It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raid in Alaska targets wrong people...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: xpert11

Look, Biden won. It's over. Why must that be a part of every conversation?

Understandable, but I felt that Biden is a part of the equation. In effect, what we see is akin to if one of the people tied to law-breaking in the Nixon administration became president.

We had two extremely bad people to pick from and we lost no matter who won.

You won't get any argument from me on that point.

Smart money moves on to the next election where hopefully some new blood gets in the race.

Nobody wants to see an infusion of people and new ideas into politics more than I do.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

We seem to be on similar pages.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I used to have a lot of respect for the FBI and they deserved it. It's all gone sideways over the last ten years or so.

Been much longer than 10 years, my friend.

I grew up listening to stories of my Grand dads encounters with the G-men. They've always pushed the bounds of acceptable behavior. In many cases, obliterating them. Especially when good ol' J. Edgar was still alive--and blackmailing many in power.

Given that the FBI goes off the reservation so often, I can't help but wonder if they still blackmail folks...especially the folks in, nominally, charge of "over sight".

I've never had much respect for 'em, and, especially lately, they've done little to nothing to earn any from me.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Don't leave out the GOP.

They're just as guilty of it. Using the FBI to "watch" civil rights workers, union officials, and a plethora of others.

They're a Gestapo, alright, but all sides of the political spectrum have used the FBI, with them being all too willing to go along, against their enemies. Both real and imagined.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Blaine91555
I used to have a lot of respect for the FBI and they deserved it. It's all gone sideways over the last ten years or so.

Thankfully Ruby Ridge and Waco happened while I was young enough to not have to say I have ever respected those hitmen and thieves. It's funny how just a few examples of federally authorized mass murder will taint a young man's viewpoint on an agency like that.

Dsmn straight. The feds have never been anything more than garbage with a badge. Entrapment artists who would rather burn women alive than lose face.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I guess where I differ is in holding it against the appointed leadership and not as much the rank and file. It just seems to me that it's over the last decade or so that the rank and file have been infected to become what it is now.
edit on 5/2/2021 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Too many of 'em toe that company, and seem to enjoy doing so.

Whether that's all of them, a majority, a minority, or just a few, I don't know.

My Grand-dad, my Dad, and his brothers had nothing but contempt for the FBI. Dad was utterly unsurprised about Ruby Ridge, and other assorted screwups by the G-men.

When my Grand-father banned the FBI from his county during the twenties and thirties, he became an enemy, and it nearly may have cost my sisters when they were getting their various levels of clearance while in the military. All four of them took longer to get them than it, apparently, should have.

Smoke, with more than a hint of fire. It is a corrupt organization, perhaps even more so than the Mafia they were created to pursue...the mafia is at least honest in their corruption. The same can not be said for the BI.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Feds are running roughshod without repercussions while local police can't do their job without feds painting targets on the backs of locals. Had a dream about civilians being at war with the feds back in 2008 before the primaries were over. Dreamed Obama beat Hillary and then won the election and began turning the feds against us. FFS, it's actually beginning to happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join