It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capital police lawsuit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Blaine91555

To be fair, she was attempting to bypass a barricaded door to enter a room that still had members of Congress present, she was carrying a backpack, and explosive devices had already been found on Capitol grounds.

That officer's primary duty was to guard the members of Congress under his protection. If he suspected she might be carrying an explosive device his job was to neutralize the threat as quickly as possible.

I'd say that argument will probably be enough to have a judge find in his favor.

I think they could of just pushed her back through the window she was trying to crawl through, her hand's were occupied, less than lethal should of been tried..imo.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
In my opinion, the person that fired the shot should be hunted down and shot themselves since we know no justice will come of this because she wasn't a radical lefty committing felonies on a regular basis.

No no
I want a trial to take place in the woman's home town just like the floyd case.
A fair trial with an unbiased jury.

Ahhh..still salty over Chauvin?

I'm all for this lawsuit, the girl did not present mortal danger at the point they killed her.

Standards have been set.
I want consistency.

Sure, I don't really have a problem with..tried by a jury of your peers.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

That's a fair argument, but the same could be said about many of the incidents with police that have caused riots.

Would you argue exactly the same if an officer shot someone who reached into their vehicle for something after being detained, and it was later found that they were only reaching for their phone and not a weapon? The same thing is it not? People can't have it both ways.

She was unarmed and posed no real threat. Those who wanted to leave had already left the chamber. I believe some of the lawmakers were in fact armed and is it not possible the hidden person may have been one of them?

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   

In my opinion, the person that fired the shot should be hunted down and shot themselves since we know no justice will come of this because she wasn't a radical lefty committing felonies on a regular basis.

No no

I'm all for this lawsuit, the girl did not present mortal danger at the point they killed her.

Standards have been set.
I want consistency.

Yeah, in her home town by a jury that gets to go home every night.
That's the standards for prosecuting cops now.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   

No no

Standards have been set.
I want consistency.

Yeah, in her home town by a jury that gets to go home every night.
That's the standards for prosecuting cops now.

Like I said, you're salty over Chauvin..who is where he should be, the jury thinks so. And on juries..why did he pick trial by jury to begin with?

(post by Mandroid7 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Honestly, anytime a cop is forced to kill someone I think the needs to be a full, independent, investigation. What happened to Babbit is hardly the most egregious offense of extrajudicial execution we've seen by cops. And in many of those cases that are more egregious the cop also got off with no repercussions.

The cop in this situation has a believable enough excuse that they'll be cleared of all culpability. We've seen it before and we'll see it again.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Officer didn't shoot blindly. He shot deliberately and exactly at the part of her that had penetrated through the broken window through which she was climbing.

Whoever forcefully intruded into that area was getting shot.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I looked at your evidence.
It’s about as convincing as the 9-11 demolition charges and a missile not a plane hitting the tower.

Please go tell her family she is not dead and explain to them how they are wrong.
edit on 30-4-2021 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Idiotic take. she was shot in the shoulder neck area where the vagus nerve is and adjacent to arteries, a serious and deadly wound she died from. Who cares about previous" crisis acting" there will be no more parts played by the deceased.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

They may be, but I don't need to agree and a civil suit is quite different. They will probably settle with the family.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: balanc3

Then he knew he was shooting an unarmed woman and should be arrested for murder.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Then he knew he was shooting an unarmed woman and should be arrested for murder.

I don't know how it would be determined she was unarmed?, not brandishing yes, could of been armed though.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I don't know how it would be determined she was unarmed?, not brandishing yes, could of been armed though.

Then no immediate danger.
All I'm asking is for this cop to be treated just like every other cop when someone is commiting a crime or possibly reaching for a weapon.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith

I heard that Floyd's family was awarded 25 million for raising a criminal that managed to get himself killed by police. Policeman goes to jail for life if appeal fails.

They failed to do a legit investigation into the obvious election fraud. Almost forcing any law abiding citizen to storm the Capital. Her family should get 100,00 million.

Heard from where?

Can you post some sort of a link, please?

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I heard that Floyd's family was awarded 25 million for raising a criminal that managed to get himself killed by police. Policeman goes to jail for life if appeal fails.

They failed to do a legit investigation into the obvious election fraud. Almost forcing any law abiding citizen to storm the Capital. Her family should get 100,00 million.

Heard from where?

apnews.com...

$27 million golden casket lottery payout
edit on 30-4-2021 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Then no immediate danger.
All I'm asking is for this cop to be treated just like every other cop when someone is commiting a crime or possibly reaching for a weapon.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just pointing it out..she could of been armed, the cop would hardly know..for the sake of argument. I think the cop used lethal force too quick, and without trying anything less than lethal 1st.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Nothing will come of this, sadly.

Biden even said that the actions on January 6th were the worst this country has faced since the Civil War.

The left is in charge.
The left consider her an enemy.

QED

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Heard from where?

apnews.com...

$27 million golden casket lottery payout

Thank you. Mind you the compensation culture in the US is a bit mental compared to the UK.

Your legal system is a bit of a laughing stock.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I imagine it is...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join