It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My latest track.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Hey guys here my latest track, Torn apart. Its got a bit of a garage beat with a nice piano melody.
soundcloud.app.goo.gl...

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Lompyt

The piano is nice! I didn't have headphones, but it sounds jazzy.

If this is still in the works, I would suggest a baseline and some type of synth to accent it.

All in all it's decent!πŸ‘

⭐+πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 05:03 AM
link   

I like it

Now some critics from someone that sees music as color flashes. Constructive critic.

There's something off with the different tracks you use. They are not mixed well, that's not your fault, it's the source material or the tool you use. I can make out the different ranges of the tracks and they are not harmonising. It's like it's coming through a radio with bad signal. This gives off a flat impression, the depth is missing. Stereo effects are audible, that's working though.

Since I think that I can not sing myself, I won't comment on the vocals, I figure a big part is again the depth and may come from the tool you use or the sample quality.

See this as constructive critic, I think you have talent.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

some type of synth to accent it.

Yes this. The synthesizing produces a counter effect to the differentiation between these samples.

I've seen/heard similar, a slow fading up and down, how is it called, like a wind gush but very steady. It covers the hard cuts between the single samples and is not audibl if it's slowly rising over the complete frequency band up and down.

I would compare it to a blur sponge in photoshop.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I like it

Now some critics from someone that sees music as color flashes. Constructive critic.

There's something off with the different tracks you use. They are not mixed well, that's not your fault, it's the source material or the tool you use. I can make out the different ranges of the tracks and they are not harmonising. It's like it's coming through a radio with bad signal. This gives off a flat impression, the depth is missing. Stereo effects are audible, that's working though.

Since I think that I can not sing myself, I won't comment on the vocals, I figure a big part is again the depth and may come from the tool you use or the sample quality.

See this as constructive critic, I think you have talent.

Thank you, I appreciate your comments. I will try to apply what you suggested.

posted on May, 3 2021 @ 09:02 AM
link   

In my studio now we are working with spatial " headspace"...placement into the rt, lt, ft rt, ft lt, rt rear, lt rear...fields.

No matter 4-16-24-48 tracks...all gets carved up into just...variations and degrees of "LEFT" and "RIGHT".

Nice

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

In my studio now we are working with spatial " headspace"...placement into the rt, lt, ft rt, ft lt, rt rear, lt rear...fields.

No matter 4-16-24-48 tracks...all gets carved up into just...variations and degrees of "LEFT" and "RIGHT".

Nice

I have an interesting unit called the AK 100, made by Hughes Aircraft, it creates a spatial 3d effect, it could be used in the recording process, or can be used to create the effect in any recorded material. Bob Carver had something simular, but more basic in Sonic Holography. I think QSound is a take off from the Hughes units tech. A good example of QSound is Roger Waters Amused To Death, lots of spatial stuff going on.

Imaging is an interesting thing, with a good system, and good mastering, it can become quite 3d..even without the trickery..lol

top topics

join