It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor Arrested For Preaching The Bible in London UK

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
The list of words you can be arrested for saying in the Uk?
Or is it just up to your police?

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
a reply to: Alien Abduct

All this shows is that the police have to put up with some real morons. Real morons of the Order of Moronia.

You guys are the morons, giving up your rights. 👏👏

That officer was just trying to intimidate the citizen with a false ticket because he didn't like the citizen filming him. But unbeknownst to the officer the man knew his rights (you know, because we still have those here) and the officer got his ass handed to him.

But yeah, arrest a preacher for preaching on the corner and sit there and act like UK has freedom of speech 😅🤣😂

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
They have no appreciation of actual individual freedom.
They haven't for a very long time.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

You got a link for this 'list' or have you just dreamed it up out of your imagination to fit in with your locked in, pre-conceived and prejudiced viewpoint?

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Interesting you refuse to answer a simple question.
Its ok.
I understand you are probably afraid you will be arrested.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   

You can do all that but the old man cannot?

So there is freedom of speech but only in certain places?🤔 freedom of speech is off limits on a street corner? Is your freedom of speech as only your police officers see fit?

Here in the U.S. as long as he wasn't threatening them with bodily harm he can say what he wants. And if they don't like it they can either ignore him and walk away, yell back or kick his ass.

That's how it is here in the U.S.

Offensive speech is not illegal here because we don't like to value someone's opinion on what they perceive is offensive over someone else's opinion on what they think is offensive. Or else you get this back and forth well this is offensive let's add that....oh and this group thinks this is offensive let's add that in there.....oh now this group thinks this other thing is offensive let's add that now too.

Therefore as long as the person isn't inciting violence or threatening violence then ALL speech is protected by our constitution.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   
They don't have that.
It is not important to them.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
They don't have that.
It is not important to them.

Right! But yet they will still sit there and say they have freedom of speech. It's hilarious! 🤣🤣🤣

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvanB
a reply to: FreeFalling

I care very little for what happened hundreds of years before I was born and had nothing to do with

What about Magna Carta? Did she die in vain?
😉

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Oh dear. The usual Yank suspects are lecturing us Brits about freedom of speech. Again. Zzzzzzzz

link   
They say A LOT.
It is part of their heritage.

Tiny Island.
Feelings of insignificance.

They get to do what the queen lets them do.

At least they had the stones to get out of the eu.
It is a start.

link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: shooterbrody

You got a link for this 'list' or have you just dreamed it up out of your imagination to fit in with your locked in, pre-conceived and prejudiced viewpoint?

Dude it's your country! Give us the list of language that is deemed to be offensive? Or is the list too long? Is it to be determined by your overlords? Who determines it?

Why is what one group finds offensive good enough to arrest you but what a perhaps smaller group finds offensive not enough to arrest?

Do you see the problem here?

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   

He wasn't threatening anyone at all.

Someone got their feelings scratched because the verses he was quoting was interpreted as "hate speech" by a bunch of snowflakes who don't understand the concept of freedom of speech.

This small but vocal group of wankers are ruining this once great country along with the police who are being used as enforcers for them.

I hate what this country is becoming and its about time we put these people in their place and REALLY hurt their feelings!

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Its exactly the same as lots of things on here.
People take take one isolated instance and believe it is representative of life in general, it isn't.
Millions upon millions the length and breadth of this country speak their mind every single day but of course that isn't reported or is simply ignored because it doesn't fit in with people's agendas or pre-conceived ideas.

The FACT is there are many people preaching their interpretation of The Bible in almost every single reasonably large town or city.
There's two who regularly appear on the main street in town centre where I live, usually on a Saturday afternoon when its full of weekend shoppers. (Pre-lockdown days of course).
One is all happy clappy and the other all fire and brimstone.
It can be quite comical watching them compete with each other.
I've never heard of them being told to be quiet or to move on or anything remotely like that.

It cuts both ways; if I wanted to push the impression that people here in the UK are free to do anything and everything they choose then I would simply ignore or supress stories like this.

The reality is as usual somewhere in between.
There are some restrictions; specifically 'hate speech' - and what constitutes 'hate speech' is certainly open to debate and interpretation.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   

How can I give you a list of words when 'the list' doesn't exist?

Bizarro.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Sad to live in a place where simply expressing oneself can lead to prison.
Sad third world bs.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Sad to live in a place where simply expressing oneself can lead to prison.
Sad third world bs.

At least our Police don't generally act like John Wayne on steroids and we can have free and fair elections without folk going completely bloody mental.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

So predictable.
So arrogant.
So wrong.
So comical.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   

How can I give you a list of words when 'the list' doesn't exist?

Bizarro.

I didn't say list of words. I said a list of language.

lan•guage lăng′gwĭj►
n. Communication of thoughts and feelings through a system of arbitrary signals, such as voice sounds, gestures, or written symbols.
n. Such a system including its rules for combining its components, such as words.

Anyways you see, there is your problem. It seems this list is to be determined by your overlords when they see fit.

posted on Apr, 29 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   

a reply to: Oldcarpy2

So predictable.
So arrogant.
So wrong.
So comical.

Sadly, yes. Yanks do not have "irony" in their dictionaries.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join