It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is What Happens if you Defund Police

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
Relevant part starts at 0:50.

Seriously, this is the world you're asking for if you defund police. Then again, this already looks like a few cities i can think of...cough...Portland...cough...Chicago....

When people say "defund the police" what they mostly mean is that resources should be diverted to social and community groups so that they can perform these functions instead of the cops.

Right now there are cops responding to people with mental health crisis, people who need an EMT and a psych place, not a LEO and a seat in the drunk tank.

We need a different kind of first responder. Once trained to talk a person down rather than tazer them.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

Yes, the defund action is to prevent the local hillbilly city police from having armored up tactical vehicles and tanks. Why do the local city cops need full on OCP camouflage and military tactical gear, are they planning on waging war with citizens? Nevermind, that’s foot in mouth.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

They will never have a chance. The drug gangs will move in on them. Its a cycle, get rid of the cops, in move the drug gangs, rinse/repeat, one neighborhood after another.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I know this is a late reply but Lady, you have no idea what the f you are talking about.

www.usatoday.com...

you talk about about police being police well what Refunding the police is all about is taking money out of the budget of police forces that arm them to the teeth with military style weaponry and fund programs like this one in Denver, so that instead of causing more issues it actual solves problems AND gets police doing what they should be which is catching criminals and making society a safer place.

you are the one with the mental illness to think the way you do. Did you even get an education?? and if you went to college I would go get your money back because it didn't help you become more intelligent.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 02:57 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 03:08 AM
link   
The cops should leave. I wouldn't stay if I were a cop. It's bittersweet. Goodbye America.

edit on 6-5-2021 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join