It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belt-Fed Bullpup Lever-Action Rifle Chambered in .44 Magnum

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oathkeeper73
How often do you get a 200-300 yard shot at a hog? People use brush guns for a reason.

More like 25-50. I only take a pistol as a back up.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened
a reply to: Rekrul

There are a few cities I am pretty sure are outside of cook county that went absolutely nuts with the gun control laws. One passed an ordinance against assault rifles that included various types of hand guns and shot guns. Figure that one out... Even for cook county that is bold stupidity.

The lever action may, and should, make a difference in most states but this is Illinois. Logic and fact don't mean much here.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

The 44 magnum with this 20-inch barrel providing 1/20 twist provides about 900-foot pounds at 50 yards with a 300-grain hollow point bullet. That will flatten out any living North American wild hog.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence
My deepest respect for the person that came up with it, for the craftmanship.

Bullpup isn't allowed for private use here (Germany). What I write now is from the viewpoint of a German hunter (I don't own a license but my foster dad did and naturally I was interested, went to bore hunting a lot because it's like a pest here.

That said, I don't see any value for bore hunting with this one. I've been on "pressure hunting", means I and others were traversing the forest with clap-boards and making noises to get those bores out so the hunters can scope and take them out on the open field.

I certainly don't want anybody with this thing around me, swinging and going wild on boars in a field. I traditionally was taught to make it a 1 shot kill whenever possible. Having others swing a big capacity, big calibre firearm with relative fast leverage mechanism hunting on boars, doesn't paint a conscious picture about hunting and reducing suffering of the animal, to me.

This is more for making a massacre than a precise, conscious take out shot, but that's just my opinion about this thing being used for boar hunting or hunting in general. Not talking war, sports or defense.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I wouldn't hunt hogs with that, I'd prefer something like a .308 so I don't have to get too personal with them.

This was in my mind too when I wrote above post. I like to be up, safe and conscient, not running around on the ground waiving this thing. Even on pressure hunting, I was ready to throw my board and jump the next tree.

One time I was not aware and a bache (female) jumped out of the under-wood and went straight for us, probably there were her frischlings (kids) hidden. She wasn't on the kill list as she's protected by hunters law and stayed around. So I had to stay up that tree for a while until someone with a pickup drove near by and I jumped on to the hatch/deck.

When things go hectic in a boar / hog hunt... lol

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Things are a lot different over there than they are in the United States here in Oklahoma for instance you might happen upon 30 or even 50 Hogs and they are not a friendly bunch you got to shoot them fast and put them on a trailer and take the lot of them in to be processed

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Okay if it's that much I can see the need for high capacity and fire rate. Don't get me wrong, I think this shouldn't be banned, it should be up to each one to decide and be conscious. Firearms like this lead to not aiming precise, what often leads to agony for the animal.

Of course if it's 30-50 hogs ambushing you because they will certainly eat you... I rather have something like the above than a 308 with heavy swing and single bolt action. Hogs eat everything, even young deer if they can get them.

We have a hog pest, too. It's why hunters can get silencers and night vision scopes that were not available except for military and police before. I was so let down when I heard the first silenced shot. I expected a sound like in the games but all it did was change the tonage and also a bit silenced but not the high pitched "pfit". More like a "tak" than a "boom".

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Suppressors are like a muffler on a lawn mower. It is not quite as much but not a lot different. Certainly not like the movies. Where I live out in the boonies people go out and shoot in the back yard all the time. I can tell by the tone and the cycle rate who is shooting what. The same can be said of me of course. I likely will put down a couple of magazines out of my 45 in a week. I like hitting water bottles at 50 yards. I figure if I can hit those at 50 I am doing all right.

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Try taking the lid off one of the bottles. I could do that with a 15J airrifle, 4.5mm diabolo style competition pellets, no scope, just the visor and a small crosshair at the end of the rifle. Freestanding outside, I could took off bottle lids from 1L plastic cola bottles at a distance of what google earth tells me is 59m.

There was a little pond in between and I watched the wind, could see the pellet flying. The lid was a bit unscrewed of course. It all started when me and my friends started to try hitting the bottle and I took off the lid, more accidently than conscious decision I confess.

We all were used to shooting 10m airrifle indoor and sometimes when the adults were in a good mood, outdoor range where we shot "KK" / 0.22 long. There's not much to do in a small town with no attractions so it's either sports, music, sing, or shooting club. These are not the common airrifles, it were match airrifles, some club owned. Some 7.5J, some 15J. Single bolt action with a side lever, these are way more accurate than the ones you break open in the middle.

Add: Important to know, the shots were "fired" elevated from inside a wooden hood that was open on two sides. Elevation at least 5m or more. I am sure I could not pull that off today, haven't used one in years.
edit on 2.5.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

edit on 2.5.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

When I first looked at it I thought it couldn't possibly be legal without a tax stamp for an SBR. However, after looking a little more carefully, I guess it could be 18". But given the eye relief location, man, I'll bet that puppy is LOUD! I've got an 8-1/2" barrel on my .44 mag SA pistol, and that's at the end of my extended arm, and that bad girl has a serious bark! This thing must be 10x as bad for concussion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join