It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is What Happens if you Defund Police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Relevant part starts at 0:50.

Seriously, this is the world you're asking for if you defund police. Then again, this already looks like a few cities i can think of...cough...Portland...cough...Chicago....

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Seriously, this is the world you're asking for if you defund police. Then again, this already looks like a few cities i can think of...cough...Portland...cough...Chicago....

I think the police need more funding and to be paid more then they are. And much more community involvement training!!!

www.forbes.com... 06b578e
edit on 1-5-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 1 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Forces at work in Washington D.C. want all police to be 100% Federal Government Standardized and Mobil deployable anywhere without local requests or authorizations 😃

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Hey, if cities want to defund their police and become even bigger crapholes, who am I to complain.

Let them live in what they voted for.

By the way, if you haven't noticed the police don't arrest these "violent protesters" often but they will have no problem arresting you if you defend yourself against the violent protesters so there is that.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

more community involvement training!!!

Bingo.

Being a good police officer would have to be one of the hardest jobs on the planet, it takes a very special type of person to do it well. Hiring ex-military personnel, who have been singularly trained to kill, just because they have weapons experience clearly does not work.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   

We'll be lucky if we live to see a world that close to the norm. By
the time the satanic perverted left is done vindicating themselves.

Most of us who graduated some where in the seventies. And know
the sweetness of a simpler time. an easier life will have
moved on.

Because back in those days we attacked everything with malice.
Especially our own health.

edit on 1-5-2021 by Randyvine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 06:16 PM
link   
You really don't need to post cartoons. We all saw exactly what happens when you defund the police. Remember the CHOP/CHAZ in Seattle WA last year? Well that's what happens.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   
These people today are so spoiled they now want to cancel a hub of society because they don’t like being punished for being idiots. If idiots had it their way instead of parking tickets they would prefer trophies assuming they didn’t defund police. Sniveling little bastards aren’t they? Then again human nature and all its ugliness always wins defund the cops fine, still doesn’t change mentally senile.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I feel bad for the poor and honest in these cities. they don't have the resources to relocate so they're stuck there.

the elite of course will have their neighborhood security so no worries there.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Unless poor honest folk start taking care of their own it won’t be so bad.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

This is literally how the "defund" movement started. It's been twisted and contorted over time to be "get rid of police", but the point was to focus more on community, engagement, and especially mental health understanding and control. Unfortunately, what should have been a simple "stop spending billions on chasing down MJ offenders" the movement has evolved into a "F*k the police, get them out of here" perception.

I live in a small town in Wisconsin, wasnt born here but relocated for work. Saw a car with 3 teens get pulled over in front of my house while playing Monopoly with the wife and kids. Started as a drug offense with the driver trying to "ditch the evidence ", but by the end of it there were three kids on the ground surrounded by guns. The previous 20 minutes prior to the peaceful ending had no fewer than 15 fully armored police officers with long rifles staking out positions around my house. For a bunch of zit faced kids with weed in their pockets.

The militarization of our police has gone too far. For every moment of "you see? Good thing they were armed to the teeth" you will have dozens of West Bend WI steroid trips over MJ that just shouldn't happen.

Pay the police (including my sister who is a Sgt in MKE). Pay them well. Respect them, train them, and empower them to be agents of change in our community. But funneling hundreds of millions to them for surplus warfare equipment? Defund the F out of that.
edit on 1-5-2021 by DuckforcoveR because: Grammar

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I've had people tell me this is the beginning of the end.

But they haven't really been paying attention. If they had, they'd know it was the end of the beginning.

Things will accelerate quickly from here on out.

Watch this space.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I think the police need more funding and to be paid more then they are. And much more community involvement training!!!

Train them to do what in the community, exactly, though? If we continue to let society degrade by continuing to validate everyone’s mental illnesses, doesn’t matter what the cops are trained for.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Train them to do what in the community, exactly, though? If we continue to let society degrade by continuing to validate everyone’s mental illnesses, doesn’t matter what the cops are trained for.

They need to be trained to enforce the law to the best of their abilities, dependent on the situation.

Except if someone breaking the law is not white.

THEN they need to be trained that they can't do their actual job in that case and just go home.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: KansasGirl

They need to be trained to enforce the law to the best of their abilities, dependent on the situation.

Except if someone breaking the law is not white.

THEN they need to be trained that they can't do their actual job in that case and just go home.

Exactly. Thus my comment about validating everyone’s mental illnesses. Maybe I should have said “the left’s mental illnesses.” 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   
What we need to force police to have more training. They should go the first 2-3 years on the force without carrying a sidearm. That will teach them to de escalate things. We also need to do away with secret quota on arrest and tickets.

Atlanta Wendy's would of never burnt to the ground, if the cops would of just told the guy to park the car for the night, call a friend or uber to take him home. Instead the cops do everything they can to get the person to incriminate themselves.

I do think police departments needs some defunding. I have lost count how many times i have seen videos on youtube of someone recording out in public only for 6-8 cops to show up. If a police department is willing to waste that much of resources over a legal activity, they should be defunded.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 10:25 PM
link   
First of all - Thanks Dug! Been a long time since I've seen that movie, always loved it!

To reply: I really think the Defund Police movement has merit and it should at least be given a trial run.

Pick a city; LA, Portland, NY, Chicago. Give all cops two weeks paid vacation starting immediately. Fill the empty squads with Social Workers, Mental Health Councillors, and why not liberal Marxist professors? Maxine Waters or AOC could be the Chief of Police. No guns - give them Twizzlers and lollipops to de-escalate home invasions, domestic violence, etc.

"OH! You poor, oppressed, downtrodden victim! I feel your pain!"

(BANG!) "Hey, Bro. Grab the wallet and steal the car."

"The definition of a new Conservative is a Liberal that has just been robbed." - Unknown

edit on 1-5-2021 by Hoser793 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 02:38 AM
link   

The previous 20 minutes prior to the peaceful ending had no fewer than 15 fully armored police officers with long rifles staking out positions around my house. For a bunch of zit faced kids with weed in their pockets.

The militarization of our police has gone too far.
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

So you are asking for a "demilitarize police" then?
I could get behind that way easier than I ever could a defunding.

I think many people could.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join