It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds’ cover-up of UFOs puts US at risk, ex-Pentagon official warns

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

When people live as Jesus did, though, it spreads only good.

A very simple truth has even been completely distorted. Think of
the hate that must exist some where to do that? Follow the hate
and it leads you to the source.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I think aliens, when they interact with humans, go to great pains to keep their advanced technology out of view.

Partly for security, so we don't learn how it works.

Partly to make it possible for us to relate to them an a level that feels approximately equal footing. (Why bother interacting at all, if they're not going to make us feel welcome in the interaction?)

My point being: Seeing an angel holding a sword is not a contradiction with aliens-as-angels theory.

An approximately human looking alien, may choose to hold a sword. (Or an alien capable of altering its appearance to look human in an attempt to avoid frightening people.)

originally posted by: Randyvine
a reply to: Peeple

What bothers me is you claim you know the truth just because you read it in a book.
I read Harry Potter that doesn't prompt me to run around and tell people I know Valdemort is out to get us, or Lord of the Rings & Sauron, etc.
I mean okay the bible is very old but with much generosity maybe a historic novel, sometimes more like a psychonaut's diary. If you'd want to get anything true out of it you'd have to put a lot of hard work into it with historical context, archeological evidence etc and what would be left wouldn't be much more than the X-files quote:
The truth is out there

How does it make sense that this collection of sacred books all regarded
as scripture and held up as truth. And called the Bible. Why and how
would these writings record a history of events. With chronological order
as a record of man's interactions with this Creator source of everything.

In fairness, I'm not sure the things you are saying are even contained in the bible.

The Bible is impressive because it is the earliest case of an oral tradition being written down, and surviving more or less complete and intact to the modern day.

Oral traditions can be very insightful, especially if they are very old. One does not have to believe the supernatural claims (such as existence of a diety), and can still appreciate the value of the content.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

In fairness, I'm not sure the things you are saying are even contained in the bible.

Well if you want to comment I can't stop you. But you just informed
everyone you're not sure of what you're talking about.

Or are we experiencing some kind of barrier going on here?

Language or maybe age? Because "In fairness" what you referred to
as being IN the Bible. Are actually well known facts ABOUT the Bible.
So to be clear none of that was scripture.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine

The problem is what I think is pure product of my thoughts, in contrast to you I didn't swallow what was presented and don't claim it's more than what it is.
And another difference is I'm not done thinking. You keep talking about lies and the truth, but that doesn't really apply, I'm not the one suffering from the delusion it'd be possible for any human to know everything.

edit on 7-5-2021 by Peeple because: enough

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Randyvine

The problem is what I think is pure product of my thoughts, in contrast to you I didn't swallow what was presented and don't claim it's more than what it is.
And another difference is I'm not done thinking. You keep talking about lies and the truth, but that doesn't really apply, I'm not the one suffering from the delusion it'd be possible for any human to know everything.

To be sure if I suffer any delusions it isn't that I know everything.

But fair enough.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine

Well if you want to comment I can't stop you. But you just informed
everyone you're not sure of what you're talking about.

Or are we experiencing some kind of barrier going on here?

Language or maybe age? Because "In fairness" what you referred to
as being IN the Bible. Are actually well known facts ABOUT the Bible.
So to be clear none of that was scripture.

Well, I've read quite a lot of the Bible. New Testament either twice or three times. But I never really finished the Old Testament.

So I can't be entirely sure anything you say is NOT said in the Bible, because it could have been said in one of the parts of the Old Testament I didn't get around to reading.

I'm not aware of any specific passages in the Bible that discuss demons and any possible relationship with alien craft.

Most demonology is extra lore that was made up by various religious scholars in the middle ages. Even King James himself believed he had had a revelation about it, and wrote a book (not the King James Bible. I mean a book he himself simply wrote.)

The Bible is really sparse when it comes to such questions.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Old testament is tough I'll give you that. A lot of easily distracted
reading with little reward. That's why I haven't read the entire
cannon my own self straight away. Only thru constant study do
I feel confident. But to just set down and read that puppy straight
thru? Maybe someday.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join