It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are conspiracies getting Dumber?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Yes, witness Q, but that's mostly because people are getting dumber. The average IQ in the United States is around 95 which means half the population is as dumb as an actual cucumber.

I'm not sure that we can believe most of what we hear about Q.

The media seem to say that it's all about believing in cults and pedophile vampires and space lizards, but from what I hear that's mostly BS, and that a lot of Q is simply people getting angry about lobbying and vested interests having more power than voters when it comes to setting policy.

Therein lies another problem.
Who delivers the message and how is it delivered?

If someone like Greta Thugbern says that environmental pollution is causing chemical and hormonal problems for amphibious wildlife and we need to act fast to prevent it, she'll be a hero. They'll give her airtime, cash and meetings with important world leaders.

If Alex Jones says they're turning the frogs gays, then it's obvious he's a loony with dangerous, harmful beliefs.

Very similar message.
Very different delivery.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   

We take our conspiracies as they come...here on ATS.

One thing that never changes...people who like mocking conspiracy theories on conspiracy forums.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   

... The average IQ in the United States is around 95 which means half the population is as dumb as an actual cucumber.

You do realise that IQ doesn't work like that, don't you? The average is always 100. If people are getting stupider, the average IQ is still 100, just people aren't as brainy. You personally can be above average, or below average, or your IQ can go up or down, but it's always measured against the average of everyone else, so if everyone else is getting dumber, your IQ can go up without you actually doing anything.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CrastneyJPR

That's because they keep adjusting the numbers up to compensate for the amount of bobo imbeciles that presently exist in our society. You know, grading on a curve.

edit on 29-4-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

We take our conspiracies as they come...here on ATS.

One thing that never changes...people who like mocking conspiracy theories on conspiracy forums.

It's strange isn't it.
I've no interest in sports.
Not once have I ever felt the need to join a sports website simply to harass and belittle the people there who enjoy sports.

As I said before, some conspiracy theories are just theories and others are downright obviously a sinister agenda.

I think some just can't separate the two. They like to belittle you and presume that if you're interested in one then you automatically believe them all.

Tactics.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   

The media seem to say that it's all about believing in cults and pedophile vampires and space lizards, but from what I hear that's mostly BS, and that a lot of Q is simply people getting angry about lobbying and vested interests having more power than voters when it comes to setting policy.

I believe it because I read it with my own eyes, right here on this site.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Go read the Q thread, it's the wacko stuff.

I'm not convinced that it's real.

Even if IQs dropped sharply there can't be that many people who actually believe the wacko stuff. It's not even believable as the plot of a bad TV movie.

I think that some of them are just making things up for fun.

Those threads are just creppypasta.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrastneyJPR

... The average IQ in the United States is around 95 which means half the population is as dumb as an actual cucumber.

You do realise that IQ doesn't work like that, don't you? The average is always 100. If people are getting stupider, the average IQ is still 100, just people aren't as brainy. You personally can be above average, or below average, or your IQ can go up or down, but it's always measured against the average of everyone else, so if everyone else is getting dumber, your IQ can go up without you actually doing anything.

So how do you track average IQ over time if its only a relative measure

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Even if IQs dropped sharply there can't be that many people who actually believe the wacko stuff. It's not even believable as the plot of a bad TV movie.

Watch the HBO documentary. There are so many of those brain dead wackos out there it isn't funny.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Watch the HBO documentary. There are so many of those brain dead wackos out there it isn't funny.

Since HBO is part of the mainstream liberal media it's in their interest to inflate the problem. You take a couple of fruit loops and you make them seem like a larger movement. It's like white supremacists. There are a small number, maybe enough to fill a stadium. But not enough to justify any real official attention most of the time. But the government and the media have an agenda, so they big up the problem to make it seem like a real threat to enable them to pass draconian laws or to crack down on free speech. Suddenly any white person who doesn't like rap music or Oprah suddenly becomes a neo nazi, because it suits the narrative.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Since HBO is part of the mainstream liberal media it's in their interest to inflate the problem. You take a couple of fruit loops and you make them seem like a larger movement.

