It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor Arrested For Preaching The Bible in London UK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 07:34 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk..." target="_blank" class="postlink">pastor arrested for preaching the bible

I find this blatant attack on free speech very disturbing in what is a Christian country.

I wonder what the queens thoughts are on this since she took an oath to defend the faith?

Our ancestors would be rolling in their collective grave.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Hey Evan. I tried to get your link to work and couldn't. So I went to the daily mail and could not find that headline there either. Got a new link for this highly unbelievable story?

Yours. T

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: EvanB

Your link doesn't seem to work for me.

I assume your talking about this case;
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Shocking.
Personally I'm sort of caught in the middle on what the man was 'preaching' about - a subject that requires a thread all on its own - but I find it outrageous that he was arrested.
He was NOT spouting 'hate' speech' or advocating any sort of prohibitive action against others. He was expressing his personal opinion based on his interpretation of biblical scripture.

There will be a backlash to the woke agenda.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yes that's the one. Thanks for fixing the link.

The fact is if a a gay pride March with barely dressed people, which they do in front of kids, goes off the police don't bat an eye and have no problems offending Christians And no one gets arrested.

But. You preach the bible in a Christian country and get locked up.

I am getting so sick of the police and the illiberal plague in this country

Something needs to be done

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I’m an atheist and I usually just point and laugh at the things preachers say but I will always defend their right to say them.
Pretty sad when someone can be silenced because of muh feelins..

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   

The woke agenda is being pushed on us at every opportunity and on every level.

Its just a constant drip feeding of wokism and pushing the interests of every special interest group above and before ordinary, everyday people.

I'm all for live and let live and you honestly couldn't meet a less prejudiced person and I don't believe in imposing my morals and personal beliefs on others.
But neither do I expect those of others to be forced on me or my cares, concerns, best interests and opinions to be ignored at the expense of a self-hate, guilt ridden, hyper-sensitive, hateful and divisive agenda that undermines many of our core principles and social underpinnings.

Society needs change and some of its injustices need eradicating but this woke agenda will only increase and exaggerate existing divisions.

Whose agenda does that serve?

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Its worrying that many of those who support this sort of action taken against the 'preacher' who was expressing his interpretation of Christian scripture yet they defend the rights of 'preachers' of extreme and radical Islamic interpretations to spread their messages of hate and support of terrorism and homophobia that far exceeds anything expressed by this man.

Hypocrisy of the highest order.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 09:05 PM
link   
He was accused of making homophobic remarks, but he also physically resisted arrest, which wasn't a good idea even if he was in the right.

On the other hand, why did they feel the need to arrest him to begin with? It was unnecessary. Do they have a law against "homophobic" statements in London?

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Considering the Catholic v Protestant wars in the UK, it was religion who put many of your ancestors in those graves, rolling or otherwise

Protesting lewd behaviour in the streets, absolutely fine with that
Protesting a pride parade because people choose a gay lifestyle, God gave them freewill and Christians don’t have a right to tell others how to live.

Love, serve and care was Christ’s command

I didn’t read the article, just posting my view

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

This 71 year old pastor was just an easy target.

It's ok to desecrate the cenataph, pull down our monuments etc but preach the bible and you get put in handcuffs

The police have become an absolute joke and a shame to their uniform.

The majority of this country have no time for this woke nonsense that is pushed down our throats daily and expect our police to protect free speech and not erode it.

They forget we are policed by consent. What happens when we remove that consent?

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I'm a non-believer, but feel the pastor should have every right to preach from the bible.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

No law against preaching the bible. He wasn't using his own words but quoting from the same bible the police themselves swear on in court!

They sent 3 young coppers to arrest an old man.

He just simply scratched some poor lambs feelings.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   
What were those Crusades about??

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: FreeFalling

I care very little for what happened hundreds of years before I was born and had nothing to do with

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

The woke agenda is being pushed on us at every opportunity and on every level.

Its just a constant drip feeding of wokism and pushing the interests of every special interest group above and before ordinary, everyday people.

I'm all for live and let live and you honestly couldn't meet a less prejudiced person and I don't believe in imposing my morals and personal beliefs on others.
But neither do I expect those of others to be forced on me or my cares, concerns, best interests and opinions to be ignored at the expense of a self-hate, guilt ridden, hyper-sensitive, hateful and divisive agenda that undermines many of our core principles and social underpinnings.

Society needs change and some of its injustices need eradicating but this woke agenda will only increase and exaggerate existing divisions.

Whose agenda does that serve?

Not to offend, but it serves Satan's agenda.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Personally, I got no problem with people talking about the Bible in public, but it can be a bit confronting.

Especially when the firebrand types are screaming that I'm going to Hell if I don't accept Jesus.

Perhaps he was being a bit too confronting in public ? I dunno.

Unsolicited Bible yelling is not what Jesus taught.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Perhaps he can cast the first stone, too.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

Isn't Satan's agenda the same as God's ?

I mean, nothing goes against God's plan....does it ?

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Wow
That is some freedom you got there UK.
How can any of you stand for this crap?
You fought Hitler for this?
Shame on you.

posted on Apr, 28 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Our ancestors would be rolling in their collective grave.

Which ancestors?

Y'all had a few back there in history who were chopping off Catholic's heads, and a few before them who were chopping off Protestant's heads. Don't feel bad though, we've had more than our share of hypocrites too!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join