ultimate governorship) could change the current status quo and cancel culture.

Okay, it won't.

It will just further degrade the standards until there are no standards which is exactly what liberals are pushing for.

So yeah, another loss.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join