Watch it, the guy who did this followed it around for years. It isn't a couple.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   

That's true.
The media also like to legitimise their own wackjobs and create the impression that they are honest and trustworthy.

Coming up. ....Don't trust the government has your best interests in mind??? Maybe you're a danger who should be in jail.....

After the break.....Russia Russia Russia!

The media should be hated by everyone for their scumbaggery yet people choose their "side" and defend them.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

The dumbing down of society is working fine.

There seems to be no end to people's stupidity.

I believe that the growth in the 'conspiracy theory' phenomenon is largely a result of concerted efforts to discredit the conspiracy theory movement.
Not everything is a conspiracy.....but some things are.
Unfortunately its becoming increasingly difficult to sort through the mountain of absolute bollocks and unearth the real conspiracy's, the important conspiracies.

Whose agenda does that serve?

I agree. Social media, tic toc etc. with 40+ year olds acting like they are 12. 40+ year olds with zero respect, t-shirts and ball caps to job interviews, social dinners etc. What happened!

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Since HBO is part of the mainstream liberal media it's in their interest to inflate the problem. You take a couple of fruit loops and you make them seem like a larger movement.

Watch it, the guy who did this followed it around for years. It isn't a couple.

Yes, but we've seen this before with most sub cultures. A reporter hangs around outside of a convention center and interviews the most insane people they can find, then makes out that this handful of people are representative of everyone.

Just think of reporters interviewing crazy fans outside of the super bowl.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Bro, if you watched the documentary you'd understand, he's not pushing any agenda and doesn't try to sway you one way or another.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Bro, if you watched the documentary you'd understand, he's not pushing any agenda and doesn't try to sway you one way or another.

Does he say how many times they were right?

Or all of the mainstream things they talk about like lobbying or judicial over reach?

Even if you are 100% right this really goes to prove what I've been saying. 20 years ago those kinds of beliefs would be ultra fringe views held by people who had legitimate mental health problems, or they would be considered urban legends.

Now things ike chem trails and morgellans or ufo coverups are being pushed aside in favor of Biden making it illegal to eat more than one hamburger a month, and that's one being pushed by the media, not on some Internet conspiracy forum.

Bill Gates putting microchips in vaccines, Hillary Clinton coughing up green slime, George Soros being a vampire. These are so dumb that it defies words.

20 years ago plane spotters used aircraft tail numbers to track secret CIA planes to black sites all over the world.

10 years ago amature astronomers used reflections off of solar panels to track a top secret prototype military drone space shuttle placing spy satellite over North Korea.

5 years ago armchair sleuths hunted ISIS terrorists using Mountain ranges in the background of propaganda videos.

Last year it was claimed that an army of illegal immigrants with fake glasses and moustaches were voting hundreds of times in the election.

Do you see where I'm going here?

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Does he say how many times they were right?

All your questions can be easily answered.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Let me tell you the problem with you actually believing what you believe: most of it is sculpted by a government that has made it legal to lie to you both directly and through your favorite media sources.

From time to time you get a peek under the tablecloth. Like the recent Project Veritas stuff about CNN. Which, if we are being honest, should be damning enough by itself to tank the network....its just that people have their confirmation bias they like itched.

Are conspiracies dumber? Not at all. You just buy the spin that they are dumb. Its how the conspiracies, especially involving government, are always handled: via ridicule. To me, that is a tell that its not dumb at all. Although, some reasonable skepticism is called for, like with flat earth and the anti vax crowd.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The Q Stuff is a good example of using healthy skepticism.

There are CT's out there that were spun by people that want to make political opposition look dumb. And there are some spun by people trying to make just random folks look dumb (like the chans do). Q is probably a honeypot to scoop up the wackiest of the wackadoo's so they can act crazy for the cameras.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

it worked.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join